Race Spec Iswara

dancerface

Known Member
Dec 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hello guys,

Recently there was this blue iswara in the CTA track event, my friend told me the guy was running on stock carb 4g13 engine. I was totally shock when he said that he was fast on the track. I read a blog Getting It Bigger: A Ride With Johor Race Spec Saga , it was really stock and according the blogger they follow johor regulation where 13" tyres are used with stock brake systems and carb. I drive a stock LMST, and really really keen to know more and also trying to know the maximum potential of the car and engine.

Wish that all of you can share some info and knowledge with me!

Thanks abundance! :driver:

Shawn Ho

Jan 29, 2011
I saw the car at CTA, its really damn fast. I talked to him actually, its basically set up for a tighter course track like pasir gudang. Engine wise he didnt have an A/C unit. Totally strip out interior.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Perhaps dry oil sump, external water pump, removed aircon, lightweight car, and agressive tuning? I'd be surprised if the block was stock 1.3 as well. This car was giving other cars a run for their money at the CTA.

dancerface

Known Member
Dec 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It seems that according to the regulation, they can modify inside the engine :O but with 13inches and going fast on the track you really need to be skillful!

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
hey guys, i'm not sure if you remember this but many many years ago there used to be a whole lot of Proton Sagas racing at Pasir Gudang, JB. ALOT of good drivers racing similar specced Sagas and they really enjoyed themselves. Those cars went really quick as well.

Anyone remember the name of the event?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
hey guys, i'm not sure if you remember this but many many years ago there used to be a whole lot of Proton Sagas racing at Pasir Gudang, JB. ALOT of good drivers racing similar specced Sagas and they really enjoyed themselves. Those cars went really quick as well.

not really sure about what race in PG...but last time at bt3 they got "super saga" category....simply a saga turned into supercar with widebody and engine mods exceeding normal road modification... :adore:

and the news this year there's event to revive this old glory with newer formats and more grassroot friendly (affordable racing fee).....

Tribute For Super Saga - YouTube

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor

They call it JOHOR CLUBMAN RACE, if not mistake they using 1.5 carb instead of 1.3. 1 of the famous will be TOPSPEED Exhaust Racing team locate at Tmn Sentosa, J.B

guys, can check details here:
http://www.johorcircuit.com.my

Last edited:

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Yup, the race still on but car who took part less & less nowadays... sometimes quite enjoy as they drive like kereta langgar langgar:rofl:

share some previous pics:)

Attachments

Last edited:

iatebananas

Known Member
Oct 5, 2012
Petaling Jaya
I miss my old saga. it was one of the best cars i have owned... with a simple tune and overhaul on the 1.5 carbie + my P plate driving skills, i was eating sentras, vioses, cities, and what not. lol. The fugly bumper was cool back in 2005 i guess... but looks fugly to me now. :) and the rims. damn.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia VPCM has announced a price reduction on their new cars in light of the sales tax exemption which will take place from:

15th June till 31st December 2020

View attachment 578001

Locally assembled VWs:
  • Polo, Vento, Tiguan and Passat
Fully Imported VWs:
  • Golf, Golf R-Line, Golf GTI, Golf R
Sales tax exemption savings example:
  • RM3,881 – Tiguan
  • RM6,133 – Passat
  • RM4,884 – Golf R-Line
Below...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience