Life is REALLY Tough in Singapore.......

Life is REALLY Tough in

• Singapore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malaysia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not easy, live in JB and work in SG is worse than going to KL to work every morning and going home after work....

Have friends or people I know did that..Imagine waking up at 6am in the morning is bad enough or 5.30am, some who lives
in JB have to wake up as early as 4am and start their journey at around 4 - 5am the most, if not the Jam will be real bad.

What's more when going home...jam till late night, eat, bathe and sleep. So in the end, I don't think is worth doing so...
Yup, true also, but that is life. Life is never easy, unless probably if born with diamond spoon.....
One of my friend have it good, Stay in JB, boss send work over from SG. Don't know how it works, but messenger bring work over and collect previous day one back. I think he is an architect....

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

We always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence... But as far as I know, the best country to live in is the Scandinavian countries like Sweden and Denmark, according to surveys.
To live in, maybe like retire, but not work in.....EU also having their own problems lately.....

dfx16

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
To be fair since this a car forum, s'pore isnt that bad afterall
Some came here to let off their stream simply that they cant afford their dream car in s'pore
This group always think that with the same amount of dollars they can get a better car on the other side

Comeon, what's there to compare nothing is fair in this world
I drove a Accord in s'pore, with the same amount of dollars i'm paying, i can buy a Porsche 911 in Hong Kong
But i spend only sgd 90 per mtn to secure a parking lot for home use, over in Hong Kong it cost avg sgd 700 per mtn juz to secure a parking lot

Europe can a better place since they are ranked 1st world among the 1st
Looking at their situation now who's think they are better?

Likewise, OZ and NZ does also have cheap properties and cars
Does anyone here want pay 40% income tax to government to feed those lazy beggars

What i dont like about s'pore now is the in-flood of foreigners
Again to be fair Malayisan and Indonesian all perfectly fine as we also perceive both as same family since we had been working together and seeing each other for decades, technically speaking we share almost the same culture
FYI, my god daughter mum is from Penang and dad from KL
But other then our near neighbours many of us dont welcome the rest, they clipped almost everything
From properties, transport, cost of living etc

Last edited:

NRC

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
For me. The grass do seems greener on the other side at times. When u feel bad due to something then u feel it's better over there.

When I'm in Auckland, I felt bored at night as everything closes early. Oil prices are higher than in Malaysia. It's colder. Sometimes I shiver myself to sleep. Lack of good Asian food. Friendly neighbourhood, very clean, very professional people & since my father side of the family is here thus I feel good of course. Very balance lifestyle. Huge serving size of food, Bungalows, Holden & cheap cars are part of our lives. When someone dislike you or something they tend to tell it / shove it to your face directly esp. racial discrimination even if you're Asian or Islander or White (which is very rude for me). Taking a cab here is so expensive. The buses are so slow to arrive. Prostitution is legalised & I personally think it's not the best idea esp. for the next gen. as they think it's ethical since it's legal ?! People tend to be more obese in this land. There're earthquakes in certain areas. The police are more friendly but less tolerant with illicit activities. Taxes are higher. They love rugby & not soccer or football.

When I'm in KL, I feel a bit too noisy all the time. Traffic jam is a great hassle. Prices of cars are too high. It's too humid & polluted. Sometimes I sweat myself to sleep. Lack of good quality of life. But the variety of food is crazy. People are on-the-go even at night with 24 hours mamak & the nightlife beats Auckland. A lot of cheap pirated goods. People are very 'cincai' so easier to settle things. Most of my friends are here. Street food are everywhere. We can even get Mc'D at 2 a.m. or go shopping at 8 p.m ! Maintaining or fixing cars & modifying em' are generally cheaper and more choices. It's easier to get medication. Malaysians are more family oriented / kids are more respectful to parents. The clothing fashion & electronics over here are more updated & cheaper plus more variety. The ladies in this country have much better body curves ( the Kiwis or N.Z. / Americans tend to say that Asians have much better body figure than them ) =P . There are more corporate jobs in KL than in Auckland.

So it's 1 + 2 over there and 2 + 1 over here.

Last edited:

Phantom_Scarab

Nov 15, 2003
KLIA
talk about SG police...this year was my wife's turn to celebrate hari raya in Singapore (since my mother in law was a Singaporean, and her siblings remained Singaporean)

as I was driving in the TPE express-way going to Pasir Ris, it was approximately about 1430-1500 and damn it was very hot...there's this road coming from the left that is going to merge with the express-way,
I was totally flabbergasted when I saw one Singapore patrol car parked in between it with a policeman standing straight, with his hand both holding a speed trap camera, and what amazes me is that he doesn't wear any head gear in the middle of the hot sunny day.

the point is here that, it is so different from our RMP. you would never ever see them in a hot and open area flashing those speed camera...let alone standing in a hot sun.
and to make matters worst is that they will try to go for concealment option, rather than showing them-self openly...

this why most Malaysians despise the speed trap cameras in malaysia. the practice is like: you cari salah orang rather than educate and show that you are committing foul act.
In Malaysia even I've seen some of them smoking :smokin: in their full uniform while on duty controlling the traffic. :hmmmm:

Oct 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
dollar for dollar, Singapore has a lower cost of living.

CPF management is great there, once approved buying a house is easy there and direct deduction from CPF is highly convenient, access to quality education and quality items is great, lots of pretty girls and the fact that the currency is so strong makes travelling overseas a relatively "cheap" affair.

The only other thing I don't really appreciate is the compulsary 2 years national service. The males come out 2 years older but still studying whereas the females are already earning an income.

Singapore isn't that bad.
Pretty? Sure???

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Ermmm....I would not say many pretty girls there...but I would say that Singapore girls know how to dress themselves. Mostly

NRC

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Ermmm....I would not say many pretty girls there...but I would say that Singapore girls know how to dress themselves. Mostly
That's what I thought also. I've been there a few times. They know how to 'style' it more.

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
don't know about you guys ler.., but on my personal experience of working outside Malaysia

Singapore : when I was working in SG, though my salary is around the 'comfort' zone as mentioned earlier in thread, I still felt that I'm squeezing life as it is... I lived in one of the HDB in Jurong.. to me la.. maybe because Im a Malay, cari makan was a bit difficult... almost everyday have to resort to mamak stalls... maybe for others easy la kot because loads of Chinese hawkers around... being a smoker lagi jialat... everyday have to tapau frens who lived in JB to bring in with SGD5 per 19sticks... adoi... girls wise meh normal ler.. Msia, SG all sama rata laa... only SG more gwailou chicks with low cut nenen :P... One thing that I noticed is that in SG, people are more to themselves... not as friendly as here in Msia... some laa... not all SG ok.. keep your panties up... and also the 'kiasuism' syndrome... then comes privacy.. i always felt like being watched... wanna cross the road need to find proper place, wanna smoke have to find proper place... to me felt a bit like prisoner lehh... honestly I would not like to migrate to SG anytime soon...

Indonesia : Company transferred me to a new branch in Indonesia (Batam)... woahhh... vely nice ahhahaha... Earning SGD spending Rupiah... instant millionaire like fcuk wehh... i felt more at home in Indonesia... foods was easy to find and cheap... ciggies ohmaigawd...rm3 for Dunhill 20s and stuffs are slightly cheaper... and NO EFFIN JPJ AHHAHAHAHA...... even though a lot of people said that Indonesia is bad and watnot... well some Indonesians are having a hard life and sometime its just like Malaysia where the crimerates are high... but I enjoyed my tenure there... in Indonesia you just need to make some 'friends' with the local authority then shud be ok... I wouldnt mind if my company send me back to Indo for a longer stint or permanent though... :P

its true what some of you have said, sometimes it is greener on the other side of the fence.. depends on how you see it, live it and make of it... each country has it plus and minus...

Whatever it is, Im proud to be Malaysians... yes I don't agree with some people,organization or way of life... but there's nothing like Malaysia... uhhuhuhu

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
No matter what.....

The "barang" is the same.....

Be it Singaporean, be it Malaysian....

haha.....:listen:
Apa barang..? I tarak paham wor :biggrin:

If one can earn god income...of course it is better coz of better purchasing power like satanic in Indonesia while earning sgd...but if earn rupiah...sure different story haha..unless also earning high rupiah

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You got major shopping center, the MY girls also dress well mah! all sorts also have.....

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Apa barang..? I tarak paham wor :biggrin:

If one can earn god income...of course it is better coz of better purchasing power like satanic in Indonesia while earning sgd...but if earn rupiah...sure different story haha..unless also earning high rupiah
Actually whatever country, you earn enough, sure okay one......:driver:

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Just whining....

Life is really tough here. Pay so low, everything so expensive. Still have to compete with those foreigners from Pinoy land, India....... Have to constantly study and upgrade to get some stupid toilet paper........

Lessons ended not long for for me today....ZzZzZz...... So tired in class, dozing off...... sigh......

Seriously, sometimes when I look across the causeway I really eny you Malaysians....... Life is so much better. Things also cheaper, petrol cheaper, housing, car, even daily needs (rice, oil etc...) also much cheaper......Got gov subsidies. Healthcare cheap also.

I feel here is like my gov suck me dry and left me out to die.......... Everything so expensive....
Dear bro escksu,

I don't know if this will make you feel any better but you're definitely not alone!

I am pretty much in the same situation as you except that I am down under.

What makes it worse is the fact that I have to pay around AUD$500 in tax + super every fortnight minus the fact that I have to some times endure racial abuses and unfair treatment at the workplace.

Nevertheless, Malaysia is where my heart is. I'll reclaim her once my contract is over!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , jz wanna ask how much air (kPa) usually bump for 205/50/16 tyres? anyone?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience