Gauging interest on plasti dip

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Awesome! Insight Club also started dipping their grille's already. Actually 1st coat dont need to be heavy or even...as long as about 50% transparency, the other coats will cover it up. At the last coat i like to apply a slightly heavier one, but thats my preference... So the spray speed is slowed down by half of the regular pass.
Thanks!

So, 1st 3 coats just make a quick spray? My at 1st I thought is gonna be rough, but after 2 days, when I touched, still acceptable but of course not as smooth as the panel that you plastidip inside your car...that is super smooth...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Yeah, after a few times experimenting, you'll achieve that texture... it takes getting used to. speed, distance, amount per layer...hehe...spray more!

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Gonna check out the base black and blaze purple soon. Looks like I gotta go to Ace Sunway as I did not come across this stuff while looking for a heat resistant spray in Ace The Mines last week.

Any idea on roughly how many can of PD I need on 4 pcs of lower door trim?

Thanks a lot PocketRocket for introducing such a nice product to us.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
SupraFan : You didn't newspaper behind your grill? So sprayed onto the manifold or whatever that's there?

I want to plastidip my car decals, but I've been stalling cuz I can't figure out how to clean the car. I heard that normal microfiber won't work too well so what should I use if I wanna do this?

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Haven't been to ACE Hardware lately. Have ACE restocked their plastidip or have to source from pocroc? Just gonna go for spray can first before indulging myself with the dip.

If the peeling part is gonna fun, its just gonna be like me popping those bubblewraps non stop :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SupraFan : You didn't newspaper behind your grill? So sprayed onto the manifold or whatever that's there?

I want to plastidip my car decals, but I've been stalling cuz I can't figure out how to clean the car. I heard that normal microfiber won't work too well so what should I use if I wanna do this?
Yup, I did put newspaper behind the grille, after removing it, not much on the newspaper but
still better to protect other parts from oversprayed.

Yes, microfiber cloth won't work cuz it will ruin your plastidip and will leave some fibres
on the plastidip, in short just not suitable.

Got to use Dipwasher from Dipyourcar.com. Some sort of rubberized cloth that is
really suitable for plastidip. I have no idea where to get it for the moment.

Maybe I'll try to find something similar which is rubberized cloth to see if it works
other than importing the dipwasher all the way from US.

How to Wash PlastiDip - DipYourCar.com Introduces the Dip Washer - YouTube

Haven't been to ACE Hardware lately. Have ACE restocked their plastidip or have to source from pocroc? Just gonna go for spray can first before indulging myself with the dip.

If the peeling part is gonna fun, its just gonna be like me popping those bubblewraps non stop :rofl:
Yup, easily peel off...but just have to be thick enough to peel off easily, if some parts
are not coated with enough layer, is kinda a bit hard to remove. Take longer time.
Something like peeling off some dry skin on your skin :rofl:

Is there any grey colour plastidip? Would like to get 1-2 bottles wuwuwu...
Didn't realised any, saw Red, White, Black. Other colours like Blue, Yellow and etcs come
in sealed cans unlike the black and white where it has a spray head. Not much choices of
colors if u were to compare with what you see in their website.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
yalor...not many choices here. Moreover black always kena sapu by we know who =P hahahaha
PockRock!!! Faster bring in Plastidip hahaha we support you

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yalor...not many choices here. Moreover black always kena sapu by we know who =P hahahaha
PockRock!!! Faster bring in Plastidip hahaha we support you
:rofl: Now makes it two who sapu PlastiDip...Me and PocRoc :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Looks like synthetic chamois. Have you tried cleaning/wiping with a chamois?
No bro, dare not do anything to it yet as per advised not to wash the car for at least
5 days to a week after plastidipped by a professional Plastidipper in here :biggrin:

But as per advised by dipyourcar.com owner, I think I'll try to find rubberized cloth 1st,
if not then will try as per suggest by you bro. Chamois.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

dun sapu all lor...leave one for me pleaseeeeeee
If I leave it there, no chance for u to get already, cuz others will sapu :rofl:

Jan 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
just wondering..
as the Plasti Dip is so hard to find, what if we contact the supplier, and share the price as much as u want?
for example, i've obtained the distributor price for Plasti Dip.. but they said that the best value would be ordering a pallet, which is 2000 cans of aerosol spray can type.. the shipping cost is cheaper..
they also mentioned that minimum order value is USD 2000, approximately 230 cans, more or less.. but the shipping cost is half from the cost of shipping a pallet..
for sure i won't be needing that much of Plasti Dip, and i dont have the time to sell those, if i want to be a distributor..
what if, if u need 10 cans of spray, u just bought the lot of 10 cans using the distributor price?
and myself, i need maybe 50 cans, so total would be 60 cans.. and find more people to buy them until we meet the minimum order or a whole pallet..
or else, if anybody have the budget, u can just bring in the whole thing by yourself, and sell it here..
if anybody interested, do PM me your email, and i will send u the price list..
thanks..
p/s : just hate the effort of going to Ace Hardware outlets, but could not find one..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I thought of importing Gallons of the plastidip, thought of doing up the whole car but too bad is illegal
to ship those in big gallons in and it wont be cheap even if they allow to ship in with our country taxes...

Not only the paint, the spray gun and other equipment needed to spray a car.

So, the only way is to do it through Cans of Plastidip which I'm waiting for advice from dipyourcar.com on
whether it is possible to do it by buying lots and lots of Spray Cans.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bros in ZTH... i nid some help......my car will jerk for 1 moment suddenly sometimes like wan to mati when normal drive or idle....when i maintain constant speed also will jerk and exhaust sometimes will also sound "bob bob" like it does during idle..... when i accelerate and boost, it will like my engine running too lean and car jerk for a while, i dunno why, my car have tuned using emanage blue just 1 month ago and if a/f ratio already too lean, why i can boost here boost there in this 1...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience