r35 should use ron97 or 99?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Yes.. modern car have knock sensor, but do u really wan your engine to retard timing till limit n jump into limp mode..? detect knock when u on boost..? Continues of knock count ecu will jump into limp mode, limiting boost, running rich, lower timing, this is not good for the engine health. This is happen even with a tune ECU, u never know when u going to fill up crap fuel malaysia have.
crap fuel?

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Yes.. modern car have knock sensor, but do u really wan your engine to retard timing till limit n jump into limp mode..? detect knock when u on boost..? Continues of knock count ecu will jump into limp mode, limiting boost, running rich, lower timing, this is not good for the engine health. This is happen even with a tune ECU, u never know when u going to fill up crap fuel malaysia have.
I don't think Malaysian petrol is crap. Wait till you try petrol in the land of Merlion.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
The meaning of crap fuel is refering they trick us by mixing ron97 with other unknown fuel, making it not 100% pure ron97, making engine knocking. This is proven by member using diff station, so now ban shell station already.

reza808

Sep 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
U must have gotten urself a UK Spec GTR 35.....yes they do have 100RON fuel there. In your case, visit a trustworthy workshop and get it retuned to suit our lovely Ron97 (dont u worry about power loss, the car has too much to give if u consider remapping & upboosting the beast!)

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
AFAIK, it's still a RON97 but with different addictives.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
AFAIK, it's still a RON97 but with different addictives.
Yup, Shell V Power Racing here in Ron 97 only....

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Yes.. especially shell 97 at kampung area.:banghead:
Shell Ron 97 in city also not good leh! no need kampung, but that was the Fuel Save Ron 97 I tried, now the V Power Ron 97 I dare not try.....ha! ha!

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

But in the US, there's no RON >97, yet R35 is avaliable there.
In US they use AKI (Anti Knock Index). AKI 90 is Ron 95, 93 is Ron 98 and 94 in Ron 99-100....

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Shell Ron 97 in city also not good leh! no need kampung, but that was the Fuel Save Ron 97 I tried, now the V Power Ron 97 I dare not try.....ha! ha!
Wah.. Now spread to city already... They really thirsty for $$, they will kick all their customer away like this...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience