Why people lazy too use extra locks?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
lazy is one thing...btw, it also depends on the thief determination to get the car too...some even resort to steal inside the owner house compound and even disengaged the auto gate installed... most thief do it because of got high demand..if the car model is on high demand in their wanted list...you will probably be on their radar ady...just waiting for the right moment...most car stolen is in stock condition...highly modded car less attractive to get stolen...usually they will just break into the car and steal the gadgets installed inside the car...
Highly modded cars are also difficult to resell hence not attractive to thieves.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
You can also install air suspension. Lift the car higher a bit, put 2 pieces of rubber block (about RM50 each, normally use for car lift) then lowered the car and let the near-driving-wheels car body section sits on the blocks (tires of the driving wheel maintain 0.5 to 1 cm ground clearance). Basically the thief can't move the car at all. But in this matter, you probably need to install security wheel lock that ordered from overseas (not easily bought from local shop). The total cost will be not so friendly so it is basically not so practical.

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Zero spending on your car security:

Remove a couple of fuses, remove a couple of spark plugs, remove main plug cables, remove ecu (if they have been relocated at a convenient place, that is).

Definitely a big turn-off, even for the most desperate thief. haha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Based on my survey on relatives and friends, most of them are lazy to use extra locks (steering, gear, pedal lock) when parking their cars outside. Most of the reportedly stolen cars in this forum also didn't use extra locks. Is it that hard to do? :confused:
Not Surprising when majority Malaysians are even Lazy to turn on their signals when switching lanes or turning into a junction. So, a steering lock is more complicated than turning on the signal with a finger.

That's the reason why many would not even use the steering lock even if they have one.

Sikap malas and Sikap tak apa of majority typical Malaysians...when something happened,
OH Shit, I should have done this or done that...they just prefer to learn their lessons
the hard way...:dontknow:

Last edited:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
Zero spending on your car security:

Remove a couple of fuses, remove a couple of spark plugs, remove main plug cables, remove ecu (if they have been relocated at a convenient place, that is).

Definitely a big turn-off, even for the most desperate thief. haha
but if they really wan that car, they will juz towed it,lolz....happened to my neighbour where he juz got his brand new car,den purposely park very near to each other...wake up tomolo morning, only his brand new car which was beong sandwiched by 2 cars were gone....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
but if they really wan that car, they will juz towed it,lolz....happened to my neighbour where he juz got his brand new car,den purposely park very near to each other...wake up tomolo morning, only his brand new car which was beong sandwiched by 2 cars were gone....
Yeah, you are right.

Depends how desperate the thief. If desperate enuf, the thief you would force your car to stop, force open the car door/smash windscreen, drag the driver out, hantam or slash driver kaw-kaw, and lastly highjack and drove off the car....This tactic is quite common. Some happened at the house front, some at petrol station, remote carpark lot, etc

Security company should design a self-destruct car. Unauthorized driver detected? C4 the thief to kingdom come....hahahah...padan muka!

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Highly modded cars are also difficult to resell hence not attractive to thieves.
most of them didn't resell the car..

they just open the aftermarket parts & sell it

:biggrin:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Another simple solution to the problem is that to....

SANDBLAST YOUR CAR NUMBER PLATE ON ALL 6 OR 8 WINDOW/WINDSCREEN ....

Simple but it works....

Thieves find the cars with sandblasted number plate on the screens NOT ATTRACTIVE and TROUBLESOME...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam

Simple but it works....

Thieves find the cars with sandblasted number plate on the screens NOT ATTRACTIVE and TROUBLESOME...
i heard they use some kind of chemical to put plate no at windows..

sand blasting is use to clear the paint on d body

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Some cars were sand blasted when purchase. Like mine...got the front windscreen and both at rear passenger window

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

Simple but it works....

Yes, that could deters car theft incidents. However, it would not stop thieves from selling separate parts from the car.

Nevertheless, some protection is better than no protection.

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
i dont use locks either but got back up battery for my viper. othr than tht doubt anyone wanna steal my no resale value car lol.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Simple but it works....

Yes, I also have that done on my cars.

i heard they use some kind of chemical to put plate no at windows..

sand blasting is use to clear the paint on d body

Correct, they put some chemicals, not sure what though.

Yes, that could deters car theft incidents. However, it would not stop thieves from selling separate parts from the car.

Nevertheless, some protection is better than no protection.
Yeap, again the purpose is just as additional deterent to minimise our risk from theft.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

i dont use locks either but got back up battery for my viper. othr than tht doubt anyone wanna steal my no resale value car lol.
What car is that?