Permanent Deposit or permanent paint damaged - Rescue OPTI COAT by KC the Detailien

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Re: Permanent Deposit or permanent paint damaged - Rescue OPTI COAT by KC the Detaili

ooo gps can be used by hand?
i wonder how the effect will be
To be really honest here, the glaze aspect of GPS can have a filling effect when applied by hand or not worked long with a buffer. It produces a high gloss, wet-looking shine.

As a polish, GPS can remove minor defects with pad choice, pressure, and a longer work time, while still finishing like a finishing polish.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Re: Permanent Deposit or permanent paint damaged - Rescue OPTI COAT by KC the Detaili

For light swirl and scratches using Optimum Hyper Compound or Optimum Hyper Polish that KC normally uses might be too much removal of paint. I recently switched to GPS for my biannual polishing sessions. Good for maintenance polishing and also protects. Zero dusting! Can be used by hand or machine.

thanks buddy
why should I be finding the answer when the answer is here

ooo gps can be used by hand?
i wonder how the effect will be
it can be hand polish too

mrpilot

Known Member
Mar 11, 2009

what is GPS?

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008

Glaze-Polish-Seal....sort of an AIO (All-in-one)....

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL

Glaze-Polish-Seal....sort of an AIO (All-in-one)....
Correct! Its indeed an AIO. Like most AIO out there... working by hand will be disappointing & since modern day clear coats appears to be harder than traditional single stage paint, working by machine is recommended. If worked by hand, you will feel very tired plus it will just fill in the defects and you will see again those defects after a few car wash sessions.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com

This is awesome stuff

Good to go by hand too

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Can't wait for the next clinic soon

mrpilot

Known Member
Mar 11, 2009

bro kc, i want to buy your care care product. how to? i want onr, and GPS. and also ur recomended wax to make my car more glossy.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL

bro kc, i want to buy your care care product. how to? i want onr, and GPS. and also ur recomended wax to make my car more glossy.
The only wax that I believe KC has is Alien Wax/Optimum Car Wax(contains no petroleum & its water based) & a true paint sealant that has a longer durability is called "OPTI-SEAL".

As for GPS, its a pretty good all in one product with light cutting ability BUT do consider topping up with a true sealant or wax as the beading and water sheeting is quite weak. We have to be extremely careful with the tropical climate of our country.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Both of the Optimum protection products doesn't stain vinyl/plastic & also still protect these surfaces as well.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The condition of the car wasn't too bad, it has your daily dirt and grime, paint is also heavily waterspotted and lacks depth and clarity. Lots of Random Deep Isolated Scratches (RIDS) as well.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience