22ple Coating : First Brand New Unregistered Honda Civic

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Coming soon

Will compile and post this post tomorrow as the coating requires 24hours to drop some jaws ;)

Had been working on this for 3 days 2 nights while having high fever and flu. Hardcore I am hahaha!

Last edited:

KrisMas

Known Member

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Wah...stepping up on the 'coating' ladder I see....hehehe.....

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
I only opt for the best for my company and my customers thats why we are still the slightly superior than road side wash =S but we aint got no fancy setup and lots of disciples. Furthermore, we dont manipulate.

KrisMas, well if we stay at one spot and one spot alone, we will never grow and we will never be better. Right?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I only opt for the best for my company and my customers thats why we are still the slightly superior than road side wash =S but we aint got no fancy setup and lots of disciples. Furthermore, we dont manipulate.

KrisMas, well if we stay at one spot and one spot alone, we will never grow and we will never be better. Right?
Wah! awaiting your post......:driver:

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Thanks bro

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Thanks bro. Tmr wait sun come out only can shoot the pictures

LesleyAprotto

Banned

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Wah! ?

Only 30ml can do whole car meh ?

Older cars can do ah?:listen:

Or only meant for new cars?:confused:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
s1tl: wah..... new coating. Interesting indeed.

can't wait to see the end results.

KrisMas

Known Member

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Most definitely

Wah! ?

Only 30ml can do whole car meh ?

Older cars can do ah?:listen:

Or only meant for new cars?:confused:
I used more or less around 20ml to coat the whole of my Chery Eastar (paint only) with the front portion (bonnet and fenders) taking on two coats.

Any paints can be coated, regardless of age. Just need to prep properly, that's all.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Most definitely

I used more or less around 20ml to coat the whole of my Chery Eastar (paint only) with the front portion (bonnet and fenders) taking on two coats.

Any paints can be coated, regardless of age. Just need to prep properly, that's all.
You don't prep properly, then coat in all the swirls and scratches......:banghead:

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
sorry guys today havent free to compile the post. will get it done soon. its already half way done compiling but not full yet

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Presents to you, 22PLE ultra hard real glass caoat on the all new 2013 Honda Civic. As you can see the seat wrappers are still on. The car is so new it has no roadtax and no number plate yet! Straight from the warehouse!

Upon Arrival, we got the parked in a cozy covered*porch*to let the paint cool down as it was about 40°C *today, special attention is required when dealing with Honda's soft clear coat.

As you can see, the seat wrappers is still intact. It was in a rather clean condition but we had to be sure.

As we were waiting for the surface to cool down, we inspected the surface.

We did some sun inspection, sun never hide anything

Spotted some holograms on the way too!

LED inspection and we found some light swirls too. Proven that the car has been polished and waxed

Some RIDs found on the bonnet too.

Evidence of improper post delivery procedures. Wax or Polish residue, we didn't taste it so we couldn't be sure.

Since Honda clear coat's are extremely soft and fragile we decided not to start with a rotary correct but instead we tried correcting with a dual action polisher on a finishing pad.

Illustration shows the first pass of correction

Second pass of correction and we were able to get a perfect finish.

We did some extras while we were resting. Something new call PlastiDipping

PlastiDipped the front chrome grill and emblems

Smoked the taillights and tail emblems...and now for some effects of coating pictures
We tried to replicate rain but it didn't work too well but the water still beads. Rain water beadings looks much better. We will try to update when it rains. We found that the surface is extremely hydrophobic ;also its rather hard to capture the water beadings as the water droplets does not stay for long, it just slips away.

Ultimately, its the extremely reflective surface after the glass coating. As we know glass is extremely reflective, hence imagine glass on your paint. Its rather hard to show the real life glossy look but this is the closest we can capture on the camera as we don't have a dslr on the spot.

Thanks for reading.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience