Toyota Harrier 2.4 G

AbuSamahIbrahim

Apr 15, 2013
Kluang
Dear All,

I have one question regarding Toyota Harrier 2.4 G specifications.

I went to used car showroom & I'm very interested to buy Harrier 2.4 G but i'm just curious about the spec. what i mean is for example,

1. 2004 Harrier 2.4G: RM 124k (have sunroof & he said not recon but imported straight from Japan from the start)
2. 2004 Harrier 2.4G: RM 109k (recon & 1 owner & no sunroof)

then I search on internet, (from what I understand) Harrier have spec 2.4G & 2.4GL (L Spec). So the 2.4GL spec more upgrade from 2.4G.

So if you would be me, would you buy which spec & which year of production did you choose? my estimate prices gonna RM140k. I like car which have same body style Harrier 2.4G so if you any ideas & recommendation for another type of car, just let me know coz i'm not really well in car spec & i don't want to be fool by salesman.

Do please help me. Thank in advanced.

Best Regard,
Abu Samah
Email: [email protected]

stupidcar

Mar 18, 2013
Dear All,

I have one question regarding Toyota Harrier 2.4 G specifications.

I went to used car showroom & I'm very interested to buy Harrier 2.4 G but i'm just curious about the spec. what i mean is for example,

1. 2004 Harrier 2.4G: RM 124k (have sunroof & he said not recon but imported straight from Japan from the start)
2. 2004 Harrier 2.4G: RM 109k (recon & 1 owner & no sunroof)

then I search on internet, (from what I understand) Harrier have spec 2.4G & 2.4GL (L Spec). So the 2.4GL spec more upgrade from 2.4G.

So if you would be me, would you buy which spec & which year of production did you choose? my estimate prices gonna RM140k. I like car which have same body style Harrier 2.4G so if you any ideas & recommendation for another type of car, just let me know coz i'm not really well in car spec & i don't want to be fool by salesman.

Do please help me. Thank in advanced.

Best Regard,
Abu Samah
Email: [email protected]
IMO, Harrier is one of the best looking cars around, esp for SUV.
Was thinking of Murano but Harrier looks way better but its 2.5.
Do you need sunroof anyway? If not, just take the 15k difference and do some minor mods lah. :biggrin:

I've seen both the harriers in detail. Actually it is not just the sunroof. They have more creature comfort for the luxury version such as leather seats and door panels, more electronic control stuff such as the seats. And since you are the first owner for the former one, i would say pay that extra 15k and get it.

By the way, the salesman is misleading. All of such cars are RECON. Meaning they have been owned by a person or more in japan and then imported to malaysia. You are the FIRST owner in MALAYSIA. There are little/no brand new cars of such.

The second option he gave you is a second hand recon car. Means that you are not the first owner in malaysia.

ColdPlay

Jun 16, 2010
Veloc was right. UMW never bring in the Harrier officially. All Harrier are grey imported from Japan in CBU unit. Mostly recon. You will be buying them together with AP certificate if I am not mistaken.
And the salesman is misleading but he got the point.
Here is the scenario :

1. Could be 2.4GL aka the Lexus variant. Imported CBU. Car was manufactured in 2004 and used in Japan until it was exported to Malaysia recently. You will be the first Malaysian owner.

2. 2.4G standard model. Also imported CBU. Manufactured in 2004, exported to Malaysia maybe in
2007, bought buy a Malaysian and re-sale. Used car dealer bought from him. You could be the 2nd or 3rd Malaysian owner.

With extra specification, the 1st option is more expensive but rest assured as it was in Japan until recently where the expertise and road condition is better than ours. The 2nd option, we'll never know how good it was being taken care by the previous Malaysian owner.

If possible, go for newer car. 2004 sure has wear and tear parts need replacement soon.

Murano 2.5 is another option. Mazda CX-7 is okay too but it has extra part to service as in 2.3 turbo. A year 2007 CX-7 should cost sub rm130k.

stupidcar

Mar 18, 2013
Veloc was right. UMW never bring in the Harrier officially. All Harrier are grey imported from Japan in CBU unit. Mostly recon. You will be buying them together with AP certificate if I am not mistaken.
And the salesman is misleading but he got the point.
Here is the scenario :

1. Could be 2.4GL aka the Lexus variant. Imported CBU. Car was manufactured in 2004 and used in Japan until it was exported to Malaysia recently. You will be the first Malaysian owner.

2. 2.4G standard model. Also imported CBU. Manufactured in 2004, exported to Malaysia maybe in
2007, bought buy a Malaysian and re-sale. Used car dealer bought from him. You could be the 2nd or 3rd Malaysian owner.

With extra specification, the 1st option is more expensive but rest assured as it was in Japan until recently where the expertise and road condition is better than ours. The 2nd option, we'll never know how good it was being taken care by the previous Malaysian owner.

If possible, go for newer car. 2004 sure has wear and tear parts need replacement soon.

Murano 2.5 is another option. Mazda CX-7 is okay too but it has extra part to service as in 2.3 turbo. A year 2007 CX-7 should cost sub rm130k.
I will get CX-5 though because of SkyActive but it isn't a 2.5/2.4, much much less powaaa.

ColdPlay

Jun 16, 2010
I will get CX-5 though because of SkyActive but it isn't a 2.5/2.4, much much less powaaa.
CX-5 is competing with the likes of 2.0 CRV and Xtrail. And the impressive new Kuga. Rush is smaller. And Fortuner is not as refined as Harrier. 2.V CVT Murano and 2.3T CX-7 is closer in term of ride refine.
Mazda Skyactiv is a high compression engine. Rated at 14:x:x which dwarfed that of Mivec and Vtec in 11:x.x stock. High compression engine tend to be quite sensitive to knocking. Skyactiv is tuned to Ron95 and now available in CKD though.
There is a different on the power band on cars with different cubic capacity. Tuning aside, bigger capacity engine tend to return a more linear power distribution along the rpm range compare to smaller engine capacity. I stand corrected.

stupidcar

Mar 18, 2013
CX-5 is competing with the likes of 2.0 CRV and Xtrail. And the impressive new Kuga. Rush is smaller. And Fortuner is not as refined as Harrier. 2.V CVT Murano and 2.3T CX-7 is closer in term of ride refine.
Mazda Skyactiv is a high compression engine. Rated at 14:x:x which dwarfed that of Mivec and Vtec in 11:x.x stock. High compression engine tend to be quite sensitive to knocking. Skyactiv is tuned to Ron95 and now available in CKD though.
There is a different on the power band on cars with different cubic capacity. Tuning aside, bigger capacity engine tend to return a more linear power distribution along the rpm range compare to smaller engine capacity. I stand corrected.
Not arguing dude. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
I'm just saying because that's a new car. Don't need to be scared.
Murano and Harrier are luxurious SUVs I know that.