.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
need to have few opinions on my next exhaust setup.. i hve a kancil turbo with td04. currently exhaust setup is 2'' from manifold to mid + bullet. mid bullet to end with 1.5" + silencer. Pipe routing is using the standard route not straight pipe. This setup not suitable for the turbo bcoz the power very sluggish after 4k rpm. (boost start to come at 4k rpm also) so no happy boost in fact the high back pressure causing lots of gasket/oil seal leakage. I plan to redo the system with 2.5" or 3" all the way to back, follow the standard exhaust route with one bullet and one silencer. So any sifu here think this can be done and reduce the sluggishness? I hate loud exhaust sound thats y i dont buy muffler. (and HKS silent hi power is so damn expensive)

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i suggest to go for 2" from extractor (J pipe) straight or follow original route all the way to petrol tank,
from there 2.5" to muffler, remove the cat con/silencer.
u could go for other brand muffler not neccessary go for hks silent hi powe.

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
i suggest to go for 2" from extractor (J pipe) straight or follow original route all the way to petrol tank,
from there 2.5" to muffler, remove the cat con/silencer.
u could go for other brand muffler not neccessary go for hks silent hi powe.
afraid if remove the silencer will make the sound louder. Current setup is good for bersiar siar without any sound from the exhaust. Just like standard. I like sleeper car, cruising with low profile and have power when need it. Loud exhaust sound will disturb in cabin also.. You know la kancil is very small car with almost no sound proofing.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
The bigger the downpipe the louder the sound, 2.2-2.3 from front till rear is more then enough for td04, can use 2.5 s-flow for rear.

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
The bigger the downpipe the louder the sound, 2.2-2.3 from front till rear is more then enough for td04, can use 2.5 s-flow for rear.
the downpipe is for the wastegate isnt it? that one i just want to leave it there untouch.. the exhaust pipe that i concern about now. anyway, about the S flow, wouldnt it too much restriction and cause more back pressure?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the silencer already restricts airflow in your exhaust system.
if u want quieter sound either u stick with your silencer or as dayline mentioned get a s-flow exhaust.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
the downpipe is for the wastegate isnt it? that one i just want to leave it there untouch.. the exhaust pipe that i concern about now. anyway, about the S flow, wouldnt it too much restriction and cause more back pressure?
Downpipe is from turbo down, if stock decat it but keep the stock size. Keep the midpipe same size as the downpipe, as for the s-flow, big as 2.5 inch for big CC car should not be restricted for small CC of your engine.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Just wanted to ask, is there any problem if my exhaust got popping sound during downshift & sometimes upshift? I've deleted the resonator & change to performance exhaust last time....is it normal?

TIA

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Just wanted to ask, is there any problem if my exhaust got popping sound during downshift & sometimes upshift? I've deleted the resonator & change to performance exhaust last time....is it normal?

TIA
Normal for high performance engine on straight pipe especially turbo, fire spitting is common.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
nice mah got popping sound during upshift/downshifting.
Normal for high performance engine on straight pipe especially turbo, fire spitting is common.
Bro Danz,
Its surely nice if its a race car but mine is normal sedan car :biggrin:....sometimes feels like ahbeng popping like no one else business :banghead:

Bro Dayline668,
Probably ure right regarding the straight pipe only worries my engine in case got problem...btw, mine is NA engine...

Here's some clip recorded last nite but couldn't hear much from inside cabin :biggrin:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yWDi4wfLPfI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Stock will run bit rich untune, so popping is common on straight pipe.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
dayline, how to tune my car to have the popping sound?
Get it straight n running rich sure pop.:biggrin: But sometimes its very annoying especially highspeed cruising.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've noticed at the shops that the cheaper alarm systems don't
come with their own relay (they utilize the existing one), the
expensive ones do. does anyone know whether this factor is
important?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience