6a10 engine

Dec 26, 2012
klang
all sifu2 around ~ can i know that if this 6a10 engine can fit for iswara 1.3 aeroback ? and also if wan to convert this engine what else need to change on the car ? sorry but i am a noob on this and i would like to get some comment from sifu2 , and i also recently found this engine bcz of v6...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
it's a 1.6 v6 engine.. vy rare..

t0mmyzz

Dec 26, 2012
klang
oo ~ so its also considered change gearbox and monting to convert the engine lor .. but with this engine we needed a good brake right ? twin-port brake better or double layer brake better huh ? sifu2 =)

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Single pot with bigger master servo is good enough.
I don't know how you put the twin head beast in the engine bay, maybe you need to knock some part of the fire wall to fit in. Due to heavy front end when you put in the 6A10, you gonna face very severe nose dive during braking.

t0mmyzz

Dec 26, 2012
klang
that for sure and i am still thinking wanna put that engine or not.. bcz the v6 sounds interesting and the engine sound is very nice ... so i am still thinking is it worth to put it =P

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i dont suggest u get this engine as its very old, u might have trouble finding spare parts, same goes
for the mirage 1.6 turbo. parts are almost extinct.

go for the 4G15 or 4G91 1.5 better. many parts available.

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
that for sure and i am still thinking wanna put that engine or not.. bcz the v6 sounds interesting and the engine sound is very nice ... so i am still thinking is it worth to put it =P
Yes the sound is very nice.

I've seen 6A10 on a Wira, so since Iswara have the same engine as a Wira, won't be a problem with transplant if you have the halfcut.

Maybe just need a brake PAD upgrade to pass Puspakom. Once I failed Puspakom brake check with one of my cars, I changed with a cheapest NEW brake pad I could find, went 2nd time - passed.

But I think you'll be bored with 6A10 quickly. I had a 6A12 twin turbo before, love it.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
My fren had a 6A10 wira and get it endorsed.. after that he just secretly upgraded to 6A12.. :burnout:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
V6...anything below 2.5l is crap - it's not worth the trouble.
i've driven a satria v6 1.6 (6a10)...

with proper suspension tuning can reduce the dirty understeer....

the torque and exhaust note was crispy and addicting :driver:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I have nothing to say? You are bloody arrogant.
Many manufacturers don't bother with v6 because not much to gain. BMW is a case in point.
So you think you know a lot haaa?
Eh do you think the thread starter is trying to engineer a car to be more efficient or more fun? Sorry la, were not BMW engineers. You have something to say about efficiency you can go join a hybrid forum and discuss hypermilling. You really think people are aiming to gain a lot out of a saga/iswara chassis and a 1.6 v6? The V6 is noise alone is enjoyable, creamy smooth. I really highly doubt he's looking for big power. :stupid: Modding anything is not worth the trouble, but thats what modding is.

To the thread starter I thought about this quite awhile ago, i've heard the mounts you have to mod it to fit and the chances of passing JPJ are low... but you can always try if you want. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear guys,

Apologies if there is already a thread on this..but out of curiosity as the titles goes..:adore:

Am currently using a 2.3 inch diametre piping from the extractor straight out towards the muffler with no bullet..and have been using this setup for the past 2 years..but i noticed there's a slight decline in throttle response compared to a 2 inch piping setup that i used to have earlier...

Is it normal?..or is my current diameter is too big?..some of my colleague with similar...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience