need advice on choice between 4G93T or 4G63T

jackcwj11

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
My vote is for GSR :biggrin: Don't ask me why but I have been driving around for > 6years now. Not much an issue though. It depends on what you want. My personal opinion is if you wanna get an Evo, you might as well get an used Evo...
honestly bro after much surveys n stuff.. i opt for the gsr more.. i find it quite true.. if u want an evo engine must as well get it with all the cool 4WD gadgets.. no offence to all the 63s out there.. peace :driver:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
honestly bro after much surveys n stuff.. i opt for the gsr more.. i find it quite true.. if u want an evo engine must as well get it with all the cool 4WD gadgets.. no offence to all the 63s out there.. peace :driver:
if u r happy with the stock gsr's power then ok lo, who knows later u crave for more and start modding then u will regret for not getting the 63t in the 1st place, like in my case..To each his own, everybody got their preference..

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Be safe on the road. Power isn't everything though & in my opinion, car handling is another factor that you need to consider. I feel scared when my speed exceeds 200km/h on the highway... even if you go for 4G63T, how fast could you drive & sustain the speed on the highway? ... I value my life more than anything la...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
depends bro...not everyone play topspeed.

but like bro ehdrian said. as long as the owner can feel content with the power...its all good...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
It's all depends on the owner own preference.. both also can hit 200km/h on highway.. but it's the matter of how long will you hit from 0-200km/h... drive carefully is the best..haha.. there is always never ending in modification.. when you achieve that speed, suddenly got overtaken by another car.. again will not satisfy.. so if you are contented of the engine power, better opt for what you think bro jackcw11...

truemax

Known Member
Jul 3, 2006
Agree.. what ever you do, safety first. Do not take risk. If really want to 'belasah' sepang circuit is the best place.

Don't forget the tyres, brakes, suspension etc etc.

And.. DO NOT over boost!

Thank you.

Regards,
truemax

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
saftey applies to all cars. whether proton or evo doesnt matter.

priority is handling braking chasis tires etc.

with great power comes great responsibilty.

jackcwj11

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
It's all depends on the owner own preference.. both also can hit 200km/h on highway.. but it's the matter of how long will you hit from 0-200km/h... drive carefully is the best..haha.. there is always never ending in modification.. when you achieve that speed, suddenly got overtaken by another car.. again will not satisfy.. so if you are contented of the engine power, better opt for what you think bro jackcw11...
thx for your advice..:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Agree.. what ever you do, safety first. Do not take risk. If really want to 'belasah' sepang circuit is the best place.

Don't forget the tyres, brakes, suspension etc etc.

And.. DO NOT over boost!

Thank you.

Regards,
truemax
yes totally agree with you

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

saftey applies to all cars. whether proton or evo doesnt matter.

priority is handling braking chasis tires etc.

with great power comes great responsibilty.
hahaha! with great power comes great responsibility.. nice one.. :driver:

Justamyvi

Jul 19, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Finally found the thread..sifus..i totaled my car recently and time has allowed me to choose between a satria 63t or a 93 t..i need to find a decent one with a 15k budget or a less decent one with a lower budget and spenk a few k changing the wear and tear parts..need advice thoughts and what not..15 seems too low to get one? This will b my first turbocharged car if i get it..so i need an expert a 'teman' to view some potential buy.thanks in advance

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
15k is quite little to get a good condition chassis with a healthy 63t/93t.

Justamyvi

Jul 19, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thats what i thought too bro..but recently i can find like more than 5 units mostly 93t in mudah alone..im not sure abt how good the engines,the turbine and what not are like..15k is the budget for the car itself..5k for making it feel how it should..or shud i get a std 1.6 and do the transplant myself? I would choose that option any day..but i dont know any mechs. And nowadays they would rather fke it up for you..so i'd rather not..unless some sifu willing to hlp me out.=]

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
4G63T has more performance parts than 4G93T since the 4G63T is used by iconic performance cars like Galant VR-4 and Lancer Evolution. However, most of the old 4G63T are quite old already some might be over or nearing 20 years old compared to the newer 4G93T so you expect spare parts for 4G63T can me more scarce. For 4G63T, there are many different ones taken from different cars like VR4, Evo 1,2,3 or RVR. Which one are you eyeing? VR4's 4G63T block is very reliable from what I've heard from many.

At the end, if you ask me, I think it is probably better for you to get a 4G93T as the engine is newer and easier to maintain than 4G63T. As this is a Proton car, a lot of people have said that it's chassis can't withstand too much power or you'll risk cracking the chassis which is dangerous. So I think 4G93T should be enough with around 200hp at stock form. I don't think the car can handle it if you get a 4G63T and modify it too much. Unless you are planning to remain the 4G63T in stock form, then I think you should got for the 4G93T.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i suggest 4g63t, but its quite hard to find one under your budget & std form, as many are using rojak wiring or 4g67 (1.8) block with 4g63t head or mated with vr4 block or head.
if no hurry take your time in searching for one.

Justamyvi

Jul 19, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
First of all thanks for your views and opinions..personally a stock and the simplest form of a 93t would be more than sufficient for me.The only reason i included a 63t was because after tons of reading,I've gathered that a 63t's internal would be less prone to damage and can tahan..besides,i'm just looking for the pull in 2nd & 3rd the occasional vMax.the question is if i get that 93t,how reliable will it be? Would i regret not getting the 63t? If i can get a reasonably cheap 93t with a perfect chasis..i wud dump the rest of the $ changing everything that isnt that good anymore under the hood..

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

And apparently alot of 'mating' is done with many 93 and 63's saw one 93block wit mivec head..curious tho but dont wanna complicate my life more than it already is..lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Following are some information on how to chip a evo 1 2 3 ecu.

You need to get the ecu out of the car and open up the casing.
Inside you will see this PCB... it already has a standard chip in it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience