4AG BT with CP High comp piston.. compression 10?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
how thick the head gasket? stock gasket? metal gasket more than 1mm??

*do agree that tuning was the most important aspect of high compression....

i forgot which svt or blacktop got knock sensor...it auto retard the ignition if sense knocking so making low power overall to save the engine :adore:

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Currently running on Adaptronic ecu.. dyno test 138 something horsepower.. AFR is Ok.. Hmm either the TUNER is no good or the mechanic is no good :banghead:

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
hmm the dyno result really on the low side base on your current setup. my previous ride in stock form already achieved that. i've heard from my formen last time adaptronic is a bit tricky if the tuner not good enough.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
hmm feel like pour the money into drain already
I feel for you man, but don't worry, and don't give up yet, read more, what's said above are so many and so true, I won't repeat, but give 3 examples to elaborate.

Point 1 - >>>it's a total package<<< example change to racing clutch pad, but clutch slip, because TOO GRIP, didn't use racing pressure plate. Go figure. So normally we think story ends here, but NO, light-weight-flywheel + normal clutch + normal plate also not working well, forgot what was the problem, ultimately it was light-weight-flywheel + racing clutch + racing pressure plate then all OK. Something like that, see?

Point 2 - >>>adjustable length control arm (backside of the FF)<<< why it exist? for show-off? I thought so, for fun? I thought so, but at the end discovered, after lowered the suspension, axle head angle to propeller shaft wrong, lost power, then adjustable length control arm help correct the angle and power all came back. End of story? not yet, engine placement angle not point out to axle head spot on. See???

OK, you've invested WELL, just hasn't team-it-up well, hence NOT-LOST. read more !!!

Point 3 (final) - >>>HIFI subwoofer<<< my profession. Change box to bigger, means lower frequency, yeah :), that's what I thought when I was a kid, then university learn calculation discovered, Vb (Volume_box) increase, affects Qtc something like frequency response TIGHT bass or lumpy bass, it will reverse to affects the woofer itself causing the equilibrium resting during it's motion to deviate from before. (doesn't mean before was good or bad), just different. see Home

OK OK bad example.

Replace with this example, sure good one. Sensitivity(efficiency) not enough, DIY plug in a second magnet at the backside :) xi xi xi, Sens. up 3dB immediately, lucky :), but then Qts changed, Bl changed, then the suspension Vas also changed, but (what has magnet got anything to do with suspension), cannot be leh, oh yes, but it does ..... so what was a good match with the box become out-of-tune with the box.

OK OK enough, I go sleep. Don't scold me.

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
what parts do you upgrade/use apart from the piston?
2mm head skim is too much, prone to detonation and rough idling...
or do post your a/f ratio graph since you've dynoed...

Acousti, a long time didnt see this type of post...
too many thing to think of la...:rolleyes:

btw, yes you're right...
once you upgrade your car power, you need to look at handling...
'dah bole handle'... then upgrade power some more.. then handling again...

Last edited:

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Doing the checking..

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Kegani is not involve in this case.. Different shop for hardware, different person for dyno tuning

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Compression ratio (static) and results from compression test is not the same.You cant compare 10.5 compression ratio to 10 bar compression you get from compression test.

The stock compression pressure for blacktop is 13.8bar,some also call this dynamic compression (compression pressure that is,not ratio).If yours is 10 bar then there is something wrong.But the compression pressure is affected by a few thing,mainly cranking speed,cylinder sealing and cam duration and timing.To get good results,the cylinder must be as air tight as possible when the piston move up in compression stroke.

Now,when you fit a long duration cam,coupled with low cranking speed,some air will escape compared to the stock cam,because the cam opens the valve longer,so it is expected to go slightly lower if youre still using stock piston.But with hi comp piston,for it to go that low (13.8 down to 10) is weird.Long duration cams will work when the engine is running,when there is enough air speed coming in and out of the cylinders.

It could be a lot of factors.

I suggest you carefully check your cam timing,make sure it is DEGREED CORRECTLY,check your cam spec that the manufacturer suggested to have the cam fitted at how many degrees lobe center.When you use thin head gasket and also skimmed head,your cam timing will be wrong by a few degrees compared to stock,so please check.Check your valve clearance too,make sure its within the specified range.

I think your compression ratio would be good enough,its just that your compression pressure result is worrying.

About the Adaptronic,its a good ecu i dont think there is something wrong with it.

Last edited:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
IMO, higher compression pistons and aftermarket cams doesn't necessary mean you'll get higher compression when doing compression checking through the spark plug hole. To do a proper compression testing, its more complicated. Checking compression through the spark plug hole is usually used to identify if there's any compression loss between the pistons mainly due to worn out compression rings. So a spark plug compression test is not the proper way to check for engine compression rating.

Anyways, attached below showing compression checking reference from 4AGE service manual. It says compression pressure 13.6kgf/cm² or more and minimum pressure 11.0kgf/cm².

Hope it helps to clear out the air.

Attachments

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Check.. Im using ron 95 and ron 97.. check already the engine, I think the metal gasket too thick.. Nothing wrong with the tuner.. My conclusion the mechanic just know to have a theory talk instead of experience working with high comp piston, stop pour money to drain again.. I'll go to another workshop instead.. :wavey:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
how much was the head gasket thickness? was it metal gasket that was more than 1mm thick?...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,
my aircond for 6a12tt having problems....happened yesterday while otw back to KL from Rompin,
aircond speed was at number 1, but suddenly it was blowing very little air then back to normal.

therefore i blasted the aircond to maximum but as its like number 1 speed....
it was like that the whole journey home.....
i guess should i service the blower? could it be clogged inside or is it compressor going to kong soon?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience