DIY - Cooler AirCon for FREE

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Agree with cvKit17... Further more.. this DIY is so cheap.. if don;t like, can just remove it...

The only negative thing I can think of is IF the hose burst, it is hardly noticeable.. But yet again, how often you hear someone's aircon hose burst :P

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Man you really live up to your title... All the DIY kaki's here teary-eyed now...including me

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agree with cvKit17... Further more.. this DIY is so cheap.. if don;t like, can just remove it...

The only negative thing I can think of is IF the hose burst, it is hardly noticeable.. But yet again, how often you hear someone's aircon hose burst :P
Burst no, but leak have. Yup, have to open to check, but then mostly leak at the joints....:driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Burst no, but leak have. Yup, have to open to check, but then mostly leak at the joints....:driver:
yah..the tube itself wont easily burst unless PocRoc bites it. Joint leaks are also quite rare because if it leaks, means poor workmanship already.. however it does happen sometimes in some car.

The hot side, my opinion is insulate those near to the engine. Those far away from the engine e.g. near to bottom, just let it be as the heat can be carried away by ram air when the car is moving. Not to say it is useless to insulate it, but I would say it is kinda insignificant.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
aircond temp will effective drop 1-2 degrees...

:)
dropping 0.5 degree celcus is already good enough bro...it takes a lot of energy to drop 1 dg.C

Oh ya, one more thing guys..if you wana wrap the cold side with aluminum foil, get those foil which is reflective on both sides. You see, radiation exists in both sides - inside the pipe and outside the pipe. You can contain the coldness and also reflect the heat from outside. :smokin:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Done this to my daily ride. Even covering all the line up to the valve. Material : Plastic cover bought from Ace Hardware and aluminium
cover which cost rm5 bought from Daiso. Has some insulflex stuff which I plan to use on the hot spot.
Result : pretty cold at daytime. Using cheap tinted but level 2 with mid temp setting during hot day is sufficient with 4 person
on board .
Almost not usable at night. Set at level 1 with the temp shut down also still very cold. Have to close the air-con panel.
Will take a picture when I am free.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Few cars appeal to both men and women at the same time, and the Audi A1 S-line you see in these pictures is one example that breaks that convention. Most women like its cutesy appeal while most men will approve of its sculpted curves. In S-line trim, you get a more aggressive bodykit, a rear spoiler, as well as 17-inch alloys. The optional contrasting roofline is mandatory and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience