Toyota rush

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
Hello zth....i would like some info regarding toyota rush....as now i'm a family guy...looking forward to own toyota rush as space, fuel consumption and comfort ride is my main concern....as i browse to the net...some -ve and +ve comments for this car.....but most of the comments confusing me...in terms of FC and NVH.....any first hand ownder for this car?tq....most of the time for monday to friday my ride to work is only around 5km(wife not prefer motorcycle and need to send our daughter to nany everyday)...but weekends balik kg to and for around 340km..

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Hello zth....i would like some info regarding toyota rush....as now i'm a family guy...looking forward to own toyota rush as space, fuel consumption and comfort ride is my main concern....as i browse to the net...some -ve and +ve comments for this car.....but most of the comments confusing me...in terms of FC and NVH.....any first hand ownder for this car?tq....most of the time for monday to friday my ride to work is only around 5km(wife not prefer motorcycle and need to send our daughter to nany everyday)...but weekends balik kg to and for around 340km..
Toyota Rush - price range 86k to 95k

Here's what I think on the three aspects you were asking about. One of my family member has this car:

1. Space - yes, you can carry 7 people but the third row, as usual, is only suitable for kids. Very little bootspace if the third row is utilised.
2. Fuel consumption - it has a 2WD drive train instead of a 4WD but still, the engine is designed to deliver more torque to push the car through "sticky" road conditions. Because of this, don't expect it to sip fuel, especially if you only use it in the city where you constantly stop-go.
3. Comfort - I've been on it. It's quite comfy for a SUV in the city but doesn't beat a proper car especially on the highway driving above 100kmh. As it has a high-torque engine, the RPM will be higher than a normal car and you can imagine the engine noise.
4. NVH - I'd say it's a typical Toyota NVH sort of standard, which is to be honest, average. :P

How many people are there in your family?

Last edited:

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
hey thanks bro..4 of us in a family..im tinkin on buying sedans but i also need comfort and good fc of car to drive for long hours of driving.i dont yhink my civic can give me what i wan now..not to say that ciiic is a bad car but nvh is below average..rush seems to look stylish and comfort i think

S.SIEW

Known Member
Sep 5, 2010
-
hey thanks bro..4 of us in a family..im tinkin on buying sedans but i also need comfort and good fc of car to drive for long hours of driving.i dont yhink my civic can give me what i wan now..not to say that ciiic is a bad car but nvh is below average..rush seems to look stylish and comfort i think
Dear Guest,

Welcome.

Seems that a wagon-like car could solve your needs.
And if I assume you are looking at Rush price range (80K~90K), then how about Grand Livina 1.8?
It's got 7 seats, but you could unbolt the rear seat row and practically make it into a wagon (keep the rear seat at home as sofa).
It's easy to load up stuff, coz it has sedan height.
It's got good suspension for ride comfort & NVH, and the noise is quieter than on Avanza/Rush.
Not much buttons to play with, but you could add-on a nice DVD & Navigation for good entertainment.
Fuel consumption is average - ~15 km/L with comfort tyres (comfort/eco tyres are good for fuel econ and NVH, but may be bad for stopping distance). Travel distance on a full tank is about 400~550 km.
Choose the black interior, coz the beige one easily gets dirty.
If can, get window tint (3M) to protect UV rays which will damage the leather seats in future.

Cheers.

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
thanks ssiew..yes i do consider other suv for the moment and read a lot of review for my other option beside rush..

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Erm civic from which year?

Anyway, if 4 or even 5 of you, personally i'd stick with a sedan. 6 and I would change to MPV. But that's me. :)

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Even though the car is designed for 7 person,
the interior is a bit tight, for 7 adults. More like 5 adults + 2 little adults.

Test drive a Rush, and bring along auntie, unker and kids to fully feel the car.

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
my concern is about nvh space and fc..my civic es 2003..nvh haiya very bad..2 housrs journey home with bad nvh..err...fc around 7km.l hiya

S.SIEW

Known Member
Sep 5, 2010
-
my concern is about nvh space and fc..my civic es 2003..nvh haiya very bad..2 housrs journey home with bad nvh..err...fc around 7km.l hiya

Toyota Rush is not all that 'superb' either in FC. You are looking at 9~10 km/L optimistic.
A used 2010~2011 Avanza/Rush could achieve that as well.

You might be open to consider 1~2 yr old used Rush? (saves you some cost in depreciation and fuel cost, and you get to replace tyres to eco/comfort type to gain more fuel savings when starting usage). Recommend you choose from Dec'10 batch onwards. They have dark interior fabric (less problematic for cleaning).

NVH & Comfort is just like Avanza.
Soft rear suspension (good for loading cargo & good uphill traction coz of RWD), but poor 3rd row seat comfort (bumpy).
NVH is generally OK for driver compartment (definitely better than '03 Civic), but not good at 3rd row seat.
Try test drive at outlet, and insist for min. 3 laps of the test drive route (they will grant you that). Ask your wife to try driving, while u switch between all the seats to judge NVH.

I suppose the ceiling aircon is a plus point as to why you would choose Rush. Other MPVs do not do rear aircon well except Avanza/Rush.

Cheers.

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Civic ES NVH is bad?? I'm starting to wonder if your car has problems such as worn out bearings or bad tyres.

Seriously, if you think the ES's NVH is bad, you should probably be looking at the latest civic onwards, in terms of category. Since this is the Toyota section, I'm suggesting Toyota Wish or Estima for people carriers and Camry as an upgrade to your ES. I'm with Wish for NVH and FC compared to the other two. :P

As the other forumers have mentioned, you definitely won't be happy with the Rush. Other options are to test drive the new Civic and also Altis (again, since this is the Toyota section).

Last edited:

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
suggest u go for WISH since it has good FC and good NVH (2009+ model) ya...also responsive...

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
yes..my brother in law drive the t.wish..and i tested it..nvh is kind of good..but the csr has long wheelbase..my civic haiyoyo..drive above 110 can fell the csr shaking..noises dont say la..tyre noises haoyoyo.
outside smell also can smell..my wira i dont think can smell from outside smell