Adding 2T as petrol additives...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
about 100ml for 60L tank. Don't dare to put more as afraid the diesel pump will fail like Mazda fuel pump. Don't really remember the name but it was RM20+ from Shell per L.
I whack 200ml in 55 liter petrol tank....:biggrin:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Danial,

I think you are absolutely right!

No further commento.....:wavey::itsme:
Lesley - crossing over to such unproductive and unconstructive comments again? I have been keeping a close eye on this topic. Seems everyone's testing and having a feel of it.. your comment is a total close ended remark. Please be constructive.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
from what i know is that 2T is a lubricant not an octane booster.therefore it will give a bad effect on the combustion(for 4 strokes).however the reason it use in 2-strokes engine because 2-strokes engine doesnt have lubricant tank below the engine.
Sorry, i didnt know that this thread is not an open discussion thread,

I think everyone should say yes to this adding 2T idea here...:rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

KNN, after test, both 2T and Torco RCL can't solve the diesel engine sound. 2T may be able to reduce a minor bit but just not worth it.
Maybe what you meant was we are not suppose to post our opinion?

Just be your YES man?:confused:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
CSL. 100ml is very less. I'm using 250ml to a full tank..maybe you can try 200ml as VR tested and see....you need to get the ratio right. I also did trial and error for the 1st few times because I also don't dare to dump too much...add in bit by bit.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry, i didnt know that this thread is not an open discussion thread,

I think everyone should say yes to this adding 2T idea here...:rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Maybe what you meant was we are not suppose to post our opinion?

Just be your YES man?:confused:
Bro. Lesley,
I think you are getting it all wrong. It is an open discussion, but from your post I think you did not even try the 2T out, right? If you have tried like bro csl and found it negative, by all means post your negative comment. But if you have not, then what is there to post?
We are here to exchange info, learn from one another. I search the web and never take anyone one post seriously. I compile the data, read the information, digest it and decide for myself. Even before I added the 2T into my tank, I did not do so just because bro. BlackHowling and others say it is okay. In fact I search the web for others who have tried and read their comments too. If you look back I did post some of the comments from other website here. So I did some homework too, before trying, and not blindly jump into it.
Even many call me a tyre sifu, but I have still a lot to learn in that industry. Yes, I may know more on tyres then others, but knowledge is never ending. Always have to keep updated, new technology and so on.....cheers.....:wavey::driver:

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

CSL. 100ml is very less. I'm using 250ml to a full tank..maybe you can try 200ml as VR tested and see....you need to get the ratio right. I also did trial and error for the 1st few times because I also don't dare to dump too much...add in bit by bit.
Bro TR, I have 3 rides. 2NA and 1 turbo. 1st NA I tried 100ml, no feel, then 2nd NA I try 200ml also no feel. I think because 1st NA requires Ron93 and 2nd NA Ron91 only, so probably no feel.
However for the turbo have tried Ron95 before and cannot run, even tried mixing 95 & 97, also cannot run. Then add additives to Ron95, so far okay, that is why I want to try 2T.
So far 1st tank straight away put in 200ml. I have to try up to 3rd tank because when I switch to Ron95 last time from Ron97, the car develop problems only after the 3rd tank.....:hmmmm:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Bro. Lesley,
I think you are getting it all wrong. It is an open discussion, but from your post I think you did not even try the 2T out, right? If you have tried like bro csl and found it negative, by all means post your negative comment. But if you have not, then what is there to post?
We are here to exchange info, learn from one another. I search the web and never take anyone one post seriously. I compile the data, read the information, digest it and decide for myself. Even before I added the 2T into my tank, I did not do so just because bro. BlackHowling and others say it is okay. In fact I search the web for others who have tried and read their comments too. If you look back I did post some of the comments from other website here. So I did some homework too, before trying, and not blindly jump into it.
Even many call me a tyre sifu, but I have still a lot to learn in that industry. Yes, I may know more on tyres then others, but knowledge is never ending. Always have to keep updated, new technology and so on.....cheers.....:wavey::driver:

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Bro VR2 and ffriends alike,
Im not trying to be sarcastic or what...

Just want to let you know that I tried in some 15 or 20 years ago and found it to be totally useless
to pour in the 2T,

I also believe in the long run it will definitely affect your engine...

But there again its my own opinion, and I hope it will not hurt the feelings of those who said its good.
Its up to them, their engine, not mine....
If they are so sure of it, then I suggest they should say you all go ahead, pour it at such and such
quantity, anything goes wrong come look for me....

But what I see, they also not too confident, so be smarter, dont listen to hearsay....!:adore:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
how?work?
Wait, still on first tank.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Bro VR2 and ffriends alike,
Im not trying to be sarcastic or what...

Just want to let you know that I tried in some 15 or 20 years ago and found it to be totally useless
to pour in the 2T,

I also believe in the long run it will definitely affect your engine...

But there again its my own opinion, and I hope it will not hurt the feelings of those who said its good.
Its up to them, their engine, not mine....
If they are so sure of it, then I suggest they should say you all go ahead, pour it at such and such
quantity, anything goes wrong come look for me....

But what I see, they also not too confident, so be smarter, dont listen to hearsay....!:adore:
Bro., if you have tried before then just say so. Everything have it's pros and cons, and does not work for everyone.
Just like in petrol forum, some say Shell works for his/her ride, some BHP, and some Petronas.
Even in tyre forum, some will have good result and some may not, even with same tyre model, as these also depends on car setup, suspension etc.,

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wait, still on first tank.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Bro., if you have tried before then just say so. Everything have it's pros and cons, and does not work for everyone.
Just like in petrol forum, some say Shell works for his/her ride, some BHP, and some Petronas.
Even in tyre forum, some will have good result and some may not, even with same tyre model, as these also depends on car setup, suspension etc.,
So I just expressed my own opinion....

But some are sensitive enough to be offended.

Thats why I thought its a one sided discussion whereby only those who agree to pouring in the 2T can post....

Those whom dont agree can just watch, cannot comment, have some popcorn as Jakk said...

hahaha.....:wavey:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Round 2 of Lesley? :rofl:
Please dont bring this topic to other threads as well. Suspected something went wrong in this thread when you posted about 2T and Petrol dont mix...:hmmmm:

15 - 20 years ago..:hmmmm: You must be our seniors of the seniors then :idea:

Have never tried 2T, which is why I didnt come in and comment much but just read :biggrin: cuz nothing
to comment from me but just observe and learn :smile:

Last edited:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
If a person has negative views towards this experiment please share your thoughts and experience as to why u are against it as those who has used it shared their views and experience on it. Not taking cheap shots and post close ended remarks and "enough said" sorta stuff. Be constructive. I have repeatedly used the phrase be constructive.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
guys...back to topic please.

LA...whats yr proof that 2T will affect the engine in the long run? how much was yr tested ratio in what ron petrol? what petrol brand? what 2T brand? what engine n what car? what loads? 15-20 years ago have ron 92 right? did you use that ron level? can please elaborate on yr definition of totally useless and further elaborate on what made u come to a final conclusion that it will defintely affect yr engine. in what way will it affect yr engine? piston ring premature wear? sleeve premature wear? metal errosion? fuel pump failure? injector? carb failure? once again on what engine? aluminum block? iron block?

VR2turbo...waiting for yr test results. i have bad knocking with ron95 too but dun dare to pour in 2t as engine not in the best of health right now...at least till i source for a replacement head.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So I just expressed my own opinion....

But some are sensitive enough to be offended.

Thats why I thought its a one sided discussion whereby only those who agree to pouring in the 2T can post....

Those whom dont agree can just watch, cannot comment, have some popcorn as Jakk said...

hahaha.....:wavey:
Nope, I don't think the forum goes that way. If you think that way then better just keep quiet and not post at all. As in my post I already mention this is 1st tank trial and I had problems when using Ron95 in my turbo after 3rd tank. Well, if after my 3rd tank fails, I am just going to say that as a few members are waiting for the feedback too. Of course, I am hoping for it to pass then I can use this cheaper 2T as additive rather than the more expensive octane booster that I am using....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

guys...back to topic please.

LA...whats yr proof that 2T will affect the engine in the long run? how much was yr tested ratio in what ron petrol? what petrol brand? what 2T brand? what engine n what car? what loads? 15-20 years ago have ron 92 right? did you use that ron level? can please elaborate on yr definition of totally useless and further elaborate on what made u come to a final conclusion that it will defintely affect yr engine. in what way will it affect yr engine? piston ring premature wear? sleeve premature wear? metal errosion? fuel pump failure? injector? carb failure? once again on what engine? aluminum block? iron block?

VR2turbo...waiting for yr test results. i have bad knocking with ron95 too but dun dare to pour in 2t as engine not in the best of health right now...at least till i source for a replacement head.
Well, I did not test it 20years ago, but testing it in my 20years old car.......:rolleyes: hahahaha:rofl:

Yup, after 3rd tank if okay, then I will be using. If not, then back to my octane booster....:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hope to hear good review from you

my car is new, only near 4k on the milleage, only reason im trying is because i want the engine to be clean
You want your engine to be clean? Do what I do and only use fully synthetic oils and change very regularly every 8000km. Then every two services pour in some flush when changing the oils.

Your internals will be very clean.