Paint levelling - white Caldina GT 4

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I know this section has been recently jammed with teasing and tempting photos of super exotics. This is nothing on par though. Just my humble, heart work on a friend's car. No advertising whatsoever. Purely to share my experience on paint levelling and I hope we can learn together.

The owner of this sports wagon ordered for a paint levelling task. This car was recently resprayed but the paint was not levelled and had generous amount of orange peel.

Upon washing and claying, this car was given 5-step paint correction. Featuring the Osren P50 with denim pads to cut and level the paint. Followed up by a multi step paint correction and finishing that yields a mirror finish, even on a pearl white paint. Upon perfecting the paint surface, this car was given a coat of Opti coat (Pro) to restore thickness and hardness to the paint.

Below are the before and after photos...

Bonnet before - reflections blurry and lack of definition.

Bonnet after - sharpened

Passenger door before

Passenger door after

Driver's door before

Driver's door after

Rear side before

Rear side after

A close up of rear side before

A close up of rear side after

The paint was inspected under different lightings prior to coating. As expected by levelling the paint, not a scratch or swirl was found.

It's pleasing to see that the metallic flakes of the paint stand out after being levelled.

The car was finally coated with Opti Coat (Pro) to restore thickness and hardness to the paint.

A total of 3 and a half days of work to craft this finish.

Thank you...

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Really a good job bro. Always use your heart and sweat to really detail those cars. :top:

SevenDust

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Amazing work there bro! The denim pads were super aggressive, yes? hehehe

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
i am speechless of the results, makes me wanna do up my black bimmer hahaha

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Really a good job bro. Always use your heart and sweat to really detail those cars. :top:
Thanks bro... Yeah... Always keen to see the transformation.

i am speechless of the results, makes me wanna do up my black bimmer hahaha
Learn from all you guys seniors here ma. And don't forget, we got a DIT project on the Z4 yes? I will arrange soon. Featuring 22ple. I will bring stuff. Just need your presence.

Amazing work there bro! The denim pads were super aggressive, yes? hehehe
Yes. In fact, I call it liquid sand. The results are on par with sanding but without sanding marks. I'm really impressed by the products I recently got from Osren. The P50, 34 and perfect finish 8. Easy to use and results are fawesome!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
sure man, just let me know on the dates.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
yes bro?? why laa cough cough

Impronte

Known Member
Oct 10, 2011
Penang
something stuck down the throat or because the "fume"? hehe.. is there any different to detailed on various type of coloured? meaning by solid colour, metallic colour and like this one pearl colour, any special treat?

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
something stuck down the throat or because the "fume"? hehe.. is there any different to detailed on various type of coloured? meaning by solid colour, metallic colour and like this one pearl colour, any special treat?
Solid will have a gloss so mad ur eyes will pop out just looking at it at a distance, Pearl and Metallic are the ones that the colour doesnt pop instead the metallic flakes makes the paint shine so crazy.
no special treatment.

22ple....hot stuff there....just jealous...can I come and 'kepo2'....?
Hahaha i used before already gonna use again, but we gonna do it over in Ipoh lolol

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Hahaha i used before already gonna use again, but we gonna do it over in Ipoh lolol
Oh...too far...have fun then. Make sure to give it 2 good coats for added *bling*....muahahaha....

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
superb work bro! i really like it

it's more than hard work, heart work,

i did try sort of same on a honda fit with the carpro pads and Opt HC and Menzerna FG 400. not found them to be as effective as the results achieved with the Osren products.

I mailed Osren for their products but at the end left it as one of my friends would go to Malaysia soon (don't know when...), and he would bring the Osren polishes n pads. Not happened though, i'm still waiting when he'll go there.

Any way, you got results that speak louder than words. Congrats :top:

n cheers from a long way

Zaid

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008

i did try sort of same on a honda fit with the carpro pads and Opt HC and Menzerna FG 400. not found them to be as effective as the results achieved with the Osren products.

I mailed Osren for their products but at the end left it as one of my friends would go to Malaysia soon (don't know when...), and he would bring the Osren polishes n pads. Not happened though, i'm still waiting when he'll go there.

n cheers from a long way

Zaid
PM me your details. I'll hook you up with the main man at Osren. He's also an enthusiast and should be more than willing to help you out.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

n cheers from a long way

Zaid
Thanks for the encouragement bro.

Yeah i believe you will achieve better levelling results with osren as theu have products specially designed for that purpose. Those that you have been using are just standard compounds for correction right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TRsL-A7Vaug" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="200" width="330"></iframe>

Never before seen footage of Malaysian Police Force's EVO X Police in a high speed chase in Penang hunting down a suspect in a Satria GTI. Something like "Getaway from Stockholm", only in real life, the bad guys do get caught. Nothing survives the chase by a Police EVO
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience