The best of both world?

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys and girls, new guy in town with an old question. I'm driving a Proton Satria 4G92 Manual with an exhaust set up of 4 - 1 > Middle Bullet > Straight flow big ass muffler > and also full 2 inch piping. The set up is great, the exhaust note rises at 3000rpm and below that it sounds like a stock muffler. Before I move on, everything mentioned is all CAP AYAM brand.

After driving in this set up for about 5 months, I'm getting bored of the sound because it doesn't give that oomph anymore since I've gotten used to it and the FC is not as good as the stock S flow obviously. After browsing around in the forums, I've found of this interesting thing called AROSPEED EXHAUST CUTOUT VALVE. I was like, "Oh no, this is bad...because... I've got to get this thing fixed".

The plan was to fix back the original S flow muffler and then fix this Arospeed ECV BEFORE the middle bullet. I don't have to worry about any loud sound when the ECV is closed and with the thug of a knob then *wahhhlahhh*, the sound that imitates a high revving track car.

So the point here is, if I change back the stock S flow...would my FC improve and wouldn't this set up be the best of both world? Thank you and advance for all the attention given :adore:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
4G92 (mivec variant) is a high revving engine. 4-1 setup will give better top end result. People only play with S-flow on auto transmission, which comes with stock engine.
From my experience, branded tuned length and mandrel bend stainless steel exhaust setup gives much better performance in the long run. If you insisted on using cap ayam, make sure they meet the above criteria. White steel cap ayam is okay for a couple of month but once the carbon deposit build up inside, aided by the lousy workmanship, the 2" could become less than 1.5".
Manual need better straight flow exhaust and that Arospeed thing works like throttle body's valve, albeit, in manual mode where you could use the lever (usually installed next to seat's lever) to adjust the exhaust valve opening. Good when passing JPJ roadblock or quiet neighbourhood at night. Saved you from their curse...lol.
And sorry if I am being harsh but I don't see the point of talking about good FC when you want performance. One have to give as
the FC is mainly determined by your driving style aka right foot.
Here is an example, drove a relative's Prius to Terengganu at almost full throttle(which kill the point of having a hybrid)with the owner sitting next and the FC is much worse than my 2.5 weekend ride.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
one of my fren r driving wira with 1.6 liter mivec. he's using that ECV and a twin tip gsr muffler. well so far NA engine are born to be short ratio. so there's nothing u could do with FC. just drive 80kph and the FC is ok.. lol

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
4G92 (mivec variant) is a high revving engine. 4-1 setup will give better top end result. People only play with S-flow on auto transmission, which comes with stock engine.
From my experience, branded tuned length and mandrel bend stainless steel exhaust setup gives much better performance in the long run. If you insisted on using cap ayam, make sure they meet the above criteria. White steel cap ayam is okay for a couple of month but once the carbon deposit build up inside, aided by the lousy workmanship, the 2" could become less than 1.5".
Manual need better straight flow exhaust and that Arospeed thing works like throttle body's valve, albeit, in manual mode where you could use the lever (usually installed next to seat's lever) to adjust the exhaust valve opening. Good when passing JPJ roadblock or quiet neighbourhood at night. Saved you from their curse...lol.
And sorry if I am being harsh but I don't see the point of talking about good FC when you want performance. One have to give as
the FC is mainly determined by your driving style aka right foot.
Here is an example, drove a relative's Prius to Terengganu at almost full throttle(which kill the point of having a hybrid)with the owner sitting next and the FC is much worse than my 2.5 weekend ride.
Thanks bro for your advice, I've tried light footed driving and frankly speaking it has a high FC maybe because of the 4 - 1 and straight flow.

one of my fren r driving wira with 1.6 liter mivec. he's using that ECV and a twin tip gsr muffler. well so far NA engine are born to be short ratio. so there's nothing u could do with FC. just drive 80kph and the FC is ok.. lol
Thanks bro, I guess there is nothing I can do about the FC :(

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I am just sharing. The likes of Vtec, NeoVVTL and Mivec NA setup can be quite addictive at higher rpm. Can't help as we tend to floor the pedal just to get the doses.
I recall when I just got my lousy KKK-27 upgrade, I use to floor the throttle at every chances so that I could hear the turbo spooling sound...lol.
Btw, the GSR twintip muffler is quite decent. You can opt for 4-2-1 too but get ready to lose some top end as the setup takes longer time to reach top speed, unless you get everything at tuned length which is quite costly.
4-2-1 setup is responsive for town drive though as you don't need to floor as much out from one traffic light to the other.
Driving style and personal preference will determined the best setup.

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I am just sharing. The likes of Vtec, NeoVVTL and Mivec NA setup can be quite addictive at higher rpm. Can't help as we tend to floor the pedal just to get the doses.
I recall when I just got my lousy KKK-27 upgrade, I use to floor the throttle at every chances so that I could hear the turbo spooling sound...lol.
Btw, the GSR twintip muffler is quite decent. You can opt for 4-2-1 too but get ready to lose some top end as the setup takes longer time to reach top speed, unless you get everything at tuned length which is quite costly.
4-2-1 setup is responsive for town drive though as you don't need to floor as much out from one traffic light to the other.
Driving style and personal preference will determined the best setup.
Hands down for 4 - 1. I prefer to suffer the town driving to build a dragster ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

normal waja with rear extra brake light , aka 4th and 5th brake light is actually the fog light .
actually , there is anothe rhidden light in proton waja rear light socket . the middle one . durign braking ,it is the only light that doens't light up . but proton provided a 2 filamen type of bulb for that socket . so ...nto to waste the bulb ... i did this thign , i drill another hole . connect the wire inside the socket . and during braking , i will ahve all the red lights up when i am...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience