Bandar Utama
Visit site
dont get me wrong.

If i am not mistaken, in Bandar Sunway.. the police there use Segway

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You need a Datuk. That's all. If your Datuk cannot get it signed off, means your Datuk not senior enough, get an even more senior Datuk. Malaysia policy can change overnight one, you don't know meh?

Malaysia boleh mah, apa pun boleh.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Funny law we have. Banned on road because no sound. But I see many times cycling team practice at main road in groups. The bangla, vietnam and Nepal here all cycle on the main road. Some foreign back packers cycles through Malaysia on trunk roads.

But when our cars make a loads of sound they also saman us.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Forget about it la. I already gave up. Really wanna post my design but see how 1st. Battery pack too expensive and machinist don't wanna take small job which earn less.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Funny law we have. Banned on road because no sound. But I see many times cycling team practice at main road in groups. The bangla, vietnam and Nepal here all cycle on the main road. Some foreign back packers cycles through Malaysia on trunk roads.

Who said its due to the noise (the lack of it) it make??
It's due to safety..

Come on la Malaysian..1 person tell, all believe...
Then kondem here and there kaw2..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Motorized bicycle also banned.....:mad:

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Our malaysian policy support pollution machine. No such thing supporting the environment. Instead of getting a battery powered bike, Should just buy old hummer to go pasar. Dont worry, govt give 100% approval for road use.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
if te police saman all te car carry goods without registeration, than is find.....problem is.....they r like suka2 saman....mood tak baik > saman.......mood baik > pretend not seeing......

This is no issue of safety anymore.....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Who said its due to the noise (the lack of it) it make??
It's due to safety..

Come on la Malaysian..1 person tell, all believe...
Then kondem here and there kaw2..
I tried riding a electric powered bike to the shop loaned from a friend when he was on holiday in August 2011. Got stopped by a traffic police, ask me why my bike no sound. I told him it's a e-bike. Electric powered. He said not allowed and illegal because no sound people don't know you are there. I told him I'm just going to the shop from my house less than 5KM. I was not going very slow also, was doing 35km/h. If you say allow to used in highway then It's very dangerous but if where to use from housing area to shops near by then It should be ok.

Now at my working area, I see so many foreign workers riding bicycle in groups on the main road but everyday police car, police bike see them also don't stop them. Why? if its due to safety reason. Again if due to safety reason (anyone saw the news about 2 China girl travel on bikes crossing states in Malaysia) on China Press the news I believe is few days back.

If riding a electric bicycle, bike or a pedal powered one can help to reduce pollution, and promote healthy living. I so no reason it should not be adopted in a limited area. Say an area of 5KM from your house. The problem is our country do not have the facility to let us enjoy such thing so they ban the usage instead of upgrading the facilities because banning is always easier than doing more work to upgrade.

I just came back from Japan in Feb. They already have Hybrid bicycles. Cycling will charge the battery pack also moving the bicycle. Then you can use the battery to powered the bicycle for 30 to 45 mins with speed of 24km/h.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion. If they say cannot then, what to do...don't use. It' very troublesome of going to shops and nearby places and needing to drive a car.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My friend imported a sample and since cannot bring in for business he kept that for his own use in his taman,,,,,,

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna ask izit legal to install HID from outside??? still thinking whether to install onot,cos i see alot ppl havin it..n it looks reallly nice.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience