my ff experience with my fr altezza lol

bollinger

Jul 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well .... last night i almost crash twice on genting but was thinking i've been a bad boy this year and santa cant carry a half cut to me so i tried my very best to counter steer and save my babe .

anyway just wanna share how i felt about driving a FR layout car with over confidence of many years ff driving up genting in a fr car . totally totally turned my from hero to noob , my tezza last night was like a wild horse trying to kick the rider out of the saddle . of course the logical thinking would be drive my car slowly , get to know more about my new car ...... but as the driver ego kick in ........ u know ......

yes so i floored my pedal trying to chase my friend in ek9 and the road condition was wet . back then with my ff car it doesnt bother me as long as in get the car balanced before entering a corner and floor all the way after the apex and do not upset the balance of the car will do fine . so i did it on my fr tezza , and yes exactly what you guys think ....... over steer , back sliding , my tezza suddenly love to dance cha cha . the first over steer almost hit the wall but i firgure out becuz i was too aggressive at the exit , the i tried again then i over steer (i was going 110kmph around there )at the stretch going downhill at the uphill climb .

and my advice for pro ff drivers getting fr cars with no fr experience ....... fr cars will kill u if u only have ff experience ...... control ego .... lol . please share some tips in controlling fr thanks . please dont ask me to drift before i can learn how to control it .

bollinger

Jul 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah thats what i tot .

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

really felt like an idiot trying to fly before i walk lol

pandaB

Known Member
Feb 9, 2005
FF to 4WD also diffrent style edy of drive. what more a FR. learn slo bro. hehehe.

thomadyeoh

Jul 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
genting was wet last night......spun my car in a not so fast uphill corner. wearing 30% left parada....
my fault..

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

genting was wet last night......spun my car in a not so fast uphill corner. wearing 30% left parada....
my fault..

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

my fault..

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
So Bolinger, u like more of FR or FF Now? Hehehe...
I've been with mine for 3 years and am still learning to tame her wild side.

intrigue

Known Member
Jan 2, 2004
normally for FR, cannot full throttle out of corner ma unlike FF. FR is full throttle masuk corner right?

ps: not sure i'm correct. Pls enlighten me as i drive FF car and normally try to minimize understeer and pick the apex line, downshift and WOT.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
well .... last night i almost crash twice on genting but was thinking i've been a bad boy this year and santa cant carry a half cut to me so i tried my very best to counter steer and save my babe .

anyway just wanna share how i felt about driving a FR layout car with over confidence of many years ff driving up genting in a fr car . totally totally turned my from hero to noob , my tezza last night was like a wild horse trying to kick the rider out of the saddle . of course the logical thinking would be drive my car slowly , get to know more about my new car ...... but as the driver ego kick in ........ u know ......

yes so i floored my pedal trying to chase my friend in ek9 and the road condition was wet . back then with my ff car it doesnt bother me as long as in get the car balanced before entering a corner and floor all the way after the apex and do not upset the balance of the car will do fine . so i did it on my fr tezza , and yes exactly what you guys think ....... over steer , back sliding , my tezza suddenly love to dance cha cha . the first over steer almost hit the wall but i firgure out becuz i was too aggressive at the exit , the i tried again then i over steer (i was going 110kmph around there )at the stretch going downhill at the uphill climb .

and my advice for pro ff drivers getting fr cars with no fr experience ....... fr cars will kill u if u only have ff experience ...... control ego .... lol . please share some tips in controlling fr thanks . please dont ask me to drift before i can learn how to control it .
so, is this silliness? bragging? show-off? Ego-over-logic? confession? luck?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
normally for FR, cannot full throttle out of corner ma unlike FF. FR is full throttle masuk corner right?

ps: not sure i'm correct. Pls enlighten me as i drive FF car and normally try to minimize understeer and pick the apex line, downshift and WOT.
theoretically speaking it is correct from what my friend told me too:

FF cars: slow in, fast out

FR cars: fast in, slow out

but it depends also on the car behavior and set up I believe

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
4WD = fast in, fast out?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there anyone can tell the difference in handling feel between this two type of suspension? I thought I couldn't tell but my nerve told me otherwise. It is subtle. I couldn't describe the difference. Aside to say multi-link handles better, I can just say I like the feel more. (The cars I tested in question are Civic EJ and Perdana vs FD2.)

With Honda discarding the front double wishbone setup for McPherson, it had said in one of its statements that drivers wouldn't be able to feel the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience