Merz SLK200 Brake System to Myvi .

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, i wanna ask that can i fit the brake Caliper And Disc into a Myvi knuckle ?

I understand at it ill need a custom bracket , but the disc has 5-Lug Nut with PCD 112 .

Or i just went to buy a ready made oversize brake kit for Myvi are better option?

Thanks for any advance =)

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
Hey there bro..why u want to use the merc brake?im not sure whether it can fit or not..mainly people will convert to honda or toyota brake system and u can get it cheaper than ur customised brake system..nowadays they're selling honda prelude bb4 brake system about rm480–550 including bracket,and the brake pad price also quite reasonable..im running a bb4 brake system on my myvi now,so far no problem and satisfied with it..:driver:

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hey there bro..why u want to use the merc brake?im not sure whether it can fit or not..mainly people will convert to honda or toyota brake system and u can get it cheaper than ur customised brake system..nowadays they're selling honda prelude bb4 brake system about rm480–550 including bracket,and the brake pad price also quite reasonable..im running a bb4 brake system on my myvi now,so far no problem and satisfied with it..:driver:
look up "lan engineering" in mudah, he has a few 4pot big brakes with disc at his shop
located somewhere in pandan indah ampang.
Because i already upgrade my SLK brake system already so the stock one is left unused at the store room ..... If can i dont wanna waste it lo .

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
caliper brackets can be made...no problem...

u can have the rotor redrilled to the correct pcd...

only problem would be the rotor tophat aka rotor hub...gotta make sure its not too deep or too shallow.

n then of course theres the rim clearance

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
rim hard to find 112/expensive then you have to stick to merc's rim only lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
SLK200 on a Myvi? Wah.. Interesting project!

1. You'd need to change the hub to a 5 spoke
2. Custom brake caliper bracket
3. Larger rims
4. Possibly upgraded brake servo as well?

And I'm just guessing the calipers are probably pretty heavy too. The Myvi's performance might be affected, unless you're driving the 1.5 version? Then maybe not so bad.

If you do go ahead with this, please document everything with photos! I wanna see this

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
dun forget to convert your rear to disc brakes as well.. else car will nose dive when you press the brake and drift if you hit e-brake.. personally experience that before in my previous picanto with RVR brakes conversion and rear drum.. car drifted during rain when i hit e-brake.. luckily nothing happened..

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
SLK200 on a Myvi? Wah.. Interesting project!

1. You'd need to change the hub to a 5 spoke
2. Custom brake caliper bracket
3. Larger rims
4. Possibly upgraded brake servo as well?

And I'm just guessing the calipers are probably pretty heavy too. The Myvi's performance might be affected, unless you're driving the 1.5 version? Then maybe not so bad.

If you do go ahead with this, please document everything with photos! I wanna see this
dun forget to convert your rear to disc brakes as well.. else car will nose dive when you press the brake and drift if you hit e-brake.. personally experience that before in my previous picanto with RVR brakes conversion and rear drum.. car drifted during rain when i hit e-brake.. luckily nothing happened..
I ill have some measurement 1st to ensure the caliper will clear the 15" rims 1st , if not i ill just install the ready made brake kit from Honda .

Will update at here =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For the first time ever, the legendary Lisbon-Dakar rally has been cancelled. Individual stages have been cancelled before but never the entire rally. Dakar organizer ASO has decided to cancel the race due to terrorist threats from Mauritania. The rally was to run from Lisbon, Portugal to Dakar, Senegal from January 5-20.

Mauritania, formerly a French colony, and the ASO (Amaury Sport...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience