blacktop Manual convert to auto?

kampret

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Hi sifu and friends,

Currenty i am using engine manual blacktop...but my wife want me to change to auto transmision...pening!pening!! need advice ...i am suppose to change the transmisiion only or need buy a new halfcut to change the engine?if i changed to auto..is that a lot of cost and problem?or better buy new halfcut cost araound 7-10k to convert back?

:adore:please...please....give me a suggestion...kalau tak...:stupid: rasa nak letgo jer kete ni....argghhhh!!!!

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Bro, just need to get an svt/bt auto gear box(market price around RM600) & exchange ur current BT Manual ECU to Auto Ecu, pay labour, problem solve:)

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Changing from manual to auto shouldn't be much of a hassle compared to changing from Auto to Manual. In my case, still pening whether to get a new halfcut terus / just the transmission and parts as well.

If taking halfcut of course cost more. But, who knows I might be able to find some awesome treasure in the halfcut that I have purchased :rofl:

By the way, is it your first car or only car in your household?

If you have the financial capacity, instead of changing the transmission just opt for a cheaper automatic car.

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
1 question ...im using a ST with T50 gb but if wan change to auto gb got ?
Bro same as the reply above, most important thing will be the ECU, cause SVT/BT auto g.box control by 4AGE AUTO ECU.

I miss out 1 important thing too, the g.box mounting for manual & auto different also. So need replace the mounting.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Bro.. just find some1 to exchange with u, i'm sure there r plenty out there willing to exchange A/T for M/T.

List of thing to change...
1) Gb, driveshaft, all hardware that attach to Gb.
2) Pedal, shifter, meter
3) wiring ECU
4) Radiator

I may left out something... but that's about it.

kampret

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks sifu and friend...last time i got problem with my ECU and now i am using auto blacktop ECU coz my pomen said it better...i only have one car ...hehehe...tak mampu nak 2-3 kete.Cost is around 4 k?Ermm...is good to me coz i dont have much money...

by the way my pomen said better buy auto halfcut (engine N model wagon)..he saidlaa...it suitable for my car ..he saidlaaa ..but i cant find out in WEBSITE...cost ermmmm...really make me shock!! :banghead: around 7-8k after convert(Last time convert same cost)...but he said if i want change the AT cost about 5.5k...need more adviseeeeeeee....

do you know which pomen area balakong @ cheras can do this? my pomen is too bz with many cars in his workshop..

Last edited:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Go to bandar tek kajang cari ah ngah 0127048869.

kampret

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Go to bandar tek kajang cari ah ngah 0127048869.

Thanks bro...ermm..ah ngah ni chinese pomen yer?dia mmg bese ngan enjin 4 throtle hek?
sorry bro...banyak tanya plk saya ni?hehehe..bukan apa senang nanti nak bercerita ngan dia..:proud:

ada sesapa lagi yang nak bagi suggetion?

MORAL ... kawan2 tak mau lawan...heheheheh:burnout:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
I say he is toyota king in kajang... haha....

kampret

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
appreciated for your help...i ll call him for more info..

Thank you bro..

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Yep Ah Nga has been dealing with 4ages way back in the late 90s and early 2000s. Well, that was when I frequently visit his shop back then. Reminds me when I came to his shop one of the rollas had BT with Turbo lol. Not sure how long he has been fiddling and playing with 4ages lol. Hmm, I think I might pay him a visit when I have the time haha.

Hey dayline do you have his workshop address?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
find another BT owner with auto & swap it over

i'm sure lots of people here wanna swap

just pay for workmanship :biggrin:

kampret

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
hi friends,

just wanna know about engine wagon N spec...is that a power engine,or just a ordinary engine?do you all know about this engine?

Thank Buroq for asking Dayline about the address..hehehe..it very helpfull..

D7zul...thanks for your advice? r u sure a lot of owner want to change?sapa nak tukar angkat tangan....i will think about it..

If i change the tranmission ..i still need to go to endorce?same as i change the engine?