Water to Air Intercooler

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Anyone know where to get this kind of kit ?

not easy to find it at Malaysia except oversea

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
just use a very long hose & just connect your windscreen washer to to
the front of the intercooler......when u press your wscreen washer, yr ic get sprayed too :rofl:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
there is water spray kit for top mounted intercooler cars such as Subaru, but not sure whether it works for front mounted intercooler cars.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
to all ZTH..
I asking about water to air intercooler kit le
not the intercooler spray kit

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
there is one feller selling in zth market place bout 1 month ago, not sure sold or not....water to air intercooler only got 1 problem, u need a extra water pump (electrical) and radiator to circulate the heated water which is space consuming

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
peterj.
I know that
just looking another option to source the IC locally for clearance measurement
worry order thru oversea.. clearance not match then eat shit liow

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Y not just air to air intercooler..? isn't that more cooling efficiency. Except u running nitrogen in the coolant...

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Yes.. if the car is moving, stop n go will still heat soak the sucker like a subaru, the best part is response when driving on stock cooler, nothing better. If u look at charge vehicle nowdays, especially VW hot hatch, front mount big facing thin intercooler for response n cooling. Toyota stop designing water to air intercooler for a reason.

Suggestion on the pump, mod it to run constantly(will reduce pump life span but best when stop n go), adding a fan to the cooler also, in malaysia weather this is a must. Happy modding...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i guess u make one yourself, usually they take a small intercooler such from GSR or SR20 or such , then u need to weld the enclosure which can be done locally too , then u can use a 12V water pump to circulate the water :)

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
jinkl
those water to air cooler have different core
some quote from Air to Water Intercooler

Some Water to Air Intercoolers that you can buy online do not contain true water to air cores. A true water to air core has water passages that are much smaller than the air passages. This is part of what allows the water to air intercooler to be so small and have such low pressure drop. Some water to air intercoolers that you buy online use an air to air core design where the air passages for ambient air and intake air are the same size, with an enormous loss of efficiency.

Of course the kit I looking at mostly come with pump
it just the size concern only
need to get the right size only

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
jinkl
those water to air cooler have different core
some quote from Air to Water Intercooler

Some Water to Air Intercoolers that you can buy online do not contain true water to air cores. A true water to air core has water passages that are much smaller than the air passages. This is part of what allows the water to air intercooler to be so small and have such low pressure drop. Some water to air intercoolers that you buy online use an air to air core design where the air passages for ambient air and intake air are the same size, with an enormous loss of efficiency.

Of course the kit I looking at mostly come with pump
it just the size concern only
need to get the right size only
usually in here when we do fabricate water intercoolers we use an aircond cooling coil..and pump we use from bot water pump...and its for drag car coz we use ice,and put in small ice box...heee:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help ! Why the radio and the clock doesnt working?? But the fuse at the back of the radio is okay,and the fuse in the dashboard is okay,i dont know why
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience