Custom made plastic spacer to increase ride height.

Vigilant

Jul 28, 2004
I just got myself a trd sportivo and it rides great. The problem is it made the car too low and now even sitting alone, going across speed bumps will hit the ultraracing bars below the car.
So i thought of rasing the ride height a little while maintaining the spring. The only way i can do that is by adjusting the preload somewhat like a coilover.

Do you guys know anyone who can custom make plastic spacer/shim to adjust the preload and fit the springs?

Do look at the attached picture to try to understand what i'm trying to say.

absorber.jpg http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=497780

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not sure about this but why dont use a spring buffer instead?
It won't increase the height...

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

I just got myself a trd sportivo and it rides great. The problem is it made the car too low and now even sitting alone, going across speed bumps will hit the ultraracing bars below the car.
So i thought of rasing the ride height a little while maintaining the spring. The only way i can do that is by adjusting the preload somewhat like a coilover.

Do you guys know anyone who can custom make plastic spacer/shim to adjust the preload and fit the springs?

Do look at the attached picture to try to understand what i'm trying to say.

View attachment 497780 http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=497780
Don't think plastic can handle the stress there. Moreover it will compress the springs more and the ride can become more bumpy.

Most people add a rubber buffer to the top where you mount the suspension to the car. However it will make the car unstable.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
What about Height Adjustable Suspension instead? Or increase tyre size and thicker wall :smile:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You did not read TS post, wants to keep the springs....hahahaha:biggrin:

Tyre size increase too much will struggle with engine power mah!:banghead:
:rofl: 1 of the easiest options to raise height ma...sacrifice springs.
Increase 16" tyre okay ma.

If wanna keep the springs, only thing i can think of raising height a little is change to maybe
just thicker side wall but same size rims?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
:rofl: 1 of the easiest options to raise height ma...sacrifice springs.
Increase 16" tyre okay ma.

If wanna keep the springs, only thing i can think of raising height a little is change to maybe
just thicker side wall but same size rims?
Change springs to adjustable, then no need ask here for solutions......:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Change springs to adjustable, then no need ask here for solutions......:rofl:
But does increasing sidewall thickness profile helps increase the ride height a little?

Vigilant

Jul 28, 2004
LOL I'm looking at approximately 10mm height increase so tyre sidewall is not an option.
I'm thinking those solid block of plastic so that it can absorb the stress like those plastic chopping board type.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
:hmmmm: Then really no idea how to raise the height. See if others have better suggestions.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
i thought any tyre shop have the rubber one. i get my rubber spacer for free from tyre shop last time, but 2nd hand la.

Vigilant

Jul 28, 2004
no one does custom made things like this?

I mean if people make custom pillow ball mount, i'm pretty sure this is a piece of cake.

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
Rubber yes but not plastic...why don't you just remove the ultra racing bar since that is the one that causes the scrape...trd sportivos are not that low anyway...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
no one does custom made things like this?

I mean if people make custom pillow ball mount, i'm pretty sure this is a piece of cake.
I know forummer skywalker (who hasn't logged on in a while) custom made PU spacers for his iswara. That's way better than plastic and longer lasting than rubber

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
They sell those at tyre shops/ accessory shops.... no need to custom make... It's like a very hard piece of rubber.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The weekend of 9 and 10 June 2012 will certainly satiate the appetites of car and race fanatics with what is set to be the Biggest Motorsport Event in Malaysia; the SUPER GT 2012 Round 3 Malaysia.

<!--more-->The event taking place at the Sepang International Circuit, is known as the Fastest Grand Touring Race in the world, with this round being the only...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience