NISSAN GTR R35 tyre problem :'(

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The OE tyres on the GTR are Runflats. Probably you can get cheaper by using non runflats......

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Dear gtrmaniac,

Don't worry my friend, most of the people here are hardcore speedfreaks so naturally they will be surprised if anyone wants to go for smaller rims and brakes.

As to my offer, I am more than happy to swap my setup with yours with absolutely no cost to you.

The Lexus Ls430 rims are 17x7.5 with ET45 and PCD 5x114.3 so should fit absolutely fine. The calipers are 4-cylinder with 315mm rotors so should be fine as well. I should say the pads are brand new Tom's pads.

The beauty of this setup is the superb economy it offers. You should also see great gains in fuel economy and comfort!

Looking forward to hear from you.

Many thanks :)

what about safety ? can stop properly?

will it interfere with the electronics?

confort? what tyres? tried and tested on a GTR before?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
what about safety ? can stop properly?

will it interfere with the electronics?

confort? what tyres? tried and tested on a GTR before?
What I know if the overall diameter is change as close as possible to the original size, then the traction control and whatever will still run.
If 17", probably 255/55R17. This size also have very little choices on tyres and with 7.5J rims, this is the widest it can go as this 255/55 minimum rim width is 7.5J and best is 8 to 8.5J....:driver:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yup..it's not about us being speed freaks. Safety is the issue here.

The problems regarding electronics notwithstanding, there's also the issue of weight (if not speed, since you mentioned you only drive at 120km/h). At 1.7 ton, it's a hell of a heavy beast. Reducing the braking power AND reducing the traction available with cheaper and smaller tire sounds like a bad idea, no matter how you cut it.

Surely someone with a background in engineering can understand this issue....right?

damian

Apr 22, 2005
your r35 is stock standard?

why do your pictures show a hks800 car under the hood and at the rrear diffuser? with aftermarket exhaust?

why do your pictures show the car already running aftermarket rims?

why do your pictures show a mines carbon front splitter that already costs 24k?

i dont believe those are pics of your car coz i know that particular car in the pics you posted.

grow up-lar..

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

gobiz, dont get your hopes too high, even as polite as you're trying to be instead of shouting dumbass whilst laughing...

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
Do keep in mind it's not just a brake and wheel change...u hv to take a lot of things into account like custom brake hoses, brackets, hand brake system, ABS and brake bias into account if changes are to be made to the GTR

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Do keep in mind it's not just a brake and wheel change...u hv to take a lot of things into account like custom brake hoses, brackets, hand brake system, ABS and brake bias into account if changes are to be made to the GTR
In the end, the conversion maybe cost more then RM10k.....:biggrin:

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru

why do your pictures show a hks800 car under the hood and at the rrear diffuser? with aftermarket exhaust?

i dont believe those are pics of your car coz i know that particular car in the pics you posted.

grow up-lar..

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

gobiz, dont get your hopes too high, even as polite as you're trying to be instead of shouting dumbass whilst laughing...
OMG!!! the return of HANRACING???!!!!! :banghead:

gtrmaniac

Dec 10, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

grow up-lar..

This car was bought from Japan by my brother, and it was modified with a HKS 800 kit. Why should i be going around telling everyone that my car has a HKS 800 kit? So what? And so what if my car has a Mines Carbon Front Splitter that costs 24k? So what? So what if it has a sticker? So what if it has a viper? So what if it has a scratch? What has that got to do with the question im trying to ask?
All i know is, when the car came from Japan, it was already equipped like that.
My brother bought the car, and it came with those type of rims. So i consider it standard rims, how the hell do i know whether he changed it or not? All i know those are the rims that came with the car when he bought it.
I dont know anything about cars , i was just driving a A-Class only only before this.
If you dont believe, maybe you can drop by Setiawangsa/Wangsa Maju/Ampang and i can show you the car? But errr, why should i even meet a total stranger just to prove my point? I dont think you are even on my level, you must be some college kid judging by the way you talk.
As i said, i dont know anything about cars man, im not interested in cars. I just love fashion and shopping , thats all.
Im working as a drilling ops superintendent at a famous offshore company.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

smaller brake doesn't pair well with ur Tuned by Mines Godzilla!!!!
This cars engine is tuned by HKS, NOT Mines.
The Mines stuff is just the exterior goodies, such as the
1)Mines front carbon fibre spoiler,
2)Mines carbon fibre air intake duct
3) Mines carbon fibre engine cover
4) Mines carbon rear wing cover
5) Mines diffuser

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As i said, i dont know anything about cars man, im not interested in cars. I just love fashion and shopping , thats all.
Im working as a drilling ops superintendent at a famous offshore company.
Then why are you bothered with keeping the car then? Go get something that tickles your shopping and fashion fancy then. Like a bright neon pink BMW 1 series hatchback.

And I happen to know quite a few offshore op sups. The O&G world is a small small world. Based on the way you talk you sound awfully young, so let me ask around to see if I can identify you. :biggrin: If you really are who you say you are.

Oh wait.. that's not the point of this thread.

Ok back to the GTR tyre problem. :sleep:

damian

Apr 22, 2005
So what? So what? And more so whats??

So u dah kena kantoi-lar... That's what!

How many ways do I have to say it? That's not your car coz I know the owner of this car and his name is not Sean, and neither did he go California...

Kee from Links knows this car very well. He installed all the stuff. Tom might wanna kaypoh a bit?

Btw I'm surprised u actually know its hks-tuned and not mines-tuned given that your interest lies with shopping and fashion, not tuned engines...

Continue digging boy! The bad smelling stuff is reaching your ears already...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HALO! guys! need a help!
i wan to change rear drum to brake disc,so wat size or car disc brake
can use in satria 1.3, did it need to change 15inch rim? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience