Upgrade using R3 parts or street parts (UR,Brembo,etc...)

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
4 pot brake caliper is normally alluminium n its way lighter than stock brake.. only the disc is weight like a tonne.. ABS wont affected since we dont even touches the ABS sensor.. but it need some addequate time and work to install. installation may take within 1 week. then another 2 weeks to monitor overall functioning.. cause u dont want when your 180kmh and brake's gone.. ur dead meat bro..

maybe if u plan for mild to medium mod, just go with performance pad or evo3 brake since its a PnP job.. less cash involved..

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i will go for any budget/halfcut twinpot brake that requires less mod into my neo.
if u got the money, can go pnp kit like WORKS Engineering or some other pnp kit brands.. i dont remember..
and dont forget to upgrade the master pump n servo.. u dont want to step on hard brake pedal..

my previous GTti (thats Charade Aura Turbo) modded with AE111 brake set (front twinpot, rear singlepot) + bigger master pump n servo.

4gbanger, izzit confirm that evo twinpot pnp to neo?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i will go for any budget/halfcut twinpot brake that requires less mod into my neo.
if u got the money, can go pnp kit like WORKS Engineering or some other pnp kit brands.. i dont remember..
and dont forget to upgrade the master pump n servo.. u dont want to step on hard brake pedal..

my previous GTti (thats Charade Aura Turbo) modded with AE111 brake set (front twinpot, rear singlepot) + bigger master pump n servo.

well, i cannot be 100% sure but i did saw several neo's with evo3 brakes. even the wazi's track car is using evo5 brembo. i guess the worst is minor mod...

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Wait wait hang on. 2 weeks!? Aww man..

What's PnP?
the 2 weeks is u driving that car with frequent checking by mechanic la bro.. that is monitoring..

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
well, i cannot be 100% sure but i did saw several neo's with evo3 brakes. even the wazi's track car is using evo5 brembo. i guess the worst is minor mod...

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

the 2 weeks is u driving that car with frequent checking by mechanic la bro.. that is monitoring..
i see.. if its pnp.. then can straight upgrade.. hehe:biggrin:

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Why not twin pot for both front & back breaks? How much will changing the master pump and servo cost I wonder?

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Why not twin pot for both front & back breaks? How much will changing the master pump and servo cost I wonder?
brake distribution. front will brake the most.
u dont want the rear bite 1st.. else ur car will be uncontrollable.. loose tail end..
1 set from same car/model will get perfect match brake distribution.

*this is done on my previous ride.
get at halfcut shop only.. brake servo+pump set around RM80-150.
but must make sure size/dimension can fit in ur engine bay.
workmanship install servo pump set, Rm30. depends on your pomen/workshop.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
yup maxx is rite.. currently my car's brake distribution is front 40% rear 60% which not good at all. it is mainly because of rear got steel braided hose while front is only stock rubber hose. i'll need to fix it soon.

installing front brake caliper to rear disc is near impossible. better get a two pot brembo if ur car is really2 fast. get a car quick and we can discuss what brake to mod.. heheheh

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Walao weh the price! Its probably cheap but right now i'm so broke that its not funny, hahaha.
Hey guys so which is more efficient twin pot break system or the 4 pot one?
Its a Satria Neo so I don't imagine it to be too fast, though i'll probably try to push the car to its limits.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

here found on mudah.
if u want 4 pot pnp set.
Proton Satria Neo AP Racing Pro 5000 Brake Kit - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my
That's awesome!

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
if your neo is a 200 to 300hp and full track setup, yes it worth 8k spend on this brake. your probably driving for a racing team with tonnes of sponsor.

of coz 4 pot is more efficient since the braking abbility increase. but u must fully thought of ur car's setup. if the stock brake still works very well, then why the heck u need to change..

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
Hello Clutch_shift_accelerate, so far what have you done for your new ride ?

What are the reason for you to want to seek for the mentioned upgrades ?
To be very honest, the R3 Neo RS version is really good on its own.
But if we (2013 r3 owner) were to spend money on the original R3 parts for upgrades I think it is not worth it as you can see their pricing is on the high side. With almost the same amount of money or less, I believe you can find a lot reasonable items.

Since you're new to modding cars, maybe you should get to know more taikor here and get more information before you do anything to your sweet ride =)

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Hello Clutch_shift_accelerate, so far what have you done for your new ride ?

What are the reason for you to want to seek for the mentioned upgrades ?
To be very honest, the R3 Neo RS version is really good on its own.
But if we (2013 r3 owner) were to spend money on the original R3 parts for upgrades I think it is not worth it as you can see their pricing is on the high side. With almost the same amount of money or less, I believe you can find a lot reasonable items.

Since you're new to modding cars, maybe you should get to know more taikor here and get more information before you do anything to your sweet ride =)
he already changed his mind.. he's looking for RWD car..