Toyota Innova Rear Abnormally Bumpy After Hitting Pothole

May 14, 2013
Subang Jaya
Hi,

Would appreciate suggestions on what could possibly be causing my Toyota Innova's ride to bumpy after hitting a pothole.

Had an accident two weeks ago, hit into a pothole and two tyres tore up and gave way. Upon changing both the tyres. There's is a noticeable shaking at the acceleration pedal and at the back. Initially both the new tyres were in front, then later we moved the tyres to the back. Upon changing the tyres, they identified that the rims were bent thus it was sent in for repair. a proper alignment and balancing has been done and has been double checked.

The mechanic also found out that the Propeller Shaft has been bent at the back, thus suggested that I should change it. Double checked at Toyota SC and was told it's bent and need to be changed. Have changed the Propeller Shaft, yet there is still an abnormal bouncing coming from the back and the acceleration pedal.

What are the other possibilities? The damages were on the passenger side Front L/H & Back L/H tyre.

Could I safely suggest that since I fell the bounce from the back that it could possibly be the absorbers?

Have driven this car for a year and a half already, I am aware of how the vehicle drives and this abnormal bounce was definitely not there before the accident. Hoping I could get some feedback from those experienced with this.

Please Advise

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My bet will be the wheels bend or some defect on the tyres after you run into potholes as this are the 1st cushion of impact before the
absorber. bushes and mounting.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
I'm on medication, so I might have read your post wrongly... but what the heck.

You can perform a simple test of the absorbers by putting load on it & off it (kinda like pressing down on that corner of the car), if it only bounces back once, then their are most probably fine. Although I think this would not be very easy with a large vehicle like an Innova...

If the bounce/vibration only occurs during movement (rotation) then a part that rotates (drive shaft,wheel hubs,rims,etc) is no longer rotating true,..its bent.

Accelerator pedal vibration?, check if your engine is vibrating excessively.. or it could be your transmission. Is Innova a RWD vehicle?, could be the drive shaft.... or was that what U mean by propeller shaft? its a plan?hahah... medication.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Innova is RWD.

Propeller shaft changed eh? Do you get the judder when you accelerate or only at certain speeds?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Since already repaired the rims, changed the tyres and propeller shaft, leaves only the drive shafts and absorbers.
Drive shafts could be bent and absorbers could be bent also or jammed up slightly due to the hard bang you had....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my questions:

1.) how much is 195/50/15 for Advan Neova? New price plus installation, balancing and alignment.

2.) comments about Falken Ziex?

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience