4AFE alternator wire position

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
hey guys,

The socket to the alternator on my car had disintegrated and would like to ask to help if any of you 4axx engine owners take a peek at your engine and tell me the position of these wires from top to bottom. It's a 4AFE engine.

A couple of questions incl above:

1. Order of wire from top to bottom -- I think it's yellow on top, then black/red, and lastly white. Can anyone help me confirm this? I already burnt the fuse and don't want to short circuit anything else.

2. Is there any relay connected to the alternator? I heard "click-click" sound from the fuse box when the wires touched -- I think this is why the fuse got burnt. Could not fund any relay indicating alternator but there's a fuse with "ALT 100A" which I'm guessing is "Alternator 100amp".

Appreciate your help. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Here u go... follow the plug position 123...

Attachments

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Here u go... follow the plug position 123...
Thanks bro! That's exactly what I need!

UPDATE: Problem solved with that diagram. Also replaced 5A alternator fuse. Have not test driven far but so far so good.

I tried taking off the 100A fuse to check it but ended up breaking it apart only to realise that the copper is screwed to the wire beneath the fuse box (gatal tangan nak check lebih2 lol). The copper is still connected but the cover is long gone. Is that fuse available off the shelf?

Last edited:

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Update: I replaced the ALT 100A fuse today as it was available off the shelf.

To noob DIY-er out there (like me lol), that fuse, along with two others in the same section are tied with a 8mm and 10mm hex screws. You need to take the bottom cover of the fuse box out to get to there. Try taking it out just like that leads to one word -- destruction.

Thanks guys

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
great to see thing get solved...
ppl helping...then ppl updates what being done...

nice keep it up guys...

keep the Toyotarianz spirits !!!

TOYOTA = The One You Only Trust...Always !!! :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day,

a friend of mine called me up ask me to detail his brother's car. unfortunately i heard a bad news from him, the car interior was fully flooded badly due to heavy rain at Bedok Reservoir Street @ Singapore. the only thing his brother can do is use a cup to scoop up the water and dry it with a cloth. however when he deliver the car to me after 2 weeks time when the incident happened, i still find the carpet is wet and the underneath carpet's fiber are full of dirty water (air...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience