paint defender

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
New product? Available locally?

From 3M eh.....hhrrmmmm....one can would most probably cost a bomb....but interesting...

droll

Known Member
Aug 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i'm curious to try just for the front part of the car (just like in youtube video), front bumper, and perhaps door handles (finger nail scratches). since it is removable, i wouldn't mind.

the entire kit costs USD45 per set. i don't know what size surface area one kit can cover. also, i'm not sure if it's available locally. the product is quite new so it might take some time to arrive here or you'd have to buy it online.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

3M 90200 Paint Defender Application Kit : Amazon.com : [email]Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com[/email]/images/I/41xCBKaoKYL.@@AMEPARAM@@41xCBKaoKYL

the spray can itself costs USD24.99
the spray trigger is a one-time buy i think. so one time investment of USD7.99
the application kit includes plastic sheet and tape - which if you don't want to buy, you can always substitute with local materials. price over Amazon - USD11.99.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
45USD isn't too bad. RM140 with some change to protect paint? Doesn't say how long this coating will last though

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Plastidip cost only around RM50/can locally....hehehe....

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Few reviews on it on the net. But, personally, I think it offers only little protection. May work well against bugs and tar (make it easier to clean), but probably not so much against stone chips or flying objects with stronger physical impact.

klaatu

Mar 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
45USD isn't too bad. RM140 with some change to protect paint? Doesn't say how long this coating will last though
The video did mentioned it last at least one year.... but then in our super hot climate, maybe can't last that long?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sepang International Circuit played host to Shell Malaysia's launch of their enhanced motor oils today, which now includes a brand new ‘Fuel Economy’ product in order to cater for the growing market demand for higher fuel efficiency by upgrading...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience