Mitsubishi EVO - INSURANCE Issue

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Greetings,

Here I am with another concern :)

Last week, I walked into Kurnia Insurance headquarters at Sunway with the intention of renewing my insurance policy. To my surprise, the agent at the counter mentioned that Kurnia is not keen in accepting Evo's due to its high risk involvement.... I was like WTH !?. . . but since I chose not to make the issue huge, I said thanks for the info and I left ( why should I waste time when someone does not want the business and please note, I have 55% NCD - max so I am no high risk in some ways).

So, could you guys share some on how you deal with your insurance renewal ... like which company you opt for and the best when claims need arises.

Many thanks upfront.

Satria81.

Last edited:

trustgtr

Jun 18, 2009
Even if kurnia except you think they gonna pay out if anything happens? , i think lucky kurnia didnt except, they are the worst insurance company out there..

ifanonline

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
i insured my evo with Affin AXA...claim is quite fast...but premium expensive, RM2,000

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
I insured my EvoX with LoanPac
my Lancer with UniAsia (since 2008)

Mini Cooper with UniAsia but have to buy 1st party although car is no longer under loan. (Used to be under P&O until they rejected it as it's complicated for Classic cars or something)

I have another EvoX friend who argued with insurance agent that CZ4A is Evo CY4A is Lancer... as the insurance agent calculated his EvoX market value as RM 75k ....

I am also very pening with all these "rules" ... probably not clearly stated on loading, insurance for 1st party and all the terms..

Any insurance agent here who can advice?

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Even if kurnia except you think they gonna pay out if anything happens? , i think lucky kurnia didnt except, they are the worst insurance company out there..
trustgtr,

many have said the same as you.

let me share my exp, back in year 2006, my Proton Satria met with a bad collision, I sent it to EON Glenmarie for repair and EON had done a very bad repair. So I called and spoke to secretary of Kurnia's CEO and she had made arrangements for KURNIA personnel to visit EON along with me, to my surprise, kurnia had told EON to ensure all parts that needs to be changed be replaced. This was the reason I had been staying with them ever since but now it seems diff

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

i insured my evo with Affin AXA...claim is quite fast...but premium expensive, RM2,000
ifanonline,

Thanks for sharing.

I was under the impression that insurance premiums are controlled by Bank Negara Malaysia.. guess I was wrong .

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

ACE Jerneh sucks, to much deduction on claims, need to top up ,..... also very slow doing approval

rumitech_global,

thank you.

I have removed ACE Jerneh for my list of choices

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

I insured my EvoX with LoanPac
my Lancer with UniAsia (since 2008)

Mini Cooper with UniAsia but have to buy 1st party although car is no longer under loan. (Used to be under P&O until they rejected it as it's complicated for Classic cars or something)

I have another EvoX friend who argued with insurance agent that CZ4A is Evo CY4A is Lancer... as the insurance agent calculated his EvoX market value as RM 75k ....

I am also very pening with all these "rules" ... probably not clearly stated on loading, insurance for 1st party and all the terms..

Any insurance agent here who can advice?

johnsonlam,

thanks for the info.

I am also a victim that has headaches with insurance loading, they charged me 30% loading ... any way we can avoid paying loading or decreasing it ..?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
loading if not mistaken age of car versus age of driver.....

older the the higher loading... +younger driver also loading higher if not mistaken

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
I just renewed my insurance n road tax earlier this week...
Got it from kurnia... Bought from my fren dat operates a accident claim workshop...
She told me only able to buy kurnia... So I told her if anything happen oso I'll go back to her workshop... So as long as they can settle then I'm ok...
My car is 13yrs old tis year... N I'm 28yrs old... Kene loading 15% n hav to buy some additional insurance which cost rm70++ if not mistaken...
The only problem I face is dunno how much to insure my car... It's not in their list... So I just agak agak cover for rm95k....

rumitech_global

Known Member
Jun 11, 2010
melaka
loading 30% u need to pay when u do the claim, I have to appeal back in order to cover back my loses, still waiting answer from them....

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
I just renewed my insurance n road tax earlier this week...
Got it from kurnia... Bought from my fren dat operates a accident claim workshop...
She told me only able to buy kurnia... So I told her if anything happen oso I'll go back to her workshop... So as long as they can settle then I'm ok...
My car is 13yrs old tis year... N I'm 28yrs old... Kene loading 15% n hav to buy some additional insurance which cost rm70++ if not mistaken...
The only problem I face is dunno how much to insure my car... It's not in their list... So I just agak agak cover for rm95k....
calvin9683,

thanks for sharing.

you got quiet a good deal cos u were charged 15% for loading, mine was hit with 30% loading..

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

loading 30% u need to pay when u do the claim, I have to appeal back in order to cover back my loses, still waiting answer from them....
rumitech_global,

I was charged 30% loading on my policy and it was included in the policy

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

older the the higher loading... +younger driver also loading higher if not mistaken
^pomen_GTR^,

thanks for the info

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

^pomen_GTR^,

thanks for the info

rumitech_global

Known Member
Jun 11, 2010
melaka
insurance company only care when we are paying at the begining and ingored us when doing claim, if u call them bout our claim they do us like ball laaa, sana sini kena tendang! at last u giving up and accept the low offer... no good la, i paid 2K for my insurance at ace jerneh, when i got accident they give me a thounsand reason to deduct my claim... ur car too old la, ur claim need to betterment la, ur car itu la ur car ini la, at last costumer always not right.... They only sweet talker at the begining when u hold money to paid the first time..

Last edited:

sagaevo

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
insurance company only care when we are paying at the begining and ingored us when doing claim, if u call them bout our claim they do us like ball laaa, sana sini kena tendang! at last u giving up and accept the low offer... no good la, i paid 2K for my insurance at ace jerneh, when i got accident they give me a thounsand reason to deduct my claim... ur car too old la, ur claim need to betterment la, ur car itu la ur car ini la, at last costumer always not right.... They only sweet talker at the begining when u hold money to paid the first time..
If they refuse or you felt cheated/dissatisfied, then you can always bring it up to the Tribunal . It's either you will get what you want or you will have to settle for a WIN-WIN situation par, but it'll definitely will put a jolt to the insurance corp. :thefinger::thefinger:

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
i find it quite easy with Etiqa..:)