Very sad of owning an Almera=\

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Yup, sound proofing a lot of people think will become very quiet or more like dead quiet but actually only reduce the sound/noise level only to a more comfortable level.
Was at KL auto for TT, one member was doing sound proofing. Did the front the noise went to the rear, did the rear then hear something else. When too much done feel the pressure in the ear, so had to remove some to equalize it....Need to leave it to the experts for this.....:driver:
yes this is more comment practice but some time i coming back from Genting fun drive i will use ear plug for noise and change of altitude level pressure.

cheap and good

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
TRD parts are available here depends on which model has most parts of it.

TRD Vios comes OEM with TRD springs. That's the only performance mod it has. Other than
that are cosmetics. TRD seats doesnt make the car go faster though. I rather have an Alcantara Material Seats instead.
Dream on pal....optional kit only....not OEM fitted one.....look at the pic...:smokin:
http://s4.paultan.org/image/vios-price-list.jpg

The new Vios TRD also no mentioned suspension kit...
Toyota Malaysia - Vios
http://www.toyota.com.my/assets/pdf/vios/all_new_vios_pm_ipte.pdf

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
anyway, think more and more almera on the road. with such a nice price tag for a jap...many will not resist this opportunity. so no worries, in half a year, im sure lots of mods available.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Dream on pal....optional kit only....not OEM fitted one.....look at the pic...:smokin:
http://s4.paultan.org/image/vios-price-list.jpg

The new Vios TRD also no mentioned suspension kit...
Toyota Malaysia - Vios
http://www.toyota.com.my/assets/pdf/vios/all_new_vios_pm_ipte.pdf
Now this clears up my confusion. At first I was thinking the TRD Vios is exactly the same with normal Vios in terms of performance but since SF mentioned about TRD suspension was available, I got confused. :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hard, had change exhaust catalyst converter once it is change, CO2 emission raise if get block required send to puspakom check sure will raise my road tax, I dun think performance mod for N/A car will cost more than ICE, I was just planned to upgrade certain part, since most of the mod not suitable for almera.
if you throw the cat while exhaust remain not too loud.....

puspakom/jpj doesnt bother u...and not in malaysia it doesnt affect your road tax..u think here is uk/us meh??

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
if you throw the cat while exhaust remain not too loud.....

puspakom/jpj doesnt bother u...and not in malaysia it doesnt affect your road tax..u think here is uk/us meh??
Our road tax is based on cc only isn't it? Not on emission level yet unlike european countries. That's why no one bothers bout Co2 emissions over here. :biggrin: If not, a lot of old buses and taxis will suffer for sure. Black smoke.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Our road tax is based on cc only isn't it? Not on emission level yet unlike european countries. That's why no one bothers bout Co2 emissions over here. :biggrin: If not, a lot of old buses and taxis will suffer for sure. Black smoke.
That's why polluting the air and weather also getting hotter :frown:

My brother owns one Vios TRD. LOL
[/url]
No comment on your brother :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That's why polluting the air and weather also getting hotter :frown:

No comment on your brother :rofl:
But if they implement those emission laws, then for sure many old engines like 4G63T will not pass the test.

As for my brother, I don't know why he spend 90k on this dugong TRD. BTW, he lives in KL which is far away from me and I'm not really that close with him so I can't comment on his choice of car. :biggrin:

KancilanSazer

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
i've been driving my sister in law almera..damn mengantuk la drive that car..for me almera is a car that is comfort and easy to drive..
and save fuel..unlike my wife 1.5 myvi..damn makan minyak..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i've been driving my sister in law almera..damn mengantuk la drive that car..for me almera is a car that is comfort and easy to drive..
and save fuel..unlike my wife 1.5 myvi..damn makan minyak..
Ya is more of a daily car to take u around. Nothing else.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But if they implement those emission laws, then for sure many old engines like 4G63T will not pass the test.

As for my brother, I don't know why he spend 90k on this dugong TRD. BTW, he lives in KL which is far away from me and I'm not really that close with him so I can't comment on his choice of car. :biggrin:
If implement then a big portion of Mod $$$ goes to the catcon, Racing Catcon that is, which will be very expensive...:banghead: