toyota LE engine

Jun 7, 2012
johor

I have a toyota LE 1984. Until now, my engine have a lot of problem..I'd done top overhaul, but still loosing engine oil even tho no leaking at the engine.
I just wanna share if any advice from you all which have expertise in this case, which one is better, do the overhaul or change the engine.
If anybody know where to get the used engine (standard 1.3 engine), can share with me.
Love the car...

Oct 12, 2012

I have a toyota LE 1984. Until now, my engine have a lot of problem..I'd done top overhaul, but still loosing engine oil even tho no leaking at the engine.
I just wanna share if any advice from you all which have expertise in this case, which one is better, do the overhaul or change the engine.
If anybody know where to get the used engine (standard 1.3 engine), can share with me.
Love the car...
why dun u chg a 4age 16v??1.6cc~~

amrancharger

Jul 19, 2006
changing engine is more better.
i changed mine to silvertop.but now engine start to leak also.
still trying to save money to fund project to overhaul this engine.
i guess its normal coz the silvertop already has high mileage on it...or mayb i was unlucky.

wat i am trying to say...changing to a new car will surely avoid u from facing this risks.

but its all up to u....i love my first car too much...even now i never regret changing the engine.

or if u want to maintain the original engine...maybe u can opt for rebuilt?but its gonna cost a bomb.dats wat i heard. :burnout: just my 2 cent.

any sifu pls correct me if im wrong...im still learning... :adore:

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
it depends on what u want..

if u want to maintain the engine, find a good mechanic!!

but if it was me, i'd change engine..

options are :

- 4E-FE from starlet.. 1.3L NA (PnP)
- 4E-FTE from starlet.. 1.3L Turbo (PnP)
- 4A-GE from Levin/Trueno.. 1.6L NA (lil mod on mounting)
- 4A-GZE from Levin/Trueno.. 1.6L Supercharge (lil mod & quite hard to find parts)

Gudluck :burnout:

want stock engine but with more power while enjoying cheap roadtax surely 4e-fte.....

want more common and easy to get performance part with slightly expensive roadtax get 4ag....stock engine was really reliable...

spoon civic

Jul 12, 2012
terengganu

Love the car...
the choice is in your hand...to rebuild maybe the cost is high with no guaranteed the same problem not occured,if u dont want to have an headache..better change your engine..just cjoose suitable engine thatmeet your requirement and also in your bdget range.....:driver:

beyond

Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
I have a LE too. Now in the workshop as well. Transplant to Blacktop bro. Satisfaction.

i had a LE before, engine was quite tough until it gave way & i dismantled the whole car
& sold parts by parts.

recomended engine 4agze supercharged blacktop.

iatebananas

Oct 5, 2012
LE + 4age blacktop = champ.

i had one with silvertop but the engine wasnt so reliable. had issues with the idling. air flow meter and what not.

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
if u wanna go 4AGE, better 1 shot get Blacktop..

SVT have many known problems..

i've own both engine.. & my vote goes to Blacktop.. :biggrin:

and the very important & the most important thing is GET A GOOD TOYOTA MECHANIC..

don't simply drop by a workshop & ask them to change engine for u..

Gudluck :burnout:

beyond

Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
Dont get supercharged. I m removing the 101 SC from my LE. Diff to find parts. If can find ...Bloody expensive.

aku_sangap

Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Dont get supercharged. I m removing the 101 SC from my LE. Diff to find parts. If can find ...Bloody expensive.
running 4agze ae92 version on my LE.....managed to find good mech in KL area..;)..so far, so good..:D....

p/s: what's wrong wif ur sc 101 engine bro??

beyond

Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
No la. Parts cost maintenance are quite expensive. Eg. Drive shaft. But mine converted to take in BT driveshaft and Gb.

GSR TURBO problem help me and how tu up boast with ma problem

hello bro may be u all can help me plz ya if u can do so...

so im driving GSR turbo engine,, all in standard specifikasi...

so what happen my wiring turbo gsr has wiring problem so the ecu GSR burn n bust(meletop)

so check the wiring cannot settle with the problem...

so what i did ,,i use back mine putra wiring n bought E-manage to settle ma problem... so settle all the problem

NOW what i wanna to know ...