Battery or Alternator ?? battery lights

YEN96

Known Member

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
Guys, recently my eg6 encountering battery indicator light up. The battery indicator lights up only during start up and idle. when i drive above 2500rpm, the indicator goes away. i confirm and tested during driving...indicator lights up below 2500rpm...above that no issue.

what could be the problem and any checks i could do myself before go to workshop ?

I just change battery and alternator about 1 year ago only. So fast mati already ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I had the same problem for a while, then realise it was just a loosely connected alternator plug. Check your wiring and sockets, make sure all nice and tight.

YEN96

Known Member

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
I had the same problem for a while, then realise it was just a loosely connected alternator plug. Check your wiring and sockets, make sure all nice and tight.
Thanks for the advice, will do a check...r u refering to the plug on the alternator ?? the big rubber head plug ??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks for the advice, will do a check...r u refering to the plug on the alternator ?? the big rubber head plug ??
Yeah. Mine was just sitting there so visual checking looked like it was ok, until I physically pressed it and it clicked in. So it was off-on connected which was why the battery lasted so long. The alternator has 2 connectors, one should be a plug or something and the other is just some ground terminal.

YEN96

Known Member

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
Yeah. Mine was just sitting there so visual checking looked like it was ok, until I physically pressed it and it clicked in. So it was off-on connected which was why the battery lasted so long. The alternator has 2 connectors, one should be a plug or something and the other is just some ground terminal.
bro, i just check the connection...yes, the head connection plug was loose, i pushed and it clicked in.

battery indicator still lights up...so i should now drive the car to charge back the battery ??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bro, i just check the connection...yes, the head connection plug was loose, i pushed and it clicked in.

battery indicator still lights up...so i should now drive the car to charge back the battery ??
Just drive it for a while and let the car recharge it or send to shop to recharge it. Monitor for a day or two and you should know the end result (whether it's still a problem or not)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I love to experiment over the engine, gearbox, suspension systems, intake and exhaust systems (many of these are in the past)
I was at auto shop today (from home went across the whole town at 7th March to buy gifts and presents), went there, especially at the same time was looking for slush, found)) bought today, and, so for not waiting for too long I filled it directly near the shop!

Everything is on the photo and video...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience