Upgrade using R3 parts or street parts (UR,Brembo,etc...)

Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hello car mod sifus!

Was wondering on whether to upgrade a 2013 Satria Neo R3 to make it on par with R3 Satria NEO RS using the R3 performance parts such as:

1) R3 SATRIA NEO LOWERING SPRING SET RM 675.70

2) R3 SATRIA NEO ENDLESS SEMI RACE BRAKE PADS (FRONT) RM 815.10

3) R3 K&N AIR FILTER (CAMPRO/CPS) RM 422.80

4) R3 CAMPRO/CPS ALU EXTENDED WATER PUMP PULLEY RM 351.50

5) R3 SATRIA NEO 4-2-1 EXHAUST HEADER (STAINLESS STEEL) RM 950.00

6) R3 SATRIA NEO CAT BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM RM1,520.00

7) R3 SRM24 MANAGEMENT COMPUTER -EMS700AD (NON-CALIBRATABLE) RM1,475.00

or to go mod it in the SUNWAY AREA and perhaps get an even better performance. Most likely WORKS ENGINEERING, unless somebody can recommend a better place?

Any thought on which has better quality+workmanship? Which has a better value of money spent?

Also, what about increasing wheel width size? Or is the wheel width on the stock 2013 Satria Neo R3 adequate?

Thanks in advance~

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
my personal opinion

- forget it... save up and get adjustables direct.

- go to samurai racing in sunway and ask them if they have the Endless 500c pads for Satria Neo.. Endless 500c is RM550 last time i asked.. and i think for the price of the R3 pads alone is probably enough to upgrade to EVO3 Twin Pot brakes.

- i think can get cheaper outside just for the filter alone.. i personally am a fan of open pod.. but which route to go is up to u.

- eeerrrrr.... wat for? wat are the benefits?

- go for it.

- custom exhaust outside... id recommend UnderSix Exhaust in sunway... can also ask them about extractors.

- non programmable? forget it then....id rather go for Unichip or watever other piggyback that supports Neo with ignition timing tuning.....but if possible save up for Haltech (RM5.5k)...no point going for an ECU that is tuned for an unknown engine setup... better get something that can be customized to YOUR engine.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i somehow felt that R3 parts are abit expensive.. but sometime they made very rare performance parts that can never get at sunway..

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
my personal opinion

- forget it... save up and get adjustables direct.

- go to samurai racing in sunway and ask them if they have the Endless 500c pads for Satria Neo.. Endless 500c is RM550 last time i asked.. and i think for the price of the R3 pads alone is probably enough to upgrade to EVO3 Twin Pot brakes.

- i think can get cheaper outside just for the filter alone.. i personally am a fan of open pod.. but which route to go is up to u.

- eeerrrrr.... wat for? wat are the benefits?

- go for it.

- custom exhaust outside... id recommend UnderSix Exhaust in sunway... can also ask them about extractors.

- non programmable? forget it then....id rather go for Unichip or watever other piggyback that supports Neo with ignition timing tuning.....but if possible save up for Haltech (RM5.5k)...no point going for an ECU that is tuned for an unknown engine setup... better get something that can be customized to YOUR engine.
Sorry but i'm really new at modding a car so...

Did you mean adjustable spring set?

Are the EVO3 Twin Pot brakes mountable for the 2013 Satria Neo R3?

I'm not sure what open pod is... how many kinds are there? Pro & cons?

To be honest, I never understood how "R3 CAMPRO/CPS ALU EXTENDED WATER PUMP PULLEY" would make my car better.

Okay for the 4-2-1 exhaust system but what about a 4-1 system?

Extractors for a custom exhaust system?

Haltech sounds great, but where to purchase and install? Sunway as well?

Last edited:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
what he means :
1. get an aftermarket adjustable suspension instead.
2. im sure evo 3 or evo 4 is a pnp to satria neo.
3. there are drop-in performance filter and open pod performance filter (that throw away ur stock air box). if ur planning for mild mod, just go for drop-in. got alot of brand like k&n, hks, apexi, trust, works, simota etc...
4. this aluminium water pump pulley maybe just increasing the waterflow abit or maybe just for the looks.
5. what i understand, 4-2-1 is more for low end power and 4-1 is for high end power within your RPM.
6. haltech is a standalone ecu that eliminate ur stock ecu instead. suitable for full race or high performance street car. just standby cash bro..

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
what he means :
1. get an aftermarket adjustable suspension instead.
2. im sure evo 3 or evo 4 is a pnp to satria neo.
3. there are drop-in performance filter and open pod performance filter (that throw away ur stock air box). if ur planning for mild mod, just go for drop-in. got alot of brand like k&n, hks, apexi, trust, works, simota etc...
4. this aluminium water pump pulley maybe just increasing the waterflow abit or maybe just for the looks.
5. what i understand, 4-2-1 is more for low end power and 4-1 is for high end power within your RPM.
6. haltech is a standalone ecu that eliminate ur stock ecu instead. suitable for full race or high performance street car. just standby cash bro..
Yea kinda got what he was saying after poking around online for a bit.

Wonder whether I can get my hands on a 4-1 exhaust system in Sunway Area?

Also what are twin pot brakes? Never heard of them before...

The ECU will probably be the last thing i'll put into the car, that's really gonna cost $$$

Apparently the water pump pulley helps ensures belt retention during extreme changes in engine RPM.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i think 4 pot is more efficient.. i've install a 4 pot brake recently, and somehow i felt the car is a bit less friction on brake than stock. so i felt like the car is lighter to accelerate. I did some thinking n conclude that MAYBE 4 pot has more clearance than twin pot due to twin pot system only have piston only on one side..

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
yes u can!!! this is malaysia man... malaysia boleh..

if i can fit a Aristo/Supra 4 pot to my car. i'm sure u can fit a smaller 4 pot brake kit.. such as silvia's 4 pot or R32's 4 pot. even mazda rx7's 4 pot can be fitted under 15" rim.. i even seen a kancil is fitted with R32 4 pot under 15" rim.. its just a matter of engineering...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,
Totally a noob here so kindda need your advise here.
I have seen a package on the R3 site abt a performance upgrade for the satria neo cps.
PROTON Holdings Berhad - R3 Accessories
The package includes a "Performance cam shaft" and i was wondering if the cam shaft is switchable cuz if i understand the CPS function, there will be a pin that enables the high lift cams. but if i change the cam shaft to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience