The rumours are true

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Years ago we had FIA sanction Rally of Malaysia, now Super GT also gone....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

That someone we know must be practicing his Thai Songs now...waiting to fly there...
The Thai grab the major cars industries already, their Motor show is so many times bigger and better then KLIMS, now Super GT....:confused:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Years ago we had FIA sanction Rally of Malaysia, now Super GT also gone....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

The Thai grab the major cars industries already, their Motor show is so many times bigger and better then KLIMS, now Super GT....:confused:
Ya true, I got to admit their motorshow are really big and interesting. Even though the girls are actually hard to know if they are girls but then their event is still a big success.

But havent been to the Penang auto city for those events before yet. Always fall on the wrong timing for me :bawling:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Our country must do something to get back Super GT. :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think is more about how the Sepang people are going to get the Super GT back to Malaysia.
It was a hard time for JPM to get the contract last 2 years from what I was told by a friend.

Then it really all depends on Sepang Circuit on bringing them back. From what I heard
seems true that they do not want to host the Super GT anymore.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think is more about how the Sepang people are going to get the Super GT back to Malaysia.
It was a hard time for JPM to get the contract last 2 years from what I was told by a friend.

Then it really all depends on Sepang Circuit on bringing them back. From what I heard
seems true that they do not want to host the Super GT anymore.
Could be business issue then.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya complicated. Driftking knows better story of it. Or the so call crazy Super GT Girls
fella who was quite active previously :biggrin:

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
cos is it low turn up & less ticket sale? also now Thailand & Korea already have new track to play.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
cos is it low turn up & less ticket sale? also now Thailand & Korea already have new track to play.
Have you been to the previous 2 Super GT?

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Many said this, i can say ultimate turnout was in 2002... that one was the super blast turnout, maybe bcoz of Live coverage n Siti Nurhaliza singing the anthem in 2001. Also my frens who wen talked n brag to everyone it was like the most awesome event !!

2003 SARS

2004 flopped a bit bcoz of funny menteri pelancongan (yes, he is funny in person) made it on a Friday, Saturday instead of the regular saturday sunday. Here were u can be in between of going or not also complains from fans why K1 can enter main area? *some confusion even myself..

2005, 2006 many as well can say maybe less or more than 2004. 2005 has less marketing and last minute changes. Also changes on K1 !! bcoz K1 can enter pits n it is cheaper than Main Grandstand... but u cannot enter main granstand

2007 was a bit less due to a rumour saying it was last SuperGT also less marketing and gangster security claims he is selling the ticket. (those guys are never seen again, posted in zth)

2008 same story as 2007 but a bit better...

2009 got la marketing but worst event ever made, here mmg can make u fedup n no more supergt !! Even a fan like myself hated this one so much. Here our Razlan cannot manage it well..

2010 saddest event, on Saturday 10% or less show up. A ZTH fren said maybe bcoz of the lorry chicken accident at the highway was the reason but to me... u know already Razlan said SuperGT not profitable n want to cancel including MotoGP (which many moto fans started blasting him until some of them got blacklisted) 2010 is also knowledge transfer to JPM. Kids are many bcoz Upin n Ipin was there... the thing is WHY should i pay to see them when i can see this Upin n Ipin for free at shopping centre or Muzium Negara (that year itself). Also this was the event where ur senior SIC officials are doing the marshall job !!! Here I manage to find out that some officials are selling tickets in the black market which made Sepang RUGI TERUK !!

2011, JPM's 1st event. So far everything went smooth at least smoother than Razlan's !! for a 1st timer they did quiet well !

2012 JPM's 2nd.. after feedback they fix it and improved.

2013 last event, turnout on Saturday was MORE IMO !!! I was shocked, hardly no news on TV but turnout on saturday was WOW !!

It was a great one..

minor issue, GTA fought dgn this outsource security

actually more than business...

i can tell u some (i know darker ones too)

Political between JAF, AAM n bigboss DTM !! maybe DTM dont like AAM n that's why not in 2014.. (DTM or German JPJ also involved in this)

Also it was Toyota and Honda pushing JAF n GTA to this DTM deal. (From what i know Japan do not want to do it due to this political reasons)

Next is Razlan n JPM..

any many more rumours

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Ya true, I got to admit their motorshow are really big and interesting. Even though the girls are actually hard to know if they are girls but then their event is still a big success.

But havent been to the Penang auto city for those events before yet. Always fall on the wrong timing for me :bawling:

Many said this, i can say ultimate turnout was in 2002... that one was the super blast turnout, maybe bcoz of Live coverage n Siti Nurhaliza singing the anthem in 2001. Also my frens who wen talked n brag to everyone it was like the most awesome event !!

2003 SARS

2004 flopped a bit bcoz of funny menteri pelancongan (yes, he is funny in person) made it on a Friday, Saturday instead of the regular saturday sunday. Here were u can be in between of going or not also complains from fans why K1 can enter main area? *some confusion even myself..

2005, 2006 many as well can say maybe less or more than 2004. 2005 has less marketing and last minute changes. Also changes on K1 !! bcoz K1 can enter pits n it is cheaper than Main Grandstand... but u cannot enter main granstand

2007 was a bit less due to a rumour saying it was last SuperGT also less marketing and gangster security claims he is selling the ticket. (those guys are never seen again, posted in zth)

2008 same story as 2007 but a bit better...

2009 got la marketing but worst event ever made, here mmg can make u fedup n no more supergt !! Even a fan like myself hated this one so much. Here our Razlan cannot manage it well..

2010 saddest event, on Saturday 10% or less show up. A ZTH fren said maybe bcoz of the lorry chicken accident at the highway was the reason but to me... u know already Razlan said SuperGT not profitable n want to cancel including MotoGP (which many moto fans started blasting him until some of them got blacklisted) 2010 is also knowledge transfer to JPM. Kids are many bcoz Upin n Ipin was there... the thing is WHY should i pay to see them when i can see this Upin n Ipin for free at shopping centre or Muzium Negara (that year itself). Also this was the event where ur senior SIC officials are doing the marshall job !!! Here I manage to find out that some officials are selling tickets in the black market which made Sepang RUGI TERUK !!

2011, JPM's 1st event. So far everything went smooth at least smoother than Razlan's !! for a 1st timer they did quiet well !

2012 JPM's 2nd.. after feedback they fix it and improved.

2013 last event, turnout on Saturday was MORE IMO !!! I was shocked, hardly no news on TV but turnout on saturday was WOW !!

It was a great one..

minor issue, GTA fought dgn this outsource security

actually more than business...

i can tell u some (i know darker ones too)

Political between JAF, AAM n bigboss DTM !! maybe DTM dont like AAM n that's why not in 2014.. (DTM or German JPJ also involved in this)

Also it was Toyota and Honda pushing JAF n GTA to this DTM deal. (From what i know Japan do not want to do it due to this political reasons)

Next is Razlan n JPM..

any many more rumours
actually because too many hassle in here....tax this tax that...not spectator friendly (especially drinks/food stall in the compound) even matsaleh complain about those price and quality....lack of proper publicity (how often did u see race event ads in tv commercial break/newspaper...

back then in 90s during the FIA rally events in malaysia, the official newspaper was "the star" / "the sun" (*i forgot) provide complete coverage including stages guide, stage timing and spectator map..actually they got a complete pull-out segment for rally coverage that weekend alone....

i do agree that 2010/2011 is a really bad year for SIC's event......seems like razlan only love to cater those whose pocket were full of cash and quickly left the privateer/grassroot racer to the ground (not slowly but suddenly) hence loosing quite a lot of support from fans.... (u can see the trend judging from the price of trackday events back then and now) :stupid:

can see that he is chasing the limelight for bright-future racers in international level....but the way he left the grassroot will results in became like badminton where there is no equivalent replacement for the old guy.....

not to mention too many hassle from the motorsports association itself (be it aam or mam)

i prefer the previous SIC ceo..very friendly, sporting and very supportive to locals racer too

Last edited:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Since this thread has dead. I just want to live the spirit again.

Should I open SuperGT 2K15?

btw, this is one picture of SuperGT Thailand n wow looks amazing

*FYI, pics most of them i cannot see bcoz my office banned those sites.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any1 has face this problem b4?? i hav send ti tyre shop to check my tyre twice & couldn't find where it leak??? after few days i pump my tyre... it flat again??? kind of fed-up already??
any1 can help???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience