Water leakage by the doors

maximum

Jan 13, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys

I realized if I park my car under rain, recently water leaks inside on passenger side in front. Now the driver side is the same.

1- I've seen people suggesting changing the rubber, How much does it cost?
2- Maybe because of changing the speakers. I changed them like 2 years ago, only now it starts leaking.
3- I heard that the water can leak from inside the door, which for me it seems to be the case, so I need to open the door and check (by purring water on the door and testing where the water goes). Any idea how to open the door cover? Is there anything tricky or hard to reassemble?

-Max

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
did u install new speaker ?...mine happened after install the speaker....just cover the hole with the original cover....open the cover is just easy....at the door holder there is one screw....unscrew it and open the cover....and there are 2 screw that hold the cover...unscrew it and its ready to open...

Last edited:

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
Remove coin holder by unscrew it, pull it out but it's quite thight at first..theres another 2 screws ..unscrew them, then pull the door panel there are hold by clips

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Open the door trim.sit inside the car n close the door.ask sumome to pour water on ur window,than u can clearly see where the water dripping from.if from speakers,cover the hole.I had d same problem.wat I did was,cover the whole speaker magnet wit sound proof and than screw it.if budget,wrap wit plastic

Last edited:

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
yup...
common issue with neo if u change the door speakers...

hahaha
mine leak too after changing speakers...

resolved it by applying soundproofing/those sticky black thingy around the speakers mount...

todacam

Jul 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I thought i could fix it myself ... but after opening it up, no way. Went to an audio shop instead.
The water drainage is directly on top of the speaker hole. really silly.

PM me i can direct you to the audio shop i went. job well done. no more leaks.

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
I thought i could fix it myself ... but after opening it up, no way. Went to an audio shop instead.
The water drainage is directly on top of the speaker hole. really silly.

PM me i can direct you to the audio shop i went. job well done. no more leaks.
u got picture?

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
hey i had a similar problem.
I think my floor got hole or something,
It's wet on the carpet but not through doors.
I checked. Even though like this, I don't even know how to tell SC.
maybe from aircon water

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear seefu's over here

May dad is currently looking for a Audi A6 C4(2.0L) model or a Volvo 940GL after spending around 30 years on japanese cars. Since he's new to continental cars, he's not sure of the maintenance, reliability, as well as pro's and con's of these two cars. As far as i personally browsed the net, i could not find any clear picture for these two cars. Hope seefu's here can help to provide some knowledge on this matter. Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience