2013 Satria Neo R3 convert to rear wheel drive

Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi once again people.

Anyone here have any ideas of where I could convert a 2013 Satria Neo R3 to rear wheel drive? Cost? Duration of the installation?

Any relevant information is welcome.

Thank you very much in advance! :smile:

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Ouch, didn't realise it would cost so much... Figured it would be quite common to convert it from FF to FR, especially here in Malaysia since most cars are FF. Not to mention I don't believe the youth would buy new BMW, Audi or any other rear wheel drive. Its just way too expensive to buy, let alone to mod and maintain.

Nonetheless it would be nice to know where its possible and how long the transformation will take.

Last edited:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
if i were u, i would save up money n go buy good FR platform such as corolla or bluebird or maybe datsun.. old bimmer also has good chasis. even if u can really mod ur FF car to be FR, maybe 4wd convert or extreme mod dumping a FR engine+GBox into ur car it wont feel the same as u tune a FR car.. and the reliability n durability is also different.. last time i check, a drift Evo3 4wd convert to FR has already broken 2 gearbox and 3 rear axle within 2 years...

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm, makes me rethink getting a 2013 Satria Neo R3 everytime I throw out the FF & FR questions...

So tempted to get a second hand Mazda RX-7 and spend my money maintaining it. Though I heard the rotary engine kinda wears out and it drinks petrol despite being a 1.3liter.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

*meh* I don't wanna give up on the 2013 Satria Neo R3. Anybody with suggestions on where this can be done?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
yup.. rotary engine is a fuel guzzler.. but it produces monstrous output. if calculates back 1.3L rotary is the same as 1.8L piston engine, n FD3s is a same as 1.8L twin turbo piston engine. cool huh..

maybe u should reconsider what type of car u want.. what type of application u want to do with your car... then u can do more research n survey.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Mostly its just time attack for me. Not a dragster or even a drifter, though that's a skill I gotta learn.

Though it would be nice to have a RWD or a 4WD. 4WD cars are out of my budget as i'd like to get a 1st hand car. 2nd hand cars have, well... maintainence issues is a nice way to put it.

Its ridiculous how high the taxes are here... stupid Proton hype... Only thing I can afford to pay of a loan would be around the 2013 Satria Neo R3 with some mods to it. Was thinking of the Honda CR-Z, but to mod it will be a pain because of the battery system.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I'm just gonna stick with the 2013 Satria Neo R3 for now anyways. Easier to maintain compared to others, plus i've still got so much to learn in both driving and modding. It'll be fun. :smile:

Last edited:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
there's alot of fast neo on time attack bro.. and alot of crazy competition too..

well if we talk about budget this much, you have a good choice.. u'll have tonnes of modification parts available for your car and at a affordable price.. just makesure u do it right. makesure u know what, why and how to do in order to modified ur neo to make it fast n handles good. keep up with this forum and always talk to old timers and mechanics out there for more knowledge.. gud luck broo

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
plus i've still got so much to learn in both driving and modding. It'll be fun. :smile:
then learn with the car in its current form... once uve mastered or feel its not enough... then start modifying.

as for FF to FR... not sure about Neos... but its most likely illegal... for wira satria etc, converting to FF or 4WD is illegal as the chassis needs to be cut to make way for the drive shaft. i would assume the neo and other current generations of protons would be the same as well.

and its not a straight forward mod... ull probably need to buy a 4WD gearbox and lock the front 2 wheels...then buy the drive shaft... then buy the rear axel and get that fitted bla bla bla... more complicated than u think.

and based on ur threads... doesnt seem like u have a big budget for mods... so keep ur mods simple.. changing the entire dynamics of the car does not fall into "simple".... suspension, wheels, tires, intake and exhaust... those are simple.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
listen to these guys.. they are all old timer and even race on track that doesnt exist anymore.. :biggrin:

enjoy n learn the most from your neo platform. once u done to the max n bored, u can sell ur tuned neo for other good platform.. FR or 4WD

maybe?

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
then learn with the car in its current form... once uve mastered or feel its not enough... then start modifying.

as for FF to FR... not sure about Neos... but its most likely illegal... for wira satria etc, converting to FF or 4WD is illegal as the chassis needs to be cut to make way for the drive shaft. i would assume the neo and other current generations of protons would be the same as well.

and its not a straight forward mod... ull probably need to buy a 4WD gearbox and lock the front 2 wheels...then buy the drive shaft... then buy the rear axel and get that fitted bla bla bla... more complicated than u think.

and based on ur threads... doesnt seem like u have a big budget for mods... so keep ur mods simple.. changing the entire dynamics of the car does not fall into "simple".... suspension, wheels, tires, intake and exhaust... those are simple.
Yea budget isn't too big. Gonna take my time and enjoy it first before modding anything.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

listen to these guys.. they are all old timer and even race on track that doesnt exist anymore..

enjoy n learn the most from your neo platform. once u done to the max n bored, u can sell ur tuned neo for other good platform.. FR or 4WD

maybe?
That's why i'm hear, to get as much advice as I can.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
u can ask moderator bushidofang
he has a fast satria neo....:biggrin:
You have summoned me?

Sorry, but my Neo is a very slow one. :slug:

My advise, forget about all these FF/FR conversion, just drive your car, learn as you drive. TRACK it. Learn how it behaves, how it understeers. You will learn something new every time. Not only skills are needed for driving FR, driving FF cars need skills too. So just don't waste money, maintain your car, give it the best engine oil and care you can afford, track it as much as you want and learn in the process. It's not always the car, it's the driver.

Last edited:

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Might as well get a RWD car instead.

Also, if you are just going to convert for daily driving its ok. But if tracking, its not possible. Converting to RWD will upset the entire balance and handling of the car (its not designed as RWD in the first place).

Its like redesigning a totally new car. I don't know who can do it and how much it will cost.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some action shots from todays qualifying session of the Malaysian round of the 2010 Japan Super GT race series. Being the only round to take place out of Japan, the race also has to deal with the relentless heat that the Sepang International Circuit is known for, and today was no different...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience