mazda 3 bk 2005-2009 mod for brake???

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
i recently buy a mazda 3 bk sedan 1.6 auto

after i bought it, i only notice that the rear brake is drum!!! behind the drum got screw hole to install caliper. i wan to modify to disc. my car is 5 lug 114.3.

i know that mazda b8 210, mazda lantis v6 2.0 original is 5 lug. can fit?

how about he handbrake cable?

any mazda expert can recommand workshop for modify performance?

got any other choice? pls recommand.

mazda expert pls help.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
I don't have Mazda 3.
But i think the question u have here is not a normal one for 99.9% of Mazda owners out here.

To mod a drum brake to disc is possible. Specially for the standard models which has both Drum and Disc.
Why not just go chop shop and ask if can chop a set of rear disc and put in your car? I'm sure the mounting make all Mazda 3 the same rite?

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
I don't have Mazda 3.
But i think the question u have here is not a normal one for 99.9% of Mazda owners out here.

To mod a drum brake to disc is possible. Specially for the standard models which has both Drum and Disc.
Why not just go chop shop and ask if can chop a set of rear disc and put in your car? I'm sure the mounting make all Mazda 3 the same rite?

i can find full set of rx-7 four pot front, rear disc assemble but not sure can fit or not. but i cant find mazda 3 rear disc from half cut. coz very less halfcut from mazda. hehe

now i had put mazda rx-8 rim to my car. so i can upgrade to big disc or caliber. anyway the car not required 4 pot, drive by my gf only.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

mazda owner pls help.

Jonnip

Feb 27, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi. Probably can use a mps rear assembly as that is caliper. Would have to change the hand brake cables as well and probably have some custom brake hoses made up.
the master cylinder also must change but should be OK la...

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
u also a mazda 3 onwer? now still driving this model?

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

i really hope mazda folks help help help!!!!
sorry bro, didn't log in for very long time ... yes, my ride is a Mazda 3 h/b 2.0

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
try to find Gen 1 Mazda 3 MPS rear disc brake. Or you can buy the after market disc brake for Gen 1

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys i would like to know what is the best piping diameter for my auto gsr?now still using the standard piping from the engine to the muffler but the muffler change already larr...would it help my auto gsr give some better performance after changing the piping?thanks guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience