4G93 Modifications

syimirmazlan

Apr 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
dura tech cam market price is rm2400...i got it for rm2100 from a guy in klang, speed art including valve spring...installation rm200, without setting adj campulley, rm1k++ for tuning e manage, since u have safc thats good enough...

for workshop around PJ, i dunno la brader, i done my car at shah alam...

Last edited:

NoobCity

Jul 18, 2012
Petaling Jaya
I see.

Thanks for the info bro.

By the way, looking for Skunk2 Air Intake Manifold that is made for 4G93.
Apparently it makes your throttle much lighter and it's plug & play!

I have looked through mudah.my and only to found those with 70mm intake bore.
I'm using mivec TB, which is only 60mm. How does the Skunk2 Air Intake Manifold bore fits my 60mm mivec tb?

metal333

Known Member
Jun 9, 2009
how about if using crankshaft 4g94 + block 4g93?what rod size needed and piston?any suggestion?

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
to achieve 140whp, u dont really need a mivec piston (from my opinion). stock piston with thinner metal gasket already offer u slightly more compression ratio. then pnp, mivec tb, less restrict intake system, better extractor and hi-cam will definitely increase (with proper tune) your engine's volumetric efficiency. slightly higher CR + better VE = higher Dynamic compression pressure. There's a lot tuner out there who can increase your hp, but not all pro enough to increase it efficiently.

NoobCity

Jul 18, 2012
Petaling Jaya
Just bought a skunk2 intake manifold and fixed on my 4G93.
Also fixed ficd for the air-cond idle timing.

However, when the air-cond is on, my idle timing sounds as if i have high cams on.
Where as if i off the air-cond, my idle becomes normal.
And, with or without air-cond on, when i start driving, it turns back to normal.

Is this normal or what?
My mechanic is asking to come back for another visit to check on the air/fuel flow and is concerned that my fuel might not be sufficient on the high rpm section.

Anyone has installed a skunk2 intake manifold on a 4G93?
The rpm is much lighter and responsive now though but i'm shifing at 5k rpm now, to be safe before future investigate. Hehehe

syimirmazlan

Apr 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Just bought a skunk2 intake manifold and fixed on my 4G93.
Also fixed ficd for the air-cond idle timing.

However, when the air-cond is on, my idle timing sounds as if i have high cams on.
Where as if i off the air-cond, my idle becomes normal.
And, with or without air-cond on, when i start driving, it turns back to normal.

Is this normal or what?
My mechanic is asking to come back for another visit to check on the air/fuel flow and is concerned that my fuel might not be sufficient on the high rpm section.

Anyone has installed a skunk2 intake manifold on a 4G93?
The rpm is much lighter and responsive now though but i'm shifing at 5k rpm now, to be safe before future investigate. Hehehe
wait, did u get the skunk2 intake which is made for 4g93?from what i know there is no skunk2 for 4g93, there are only for b16, b18 but u can mod the intake flange to fit the 4g9x engine.

and yes, if u use mivec tb the size is 60mm, while the intake is 70mm, its ok, but u wont unleash the full potential of the skunk2 intake. but i think it is sufficient for ur current engine setup.

NoobCity

Jul 18, 2012
Petaling Jaya
wait, did u get the skunk2 intake which is made for 4g93?from what i know there is no skunk2 for 4g93, there are only for b16, b18 but u can mod the intake flange to fit the 4g9x engine.

and yes, if u use mivec tb the size is 60mm, while the intake is 70mm, its ok, but u wont unleash the full potential of the skunk2 intake. but i think it is sufficient for ur current engine setup.
Actually there is a replica skunk2 made for 4G93, almost plug & play but there's a few misplacement for the screws on the fuel rail which can also be customized. My mechanic did a great job for the little misplacement and it was good to go.

However, when I'm idling with air-cond, my air/fuel ratio is 19.9 =.="
But when I'm throttling, it goes to 13, which is alright. Idling is a bit off, that's all.

Croydon, shit man that's 1 little monster there. On top of that, Millennium Motorsports' dyno is pretty heavy right! Yet you could pull out that HP! Awesome shit :wavey:
How much is the mivec head by the way? hehehe

cheers!

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so pening kepala...the price of parts are now crazy expensive...they play a lot with pricing...honda and toyota parts are lot cheaper...
oh ya..no wonder la so many request me vtec set mounting kits for proton now day...hemm:hmmmm:

thor03

Dec 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I used........

standard cam..
acp.
82mm bore block.
piston 1.6 with valve pocket.
emanage.
not used lcp.
injector 275cc.
intake gsr.
t.body v6 60mm.
acl bearing.
g/box 1.8.
metal gasket 0.8.
pnp.
cusco replica 4-2-1.
head and block cut 0.4mm.

dyno get 138whp........ i'm satisfied with that, even people said not so much. ha ha ha....
by the way i have final ratio mivec but did not used it because afraid of the fuel consumption, what do u guys thing if i put to my gb. Now my fuel tank can get 520-550km , what if i using this 4.6 mivec ratio? how far can I go, some said I will lost around 50km......

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

by the way noobcity... u said that u used skunk2 replica right, is it with standard cam? do feel u lost power at any range..... last time i also want to put this replica and super 90 t/b but my foreman said it's must used with high cam if not will lost the pwr......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all, I'm currently using a GSR Turbo with TD05H E3 turbo. Using E-Manage blue for tuning and running at 1.1 boost. I'm using E3 fuel injectors 510cc. Blitz boost controller.

I thougt of upgrading to higher topspeed. Curently I'm getting 210kh/h @ 7,000 rpm on stock GSR gear box. What's all the sifu's advice on this? Should I go for E3 gearbox? Or E1..E2 gearbox? Or just chg final gear ratio and add LSD?

What's the recommended boost? If I boost 1.5 bar, should I change the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience