What can i do with an AE90?

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Guys,

i plan to convert my old AE90 1.3 manual to a 1.6 auto. Anyone know of a good engine which i can convert? I am looking at roughly at an estimated budget of RM 5k +- for the whole engine conversion. 4 AGE, 4 throttle?

I was considering 4 throttle silvertop but i am unsure what is the current halfcut price)

(this does not include registration, brakes, piping etc... This is just the engine, servicing and installation)

the car is in BM, penang.

Thanks.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
zidane dude!

Why on earth do you want a 4-throttle auto? To utilize 4T most of the time you need to rev the bazookas outta the car to get into the powerband and with an auto you're gonna struggle man.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if u wanna auto, just find an auto gbox.. urs is carburetor right?

most people just throw it away.. u may get it for free if u're lucky :biggrin:

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
zidane dude!

Why on earth do you want a 4-throttle auto? To utilize 4T most of the time you need to rev the bazookas outta the car to get into the powerband and with an auto you're gonna struggle man.
Yo izso.

How u buddy?

The car belongs to my father in law. He cannot drive a manual car anymore. So I plan to convert it to auto. Yup. I am aware that I have to make it work hard for auto. Already checked with a mechanic 4 years ago in 1 of the most remote places in kedah. This is why I am capping it to rm 5k. I will thrash it once in a while.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

if u wanna auto, just find an auto gbox.. urs is carburetor right?

most people just throw it away.. u may get it for free if u're lucky :biggrin:
1.3 auto may not move the car. I dunno. 1.3 manual is already heavy for the car

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i think 4EFE auto from starlet is more suitable 4 ur dad in law..

plug n play i think

what's ur body code again?

if AE90, It's 1.6L.. A series engine

if EE90, It's 1.3L.. E series engine

(unless converted by prev owner)

i might be wrong..

iatebananas

Known Member
Oct 5, 2012
Petaling Jaya
4 throttle silvertop the afm very problematic and VERY rare... :) i had to buy 2 spares when i found them in the halfcut shop.
But the power is dam cun for manual lah... for me ill save abit more for the blacktop. auto or not it is still about 20bhp more than silvertop... far more worth it.

Pic of my old car.

Attachments

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Or just find a 4AFE auto, cheap n bullet proof...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Manual 4age blacktop is better. however if it is above your budget, Auto is still fine if you mod it nicely. Just not sure what my friend mod to his SEG with Blacktop 4Age, in fact did outrun a 6 Speed Manual Blacktop during a drag race.:adore:

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Manual 4age blacktop is better. however if it is above your budget, Auto is still fine if you mod it nicely. Just not sure what my friend mod to his SEG with Blacktop 4Age, in fact did outrun a 6 Speed Manual Blacktop during a drag race.:adore:
Thanks bro for the experience. I won't modify to that extent. But maybe just enuff for it to accelerate to my satisfaction.

GasPedal

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Try to search around sungai petani kedah, halfcut price quite cheap.
I bought blacktop manual 5sp just rm3800 from ceres body, transplant into my ee90.
BT auto should be cheaper, 6sp around rm6000.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

law on car-crimes aint strict?

Help me out here. Are Mlysn law on car-crimes strict? It doesnt seem strict to me. I'm just passing thru and I read quite a few threads here. The car crime-spree in Mlys is bad. Correct me if I am wrong.

Reasons for these are
1. Not enough patrols are being done by the law enforcement.
2. Not enough on-duty police officers.
3. Building owners(shopping areas) should provide more able private security officers(to make customers feel...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience