Rupes Bigfoot

mie77

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Came across this "latest" random orbital polisher from Rupes, Italy, while doing my "research" to replace my 3D DA polisher. Been reading the detailing forums and YouTubing it and been impressed with it's performance and ease of usage. The 15' is more towards my "capability" while the 21' is great for tackling larger panels. I've emailed the local distributor asking whether they've stocked it here and get the pricing from them. So anybody read or tried them before..??

Attachments

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
*in advertisement voice* Coming soon near you.....

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
*advertisement* Coming soon near you.....
Do u mean that he is somehow advertising and might be warned by mods, or there will really be advertisement coming to us lol...coz I'm interested in this machine also and would like to know the price. I dun think he is advertising bah...just sharing and asking for opinions?

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
hahaha...sorry...sorry for the confusions. I was just making a joke like in those advertisement voices that we commonly hear saying "coming soon near you". What I really meant to say is that this machine is coming to our shore soon. Not advertising it, but just stating some news that I heard.....

Sorry OP if there's any misunderstanding...I didn't mean it to sound that way.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

I've edited my post

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha...sorry...sorry for the confusions. I was just making a joke like in those advertisement voices that we commonly hear saying "coming soon near you". What I really meant to say is that this machine is coming to our shore soon. Not advertising it, but just stating some news that I heard.....

Sorry OP if there's any misunderstanding...I didn't mean it to sound that way.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

I've edited my post
lol .. Coming into cinemas near you. The RPM seems abit low isnt it? compared to Bosch. I just feel that the higher the rpm, the more cutting ability it has.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
But....2.5mm throw against 15mm/21mm throw....NO MATCH!!! Hehe...just speculations. Haven't tried it yet. Can't wait to test it when it arrives....

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
You just can't resist can you....hahaha....Anyway...CONGRATULATIONS eohl79!!!

Now, the question is, to do or not to do before CNY....hahahah....

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You just can't resist can you....hahaha....Anyway...CONGRATULATIONS eohl79!!!

Now, the question is, to do or not to do before CNY....hahahah....
Already tested few hours after I got it. Just couldnt resist it. Man baby Sasquatch is a smooth and easy to use tool.... Wayyyy too easy to use. Learning curve of the tool is not an issue at all. Only tried with LC white flat pads with Sonax perfect finish. Have not tried the Rupes pad yet. Another observation is I am using lesser product on the work area. Thing because of less heat, the polishing oil/lube is not heating up and thinning/vaporizing. Can't tell too much thus far as I would need to spend more time using it. No pressure at all to the machine when working... Just guide it across the surface that's all. This is great as it takes another variable out of the so called tool technique/usage. So easy... Couldn't believe it. No carpal tunnel problems to my wrists... Almost flawless...

Sorry cant disclose pricing. Special pricing from distributor. He is not making a cent out of it and even at a loss. Check the international pricing of other resellers + shipping and you get the ball park figure.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
We were informed that the INDICATIVE retail price for the Rupes are around:
LHR15ES - RM1,8xx
LHR21ES - RM1,9xx
LHR75 - RM????
......excl. shipping.

Last edited:

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ok... Just got official info from the REGIONAL distributor of Rupes. Take note that I am not getting a penny for this nor am I associated with the distributor. Just friends only.

Regional distributor is none other than the renowned detailer, AbsoluteGloss. First batch all sold out... Next batch should be around mid to end of March. PM him directly at [email protected]

Official pricing as to date is:
LHR15ES - RM1860
LHR21ES - RM1990

Should be all 230V like mine... Pricy yes but seriously a good machine.

Last edited:

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Last edited:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Who is this Todd Copperider guy? :p
I feel u man...*sob*...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where to get tyres cheap + good?
any recommendation for tyre shop around klang valley?

currently need to replace 1 piece cuz bocor at the side :P
using silverstone kruiser n1 195/50/15 currently.. dont mind buying back the same one as i am quite satisfied with it..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience