DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Check here... Especially the big cap...
Remove cap and check below copper trace..

Attachments

fazrul80

Apr 18, 2013
kedah
TQ Bro E-Tech...
I will check Q3 .. I dun think the big cap because I replaced all the caps first.. then I tried it on the car but CEL light will goes off around 5-15 minutes .. fuel pump prime normally after CEL light goes off ... I use the car a few days and after that I just replace components Q3, IC17 & QM3. fuel pump is not working after I changed three of these components...

Jul 31, 2013
Sarawak
Dear All,

I have ECU P30 engine light on, swap ECU tested ok, faulty ECU all the caps,QM3,IC17 changed still engine light on can't start engine pls any advice? Thanks

Rgds
fcwee

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Dear All,

I have ECU P30 engine light on, swap ECU tested ok, faulty ECU all the caps,QM3,IC17 changed still engine light on can't start engine pls any advice? Thanks

Rgds
fcwee
My guess.... Cap leak badly and you now hv broken connections somewhere...

Jul 31, 2013
Sarawak
My guess.... Cap leak badly and you now hv broken connections somewhere...
Dear E-Tech,

Below is my ECU P30 Pictures, we recheck the PCB trace look like good condition, Beside broken connection have which component can cause the engine light on can't start.

(All the caps,QM3,IC17 Changed)

Rgds
fcwee

Attachments

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Dear E-Tech,

Below is my ECU P30 Pictures, we recheck the PCB trace look like good condition, Beside broken connection have which component can cause the engine light on can't start.

(All the caps,QM3,IC17 Changed)

Rgds
fcwee
Base on picture.... ic17 need change again.
Your symptom is key on- no fuel pump prime sound and no main relay
CLICK and check light on and cannot start correct?
If yes---> ic17 change again and check if you hv damage
The track from previois replacement during removal.

Jan 24, 2010
Puerto Rico
Hey E-tech how's it going?

... good to see you have been using my IC17 fix for delayed fuel pump prime and solid CE light ;-)

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
Hi guys, really need help on this, cel 14 on p08 ecu, confirm ecu as chage other p08 will be fine, changed all caps and 3leg transistor still hunting idle and cel 14, (cel trigger after few seconds after start) my problem is similar to all cel 14 in this thread since page 1..

Any help would really be appriciated,
Thanx and regards...

Edit: had clean the board btw but still no luck..

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hi guys, really need help on this, cel 14 on p08 ecu, confirm ecu as chage other p08 will be fine, changed all caps and 3leg transistor still hunting idle and cel 14, (cel trigger after few seconds after start) my problem is similar to all cel 14 in this thread since page 1..

Any help would really be appriciated,
Thanx and regards...

Edit: had clean the board btw but still no luck..
Picture plzzzzzz

Oct 24, 2013
I have a p28 ECU and its not priming my fuel pump or starting the car. i know its the ECU cause i swapped in the stock one into the car and fuel pump primed and started the car. I read some of this thread and its a common problem on this ecu. the fix is to replace QM1,2 (STA460C) and QM3 (STA413A), IC17 (TA8903SN) c14 or any burned caps. There is no visible burns and all the solder points look intact and good. I went to a electronics shop thats sells circuit board parts and tools ect. and also does repairs and said all the solder points and nothing looks burn but one of the parts i need could be burned and cant see it. They dont have the parts i need. Is there a reputable place to get these parts online? If i replace any of these will the tune on the ecu be altered? will i have to retune? Any help or info on this is appreciated..thanks

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
I have a p28 ECU and its not priming my fuel pump or starting the car. i know its the ECU cause i swapped in the stock one into the car and fuel pump primed and started the car. I read some of this thread and its a common problem on this ecu. the fix is to replace QM1,2 (STA460C) and QM3 (STA413A), IC17 (TA8903SN) c14 or any burned caps. There is no visible burns and all the solder points look intact and good. I went to a electronics shop thats sells circuit board parts and tools ect. and also does repairs and said all the solder points and nothing looks burn but one of the parts i need could be burned and cant see it. They dont have the parts i need. Is there a reputable place to get these parts online? If i replace any of these will the tune on the ecu be altered? will i have to retune? Any help or info on this is appreciated..thanks
Does the check light go off?
PM me for support.

Oct 24, 2013
OKLAHOMA CITY
hey E-tech great thread you've started here! i have a p28 or p06 (not sure no label) ecu simular problem as diode210. i know for sure that pin A25 pin out shorted to ground and caused the problem. i do not see any shorts in board.
step 1 :when I first attach the ecu it will prime the fuel pump and cel stays on and no start .
step 2: if i key off and key on the fuel pump will not prime and cel stays on no start .
step 3:if i remove the ecu and re install the fuel pump will prime and the cel stays on no start just like step 1
. i have swapped for good known ecu and car will start.
i have measured the voltage coming out of IC7 pin 32 to Q10 pin 1,2,and 3 and they measure 5 volts with step 1 and 3
with step 2 measuring the voltage out of IC7 pin 32 to Q10 pin 1 has 5 volts ,pin 2 has 0 volts ,and pin 3 has 5 volts

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hey E-tech great thread you've started here! i have a p28 or p06 (not sure no label) ecu simular problem as diode210. i know for sure that pin A25 pin out shorted to ground and caused the problem. i do not see any shorts in board.
step 1 :when I first attach the ecu it will prime the fuel pump and cel stays on and no start .
step 2: if i key off and key on the fuel pump will not prime and cel stays on no start .
step 3:if i remove the ecu and re install the fuel pump will prime and the cel stays on no start just like step 1
i have measured the voltage coming out of IC7 pin 32 to Q10 pin 1,2,and 3 and they measure 5 volts with step 1 and 3
with step 2 measuring the voltage out of IC7 pin 32 to Q10 pin 1 has 5 volts ,pin 2 has 0 volts ,and pin 3 has 5 volts

If q10 is ok... Change qm3 and retest.

Oct 24, 2013
My fuel pump doesnt prime at all even if i unplug and plug in the ECU.
Have you change the IC17 any results. i have to order the parts online.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car got smashed in Cheras, 2.30am , took my Sony CD player and remote control. Did not touch the coin box nor the Touch n Go card ....... geez, gonna scout for new cd player now, damn them !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/digitax/DSC00840.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/digitax/DSC00839.jpg...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience