Getting a 2nd hand Mazda RX-7 1996

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Haven't bought anything yet thankfully. Just checking out options & experienced reviews on the car. Aiming for a 2 seater RWD car. RWD would be the priority though. Really having a tough time looking for one. Sorry if i'm giving of bad vibes mate.
if u are new in the car modding scene, a satria neo would be a good platform to play or mod with. a RX7 is an old car, unless u have a huge wallet then go for it. doesnt mean u have rm70-80k just buy & drive it, no. the problem comes when maintaining it.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Any suggestions on a 2 seater RWD though? Really desperate to play with RWD. Though not in a BMW, Mercedez or Audi... Never been a fan of those nor do I have the $$$ :rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

if u are new in the car modding scene, a satria neo would be a good platform to play or mod with. a RX7 is an old car, unless u have a huge wallet then go for it. doesnt mean u have rm70-80k just buy & drive it, no. the problem comes when maintaining it.
Yea was thinking of the maintenance that's why I wasn't too happy about that car. The Satria Neo is still top of the list but unfortunately it isn't RWD. I've got till December to decide on a car and i'm hoping to find a 2 seater RWD, that's roughly up to date for modding if possible. Though i'm slowly starting to accept that the Satria Neo may be my only choice.

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Any suggestions on a 2 seater RWD though? Really desperate to play with RWD. Though not in a BMW, Mercedez or Audi... Never been a fan of those nor do I have the $$$ :rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Yea was thinking of the maintenance that's why I wasn't too happy about that car. The Satria Neo is still top of the list but unfortunately it isn't RWD. I've got till December to decide on a car and i'm hoping to find a 2 seater RWD, that's roughly up to date for modding if possible. Though i'm slowly starting to accept that the Satria Neo may be my only choice.
Toyota AE86 or Subaru BRZ may be...:smokin:

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Both of those two are completely out of my budget. Though aren't they basically the same car with different badges :rofl: I miss the days when there were plenty of affordable RWD cars in the market.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Both of those two are completely out of my budget. Though aren't they basically the same car with different badges :rofl: I miss the days when there were plenty of affordable RWD cars in the market.
Then asking on RX-7 budget around 80K - 90K?

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Talk about accuracy, yea around that amount. MR2 sounds good, though I think i'm gonna settle for the Satria Neo. Parts are cheap and readily available. Not to mention maintenance will be so much cheaper :biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Talk about accuracy, yea around that amount. MR2 sounds good, though I think i'm gonna settle for the Satria Neo. Parts are cheap and readily available. Not to mention maintenance will be so much cheaper :biggrin:
by the way... ur budget... taking loan right?

if taking loan... the RX-7 is definitely out of ur price range... cars above 10yo cannot take loan anymore.

give EXACT numbers of how much CASH IN HAND u have... then ull get better responses.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i vote for u, toyota stralet KP70/KP71. good platform of FR, plus hatchback body and cheap.. if u insist 2 seater, just dump the rear seat. even makes u car faster...

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
by the way... ur budget... taking loan right?

if taking loan... the RX-7 is definitely out of ur price range... cars above 10yo cannot take loan anymore.

give EXACT numbers of how much CASH IN HAND u have... then ull get better responses.
My bad. RM80,000?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
rm80k CASH IN HAND?

MR-S and MX-5 definitely in ur budget :D

with lotsa balance for mods... heres an example of a nice MRS

Toyota MRS (M) - Cars for sale Sarawak - Mudah.my

mebbe can bargain abit to bring the price down by removing parts etc heh heh heh

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Walaowei , RWD some more cheap... Top... Definitely Silvia lah.
No need to think. S14 S15 nice.
Fast And cheap. Banjir with spare part compared to your rx7.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car have bad/worn valve seal problem..(Q1)how much does cost to change the valve seal(cost of oem valve seal+upah pasang) ..i have another head with bad/worn valve but other than that its fine..(Q2)so can use back the valve seal from my previous head to my current head? (Q3)can we do dyno tune if we have bad valve seal coz my car need dyno tuning?

engine is evo 1 , head is evo 3..thanks in advance..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience