Achilles ATR Sport

mosh

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL
www.autoworld.com.my
i am comparing this with platinum as price is same but the groove look better and the spec is impressive in website ( longer writing .. heheh) same pricing too. and then i read the review about ATR sport.. much mixed review but hey, i am a man of practicality, so i wanted experience it myself.

I got some friend compliment it good on track during a mix dry wet condition ( after rain ) and hoping this sat night, it wont rain heavy or no rain at all. :shot:

previously i tried a pair of China made sagitar rapid p309 on track...... :banghead:

mosh

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL
www.autoworld.com.my
the china tyre well behave in a normal driving.. ( not aggresive driving, just normal cruizing,. pergi pasar ride.. speed below 90 )
the tyre will loose it grip during track temp and even you lower the air pressure it still hopeless. same as in wet. like ice skating..

maybe good for drift thou ? :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the china tyre well behave in a normal driving.. ( not aggresive driving, just normal cruizing,. pergi pasar ride.. speed below 90 )
the tyre will loose it grip during track temp and even you lower the air pressure it still hopeless. same as in wet. like ice skating..

maybe good for drift thou ? :driver:
Bro., drift is controlled skid.......:driver: but for skid play will be nice and cheap.....

xxixx

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
Anyone tried atr sport 2? Hows the noise level compare to atr sport?

mosh

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL
www.autoworld.com.my
my verdict :

tyre get heated really really fast.. even in wet.
i was on 27 and it went up to 40 in mins of whacking.

grip level on wet - depending on your pressure. i spin few times on track due. went as low as 25 then i got a decent grip.

a good tyre value for money but dont expect it perform like a RM250 above tyre..
maybe i was on a 60 series. 55 may be better.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my verdict :

tyre get heated really really fast.. even in wet.
i was on 27 and it went up to 40 in mins of whacking.

grip level on wet - depending on your pressure. i spin few times on track due. went as low as 25 then i got a decent grip.

a good tyre value for money but dont expect it perform like a RM250 above tyre..
maybe i was on a 60 series. 55 may be better.
Bro., sure from 27psi go up to 40psi, then it is overheating already....

ATR Sports have never been great in the wet....

180jin

Feb 21, 2010
USJ
that's a very big jump in tyre pressure. I started off with 30 psi and went up to 38 psi after some warming up, and this was on a dry and hot morning track day. Found that it works best at about 32-33 psi but that's on a Neo with 195/50. Maybe I'll try an even lower pressure next itme like u said.

40 psi is really high for a night track day. Maybe go easy a bit on the front scrubbing ?

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Anyone can advise comparison between Achilles 123 vs Achilles ATR K Sport. Not sure if the ATR K Sport got sell in our shores. Was thinking of purchasing Federal RS-R replacing my current R1R, however price for the RS-R is kinda ridiculous nowadays...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , i currently using 4g93 VDO engine . as we know , the downside of VDO is the tuning part because of it cant attached with piggyback and other ecu unless changing the wiring to the MMC version or use standalone management .
Im here to ask some ideas from sifu about modification of it without changing wiring or management .aim to get 140 whp .
current mod list : cam pulley(BOTH),fuel regulator,iridium spark plug,aerospeed plug cable,r3 extractor.
Thanksss :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience