ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Haha..Probably..Wonder how's the power n fc of the new 1.5 engine..Any idea?

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
guys, may i know what type of ECU we had in our 1.5cc engine(3sz-ve)? today my friend brought his OBD2 dignostic tool with bluetooth model ELM327,then connect to my android phone by using the apps call Torque.. the status there is able to connect obd reader, but then it keep trying to search which is the best protoco to communicate with the my ecu... keep trying but still failed... im kind of diasppointed as i really hope to know all my engine parameters well... anyone got suggestion? why it cant connect ? is there any obd reader for our 1.5cc engine ecu? it is our ECU OBD2 or CAN??? :confused::adore:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
All current Perodua not using OBD II standard. The port itself is an OBD II port but it won't interface at all. Its most likely encrypted.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I don't understand your question. A picture tell a thousand words

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
I'm sorry but does the Myvi 1.5 SE come with a "Overdrive" button?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Do you honestly think car manufacturers will make a car that's prone to rust? Especially when it comes to the engine block? The Wira engine block is made of cast iron and if you look at half cut shops and cars over 13 years of age, the block is the only thing in a Wira that is least prone to rusting.

Myvi 1.5 is a great car but it's shape doesn't allow for high speed runs, but hey.. who travels above 130km/h daily anyway? If you do then Myvi isn't for you.
I guess BLM not suitable for me :rofl: or my gf's kelisa...:laugh:

Agree that these cars are not suitable to drive at high speed...not stable at all...
Just that some people got bigger balls to travel above 160km/h in Myvi/BLM :listen:

jimbo32

Jan 28, 2009
hi to all myvian, im newbie here. now im considering about the myvi 1.5 SE. but after so much of study from the forum, alots of ppl said this 1.5 engine block was made of cast iron... it is true? cast iron compare with alloy block, what is the advantages and disadvantages? i thought cast iron is for old car only... and for the DVVT and VVT-i is different? some ppl said DVVT is mechanical while VVT-i is operate by computer.... :banghead:

p/s: pls dont shoot me as i really blur about this.... sorry, newbie :wavey:
all perodua models are using iron cast engine block. there is no rusty issue for the engine block since it is painted. only cylinder head use aluminum.

the advantages of using aluminum engine block is lighter.

dvvt is just a trademark name for daihatsu/perodua. both operation of vvt-i and dvvt are the same which ecu controlled advance/retard of valves opening/closing.

Nov 6, 2012
johor bahru
hmm but what i know it used, an all aluminium engine and considerable the only 1.5l stock in the platform. Not even a passo that is what ive read in paultans review

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

if he's fooling us for sure we can sue him bkoz its an official review. hax3

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu,

just now i have purchased a new GTi OEM lower arm...
'
The gti lower arm n GSR lower arm same rite???? the arb "satay" also rite??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience