EG clubs/owner etc

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Halfcut n the hassle of registering the engine....but good news for us who have year 92-93 manufactured EGs...already past 20years so can qualify for antique car category which can make converting to non standard engine easier hehehehe

sifus....got a question. been having continuous knocking for my b16a and since halfcut dizzys cost a bomb nowadays, i plan to change just the coil. there are 2 options. go for "new original Honda" replacement or get an Accel replacement. the ori honda costs around rm125 as advertised in mudah n the accel costs rm260. which would be the better choice? engine is stock standard n many forums say the stock standard ignition system is sufficient till 800+ hp with 30psi boost even. problem is i have no idea if the ori honda ignition coil sold nowadays are even half as good as my current unit. i used a recond unit once and it lasted me less than half a year before it totally died.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
antique car category aint that easy to apply... the car basically has to be very similar to wat came out of the factory from what i heard...

if ur having issues with the coil... then i think u should look into MSD external coils...theyre about 4xx including installation n modding ur ori distributor cap iirc. otherwise, get the ori honda coil first and save up for the MSD.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Madman...MSD is kinda overkill for me.

the thing is nowadays its kinda hard to know what is ori honda and what is "ori honda"....anybody can comment on the seller kirie in mudah? ori or "ori"?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
overkill??? i dont think so... replacing the coil with a external unit isnt just about performance....but reliability

the external units will be less likely to fail as opposed to the internal units which are very prone to heat and other factors that causes it to fail.... and at RM4xx i think its a pretty good deal then spending money on something cheaper, but will probably have to be done multiple times that down the road, it ends up being more expensive.

with the MSD, ull get more reliability...and consider any performance gains as a free bonus :D

this is something im looking forward to honestly....but currently my distributor is fine and i have to direct my funds towards new tires.

as an alternative, since honda distributors suck... u could look into distributors from other cars... had a friend use a mazda b8 (iirc) distributor on his B20B drag car....however, itll require a standalone...not sure if hondata can support it.. but he was using it with the haltech e6k (this was about 10-13 years ago)...if u already have this sort of standalone, its a mod to consider.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

oh by the way... if u still wanna get the honda coils...and worry about originality... look into getting it urself at LHS jalan ipoh or Exceptional Autoparts in glenmarie... u can google for them...should be a few posts in the forum about their contact and address

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
MSD blaster SS coil + used good condition msd 6al + msd plug cable + good plug serve me very well now even with 1.4 bar of boost

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

P/S : provided other parts like ignitor is in good condition

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
helo to all...got a problem with my car rite now....last week i noticed my temperature meter not function...so after some inspection i found out my temperature sensor ( the one with single wire - above the oil filter) broke!!!so would like to know is it harmful if i keep on driving it?not sure whether got coolant leak or not from the broken sensor....anyone can give me some advise on this case hehe
:itsme:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
helo to all...got a problem with my car rite now....last week i noticed my temperature meter not function...so after some inspection i found out my temperature sensor ( the one with single wire - above the oil filter) broke!!!so would like to know is it harmful if i keep on driving it?not sure whether got coolant leak or not from the broken sensor....anyone can give me some advise on this case hehe
:itsme:
come have a TT then let me see...lol:nurse:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
my advise is to go get the sensor fixed and monitor the engine for any other problems for the next couple of months

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
peterj : haha now always raining so lazy to go out....did saw u b4 in sejingkat with ur fren....
madman : my rad fan ok only that my meter indicator not function huhu
arturo : can't connect back....the only solution is to replace the sensor but i cant find one huhu

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Shah: u can seek help from my mec. for parts u couldn't find yourself. My advice is fix it ASAP too as u'll never know when your engine temperature goes up, u might end up stalled in the middle of the road with a burned engine in case it overheated. I encountered this once on the road with one of the radiator hose cracked and broke but I didn't noticed it until the whole radiator were empty and the temperature rise up promptly. Luckily the ecu detected the sudden spike of the temperature and cut off the engine before the needle reached red. Have to tow back as couldn't find where was the culprit at that time and it was at nite. After that incident, I replaced all the radiator hoses to silicon lol. Better be safe than sorry.

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
jac : tats y i didn't dare to drive the car at the moment....try to seek in the parts shop dy but can't find one.....
one more thing does all b series using the same type of temperature sensor?maybe later can try seek at the halfcut shop if cannot find the new one :smokin:

Civic eh5

Jan 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Helo sifus and friends here,
Im looking for wings west front lip for my eg9.. where can i get it ?bcoz it is old version and very rare..any bodykit shop in klang valley which can make one for me ? tq

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
Hi Guys,
Do you guys know where to repair the eg8 d15b P08 ECU ? There seem to have some burnt mark in it, Which cause the warning light to lit up and car hard to start up.

Appreciate if anyone can help up.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how much does it cost to do vertical door ?? can give any idea how to do it...where can i find its stuff???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience