LFA pros and cons?

JapSuperCarsFTW

Jul 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm helping a (an extremely rich) friend to pick out a car for his own birthday. He was thinking LFA, Gallardo, or a 458 Spyder. So far, LFA is winning, because there are a couple dealers in my area that have, and let's be honest, owning one out of only five hundred available in the world is pretty boss.

How would would you choose? Any opinions?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Since's money is not an issue, y not buy 1 each?..hehe

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Right now i'm craving for a mclaren MP4-12C... LFA is just a F1 sounding sport car, buy it for the sound n unique only, still a lexus. 458 spyder is a icon n best performance among the bunch, but i prefer the new open hardtop MP4-12C. Galardo is nothing new n non special anymore since the new avantador came out to play. Also can consider the AMG SLS, the brute force V8 sound like a machine gun. The latest super car in the market will be the aston martin vanquish, looks amazing n nothing can compare to the V12 sound.

Those lambo ride like a horse in malaysian road, 458 came second, third AMG SLS, then Lexus LFA, last the MP4-12C ride like a rolls royce, the most comfort hyper car money can buy.

My point of view is base on comfort, performance, looks, n LIKE A BOSS...
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...4-12c-spider-from-mclarens-official-film.html

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Cons:
I'm gonna get shot for this, but at the end of the day Lexus is just a glorified Toyota. You want a supercar, you buy Italian. Its the same really, if you want timepiece heirloom, you buy a Patek, not a Grand Seiko, regardless how good the Grand Seiko is, its not a Swiss watch. Likewise, as good as the Lexus, its not an Italian supercar.

Ferrari has the history, the pedigree, and the trophies to back it up. Lexus? Just a brand man, Toyota didn't win squat in the big boy's game, they only won in their own backyard with Super GT. Formula 1, Le Mans, Indianapolis, any race in the world you name it Ferrari won it.

EDIT: The Lexus LFA is a nice car though. If he already has an Italian supercar in the garage, then by all means buy it.

JapSuperCarsFTW

Jul 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I agree.. Ferrari has much to back it up compared to Lexus. He already has a Pagani Zonda F in his garage.. guess it couldn't hurt to try something new? I'll definitely take your words into consideration though.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If he has a Zonda, surely LF-A wont be able to satisfy him enough. Maybe the Mclaren MP4-12C would suit him more or the Ferrari 599XX? :smile: :top:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
I agree.. Ferrari has much to back it up compared to Lexus. He already has a Pagani Zonda F in his garage.. guess it couldn't hurt to try something new? I'll definitely take your words into consideration though.
is yr fren's name HanRacing?..:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

lil_piggy2

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Where can u repair a LFA???? or which person can handle parts change for that car in Msia??? Lambo and Ferrari has support here.... I dun think the LFA has any experienced person to handle it here...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Where can u repair a LFA???? or which person can handle parts change for that car in Msia??? Lambo and Ferrari has support here.... I dun think the LFA has any experienced person to handle it here...
Got money to buy supercar but no money to sort out maintenance meh?

I'd just get the LFA. Once I'm bored with it I'd give it to my 3 year old daughter to play with then get another supercar.

Repeat process until I run out of kids to give to and start giving to neighbours.

When to stop? When I finally get a Koenigsegg CCXR.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello;
I have 2 questions to ask about my 1.3 Kia Rio.

1) when cold start, then put in R or D the car will jerking and sometime mati. but if we tkan minyak abit, terus no problem, no more jerking..

2) My auto box suka tuka2 gear....a bit bukit terus gear 3...then if i am driving above 120..then tkan minyak nak pecut..it will automatically masuk gear 2..is this normal...the car will just bising but not much speed difference..

someone please help me...tq =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience