NRG vs. Shadow

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
besides the sensors... no other problem.

You guys can check out EA Autoworks (Drex Chan)... maybe he has some stock remaining, but I don't think he is taking any new stock after he sells off the current stock.

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
thank you for the replies!!

bro jun. i want to buy shadows but my wallet keeps telling me to buy nrg hehe

and bro Dlegend besides the sensors failing.. did you have any other problems? thanks
Haha :D But honestly, if you want a nice gauge, go for Shadow, they are better looking that NRG definitely :D

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
besides the sensors... no other problem.

You guys can check out EA Autoworks (Drex Chan)... maybe he has some stock remaining, but I don't think he is taking any new stock after he sells off the current stock.
He doesn't have enough of the same type. Some are white faced some are smoked. If I wanted the 3 I wanted it'd be a mix and I'm not keen on having multiple faces

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Can get from xd-auto parts (kentgoh). Roughly rm250 per meter for shadow gauge..

Perhaps can get lower price with group buy. Shadow gauge white face is yuuuummy!!

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
anymore issues for those using NRG? planning to get the oil temp, pressure.

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
My Shadow water temp sensor kong again dee.... the needle bouncing up and down. Need to order new one again :(

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
if anyone else wants to group buy pm me :)

and Dlegend... where exactly is ea autoworks??? thank you
Eh Q Ho Lee : What happened to the group buy la? Not enough people pm you?

My Shadow water temp sensor kong again dee.... the needle bouncing up and down. Need to order new one again :(
Wah.. sensor kong so easily one?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Shadow RM300, replacement sensor RM80 x 2 = RM460? + trouble + time..
not worth le.

better buy used gauges from Japan.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
i once ride a fren's car with shadow gauges.
for me its a bit too bright/glaring esp during nite drive.

yes i know u can set the brightness but it is still glaring and make driving quite uncomfortable.huhuhu!

i m using NRG water temp.no prob up until now.
only once i wash the engine bay, the sensor clip was loose but send back to shop and they settle(cable tied it) for free.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

4.3 secs / 340ps / 500nm / 3L straight 6 twin scroll single turbo / 8 speed /automatic / RM568K.

Engine
Power is a major highlight of the GR Supra. Default 340ps figure is very decent by most standards, but it feels more than that in reality. It’s not just about the phenomenal acceleration either, but the delivery part of it.

It feels meaty, lag-less, linear, never ending and uncanny at supplying that 500nm worth of torque through the rear tyres, right on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience