4age 20v help

yeeza

Known Member
Jul 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
guys i jux gotten my ride a 20v but the car sound pranggggggg very loud ..i scare if jpj block confirm hailat kena ..my ride outside low profile one..so if i replace the exhaust with a silencer would it fix the problem ? mine have 4 trottle trumpet or i need to remove the trumpet and install 4 minis openpod filter replacing the trumpet to solve the pranggggggg sound ....sifu please advice....

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
my best guess your exhaust is the reason...adding a silencer might reduce the decibel...you also can consider adding a center bullet...or changing rear muffler to s flow type...

induction sound doesnt sound extremely loud...even with open trumpet installed...

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
I think your 'pranggggg' is just your exhaust? Not from the 4 throttles?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Bcos racing engine ma... prangggggggg.. prangg prangggg.. pranggggggggggggggggg

yeeza

Known Member
Jul 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
chinozie im in ampang ..i think will change to a s-flow exhaust to solve the prang prang problem hehe...btw anyone kena with jpj before ?

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
i'm not sifu...just layman play with 4AGE
what exhaust you used? Brand? got centre bullet or not? complete set? from front to rear?
prangg...sound depend what type of exhaust? S-Flow/Straight Flow
what purpose of that exhaust? competition use? comfort? etc?

i has used pranggg exhaust...to many brand from comfort to dammm loud
, i.e. trd, hks hi-power, hks silent hi-power, bullet, apexi, 5Zigen bordermax, 5Zigen pro-racer, tom's, kakimoto GT 1.0Z..
just 1 time during police road block, he ask me to change the exhaust...thank you.
JPJ don't know, coz never meet them during roadblok,..hope not meet them lah..

no need to change your trumpet to ori box (plenum setup)..i think..maybe can yum cha one day and hear how laud your exhaust...

yeeza

Known Member
Jul 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
currently having a straight flow 5zigen ..centre bullet i think have kua coz i see middle part of 1 small one..i didnt know the purpose of the exhaust but i know its damn loud ..everytime i go inside mall parking alot car alarm will go off ....lol ...once i start engine the sound bom bom bom bom bom bom prangggggggggg liddat ...my fren ask me go chopshop find 1 good s-flow exhaust better then go those exhaust custom china made one...

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
hi nappx,
I wana as you, since you've used a lot brand of exhaust, if compared with the standard levin 20V muffler and aftermarket muffler, which muffler will be close the standard muffler loudness?

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
hi nappx,
I wana as you, since you've used a lot brand of exhaust, if compared with the standard levin 20V muffler and aftermarket muffler, which muffler will be close the standard muffler loudness?
hi Ayathu,

i never use standard levin 20V muffler so i no idea/cant answer your question, maybe fgk s-flow, trd, apexi..close to std muffler loudness, but aftermarket muffler for sure diff decible (dB) compare to stock but still meet the decible requirement that why got JASMA tag.

i test lot brand of exhaust to get best performance and never think about loudness issue. want power compromise comfort lah..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey people i'll like to find out if a mitsubishi 4G63 SOHC could fit in a nissan micra ??? I would like to know if that's possible?? Or should I go with a GA15 sentra engine????:hmmmm::hmmmm:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience