Engine is hard to start after major overhauling

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
Hello guys, want to ask opinions.
Im using kancil 660t engine is l200.
Im facing this issue right after taking my car out from the workshop.
The starter sounds wrong, it sound very rough.
The battery is weak.
For your info i sent the car for major overhauling.
Nothing is used back except the piston, and block.
Gearbox is also replaced.
So i change the battery and starter. It does not make any difference.
I troubleshoot the alternator and its working perfectly.
Any suggestion or opinion for this?

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
The battery is weak.
try checking the ignition coil

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
I dont think the problem is from ignition coil. Because the workshop replaced my ignition coil as well. If its ignition coil, the engine will misfiring. My engine runs smoothly.

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Check the ground cable/wire. Make sure it is ground properly. If still have starter noise after changing battery, starter and proper ground, then it may be inside gearbox or engine. Does all gears shift smoothly? If you can take the starter off to check the tooths on the starter and flywheel, there may be wear on the flywheel tooth.

Good luck

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
Im using extra ground cables also. All gears are changing smoothly and already service b4 installing. If its the flywheel i will change it after finish engine breaking in. Thanks on that.. but this battery issue creeping me out.. dont hve clue yet.. i noticed the battery will only last for several crank and it died just like that.. tomorrow will check on everything and make sure the car is ok b4 taking home.. almost 2 months in workshop..

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Im using extra ground cables also. All gears are changing smoothly and already service b4 installing. If its the flywheel i will change it after finish engine breaking in. Thanks on that.. but this battery issue creeping me out.. dont hve clue yet.. i noticed the battery will only last for several crank and it died just like that.. tomorrow will check on everything and make sure the car is ok b4 taking home.. almost 2 months in workshop..
If the new battery drained just seating and a few cranks, then you have some serious electrical issues. Alarm, stereo system, etc can cause that if they are not properly wired.

Good luck and hope you find the culprit.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The battery is weak.
Firstly, you mention major overhaul, so why are the pistons used back? Means you change the rings only?

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

If battery after a few crank goes dead, battery have problem or some wiring.....

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
Yes, the piston polished and replace the piston ring..
I already found the culprit of this battery issue. Its the positive cable problem because i relocated the battery at the back of the car when i did my fmic.
This orange color cable that used by most of the workshop hve some voltage resistance increase over time.
So i will change to other types of cable for the positive and hopefully settled.
Thanx to all who give opinions.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Yes, the piston polished and replace the piston ring..
I already found the culprit of this battery issue. Its the positive cable problem because i relocated the battery at the back of the car when i did my fmic.
This orange color cable that used by most of the workshop hve some voltage resistance increase over time.
So i will change to other types of cable for the positive and hopefully settled.
Thanx to all who give opinions.
please update all solutions & end results so all of us can learn & evaluate our knowledge for this kind of problem. t.q:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everybody, i'm new here.......i own a proton 1.5 (m) 2002 which perform like a trishaw........ i am thinking of few modification without changing the engine.

First, i would like to change the air filter to a less resistance one........is it ok ? Which brand to choose and any precaution should i take ?

Second, the exhaust system........can i fixed up a 4-2-1 manifold ( extractor ) only and keep the rest original until the muffles, as i dun want loud sound.

Anything else i can do to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience