Mitsubishi evolution 7

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Dear Sifu's,

I require some information:

Would it cause any sort of problems if I jump-start my EVO7 ? Will it effect the ECU or any components of the car.

Please feel free to share thoughts in this regard.

Thanks upfront.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
No issues, just jump start properly. Follow the proper steps and you'll be fine

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Thanks AlucarD,

Would you please enlighten; " just jump start properly. Follow the proper steps and you'll be fine "

please bare with my noob-ness with this.

aniki

Known Member
May 22, 2004
Minokamo, Japan
aniki1984.multiply.com
the jump start cable will be red n black in colour, u need another car/battery to jump start your car.

Start the engine of opponent's car. (make sure the opponent's car battery is working good)

1) put the one side head of black cable at the opponent's car battery at minus terminal.
2) put another side head of black cable at your car's battery minus terminal.
3) put the one side head of red cable at the opponent's car battery at positive terminal.
4) put another side head of red cable at your car's battery positive terminal.

And then, crank/start your engine. IF your engine won't start, just let the battery charging from opponent's car. You may go have a tea break. After 10minutes, return to your car and crank/start your engine.

IF you still can't start your engine, buy a new battery and replace it.

P/S: if you needed to jump start your engine, your battery life is almost at the end. It's time to change..lolz..

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Hello aniki,

Many thanks for the in-detail reply. Truly appreciate it.

My concern was mainly if jump-start would cause any impact on the ECU and etc etc..

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
wont bro.. wont effect ecu and etc

aniki

Known Member
May 22, 2004
Minokamo, Japan
aniki1984.multiply.com
Yup. won't cause any effect on ecu.

I'm using Jap version of E7. The monitor will pop up a setup screen every time after changing battery or unplug battery.

Just set it back to E7, and that's all.

But, i believe most of the cars here already took/exchanged to US spec..n the steps i mentioned above was skipped..

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
I had to jump start my car many times in the past due to grounding of wiring .. Finally located the problem of the ECU cable to firing cable passing through the fire-wall which was grounding.

No issues to the ECU .. which has it's own internal battery btw for the electronics ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari has finally unveiled the drop-top roadster version of their 599 that will make its public debut at Paris in a weeks time and is limited to only 80 units worldwide, all of which have already found garages that they will never see the light of day from.

Even Ferrari themselves are calling this the ‘most exclusive Ferrari ever.’ The model...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience